Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad!

Go down

High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! Empty High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad!

Post by RamblerNash Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:27 pm

High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad!

With rampant corruption, lack of oversight and failure of educational systems

15/10/2018 - 18:15

High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! E829e62b5e2420c6501490d0df1e382f_L

In the 1970s, Iraq took great strides towards combating illiteracy, to the extent that the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) declared Iraq free of illiteracy, but decades later the state of education in Iraq deteriorated to a deplorable state.

A few days ago, a member of the Education Committee in the Baghdad Provincial Council, Nasreen Hadi, said that the illiteracy rate in the Iraqi capital amounted to 50 percent, for people aged between 6 and 40 years, according to statistics did not mention their source.

She pointed out that the illiteracy rate has increased frighteningly due to the deteriorating economic conditions, the lack of supervision and the failure of educational systems. "Most illiterates are orphans who have left school or have limited income to support their families."

The planning officer for the Iraqi Ministry of Education's literacy program, Hafsi Halabousi, said the figure was exaggerated, but he believed it was within 25 percent, a large percentage.

A member of the Education Committee in the Baghdad Provincial Council, Dhaa al-Rawi, has questioned this figure, saying it could be higher or lower, pointing to the lack of relationship to accurate statistics in various areas, including education, but confirmed, according to her observations, that the phenomenon is rampant.

Al-Halbusi complained of the lack of support of civil society organizations and international organizations. He pointed out that the Minister of Education himself complained about the difficult situation, especially the lack of funds, and expressed the hope that the situation would improve with the new government.

The prevalence of illiteracy in Iraq has been explained by several reasons, including the deteriorating living conditions of many families, forcing them to take their children out of school to support other family members, as well as the war on the Mujahedeen that forced millions of Iraqis to leave their homes.

He stressed that everything in Iraq fell after 2003, including education, due to corruption and bribery.

In 2012, Iraq was able to establish more than 3,000 literacy centers in the country, in cooperation with UNESCO, after the adoption by the Iraqi parliament of the law on literacy, according to Halbusi.

That year, the illiteracy rate reached an average of 20 percent in cities and 50 percent in rural areas, according to UNESCO.

Halabousi pointed out that the literacy program collapsed in 2014 with the invasion of the organization calling the terrorist several provinces in Iraq, as the project stopped in those provinces, and reflected negatively on the capital Baghdad.

As for the narrator, she saw several reasons for the spread of illiteracy in Iraq, in addition to those mentioned by Halbusi, pointing to the lack of educational staff (teachers), the lack of budget allocated to education, and most importantly the access of financial corruption to this area.

However, progress has been made in the area of ​​literacy, finally, despite the deteriorating situation, following the stabilization of the situation in Baghdad and other governorates of Iraq.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/ar/reports/473182

High illiteracy in Iraq in a "scary" .. This is the proportion in Baghdad! 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum