Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
 Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18

Go down

Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 Empty Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18

Post by Ssmith Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:57 am

By Nelson Bhebhe
2 September 2018

Zimbabwe: Chinese Currency to be Adopted 9/2/18 The-renminbi-china-money_600x378

ZIMBABWE is lobbying to be included among African offshore clearing centres for the Chinese currency, the renminbi (RMB), as it seeks to grow trade between the two countries and boost confidence in the local banking sector, a top diplomat has said.

The RMB was added to the IMF’s basket of currencies two years ago, meaning it is now a reserve currency that can be used as a unit of exchange in international trade and international cross-border transactional settlements.

Presently, the UK is the world’s largest clearing centre for the RMB outside Greater China, followed by Singapore.

Zimbabwe hopes to reach an agreement with Beijing on the offshore centre during the 2018 Forum on China-Africa Co-operation that officially opens tomorrow. This year’s edition of the triennial summit will be co-chaired by host President Xi Jinping and South Africa’s President Cyril Ramaphosa.

Zimbabwe’s Ambassador to China Mr Paul Chikawa told our Harare Bureau last week that Harare was also pursuing opportunities in e-payments, telecommunications, infrastructure, and power transmission and distribution. Zimbabwe is also angling for a market for its agricultural produce.

Ambassador Chikawa said: “If all goes well, we will be so keen to be one of the centres in Africa, if not the leading centre, to have an offshore Renminbi Centre. You know, Hong Kong — which is part of China — is; Singapore is; London is. That means it is a reserve currency in its own right.

“So, if we are able to fashion out an agreement in the area of banking, and we are hopeful that our own (Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe) Governor (Dr John Mangudya) — though he is not part of Focac — could find space and time to come here.

“We are pursuing certain interests, very formative stages to introduce the e-payment system as a part of dealing with the liquidity situation and also growing with the times. This is part of the vision, part of the dream, but it’s a lot bigger.”

President Emmerson Mnangagwa is in China for Focac 2018, and his delegation expects to conclude bilateral agreement in several projects at Focac.

“There was the mention of the NetOne Phase Three project, which is between our NetOne and Huawei . . . The NetOne Phase Three expansion project is going through some necessary paperwork before it is implemented. It’s going to be in two or three phases.

“Related to power generation, in March, President Mnangagwa commissioned the completion of Kariba South power extension, which added 300MW. So, you see, we are now producing additional power. So, logically and necessarily, you want to attend to your power transmission and distribution aspect of the whole power equation.

So one area that we will be hoping to quickly resolve this time around is support from our Chinese partners to make sure that the transmission and distribution aspect of the power has been dealt with. In other words, we are saying we have a partner that we are working with to quickly implement the transmission and distribution of the power; otherwise, the power generated will go to waste,” Ambassador Chikawa said.

The 7th Ministerial Conference of Focac — a platform of engagement between China and Africa on economic, social and political issues — runs from September 3 to September 4.

At the last Summit held in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2015, China pledged $60 billion in loans to Africa. Beijing has funded the expansion of Kariba South Power Station and Victoria Falls Airport, which has been completed. The $1,5 billion expansion of Hwange Thermal Power Station is underway.

— SundayNews

https://www.myzimbabwe.co.zw/news/30767-zimbabwe-to-adopt-chinese-currency-to-boost-confidence-in-banking-sector.html

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum