Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation

Go down

Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation Empty Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation

Post by GirlBye Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Vetoes Disrupt Iraqi Government Formation Iraq

A number of Iraqi political blocs placed a “veto” on the names of some candidates submitted for ministerial positions, a step that further disrupted the announcement of a new government, informed sources revealed Thursday.

“Prime Minister-designate Adel Abdel Mahdi had completed the largest part of his ministerial lineup and was about to present it to parliament yesterday (Thursday),” the sources told Asharq Al-Awsat.

However, the sources added, a number of blocs expressed objection to the names of some candidates proposed by Mahdi. “This development complicated the formation process.”

The new cabinet is expected to include between 22 and 23 portfolios, 70 percent of which are allocated under political consensus and 30 percent for technocrats.

Some Iraqi political blocs had given Mahdi the freedom to choose ministers according to the shares allocated to each of them.

However, others placed vetoes and asked the PM to ask for their consent before he chooses names for his lineup.

Despite the obstacles and the challenges he faces over the allocation of ministries to different blocs, the PM-designate is expected to present his cabinet lineup to parliament for approval next week.

The sources said he would present the lineup by next Monday or Wednesday after finalizing the distribution of around 15 ministerial portfolios among the different factions.

“He will keep any decision on the sovereign ministries, such as the Defense, Interior, Foreign, Oil and Finance, for later,” the sources explained.

Meanwhile, Iraqi President Barham Salih said Thursday it was important to form a new cabinet within constitutional time-frames.

According to the Iraqi constitution, the prime minister-designate has 30 days to form a cabinet and present it to parliament for approval.

https://aawsat.com/english/home/article/1431466/vetoes-disrupt-iraqi-government-formation
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum