Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments

Go down

Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments Empty Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments

Post by Ponee Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition government would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments

Pro-Iran Iraqi coalition govt would mean minimal implementation of US sanctions, while improving KRG salary and contract payments P1730876_main
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, right, attends a press conference with Shia cleric and leader Muqtada al-Sadr in Najaf on 23 June 2018. Source: Haidar Hamdani/AFP/Getty Images

Key Points

• The anti-Iran alliance of Abadi, Sadr, Hakim, and Allawi faces fragmentation and internal revolt, including challenges to assembling the 165 seats required for a ruling majority in parliament.
  • Iran is pushing for a national unity government in Iraq including all Shia factions (including Sadrists and the Fatah coalition), which would resist US sanctions on Iran. It is unlikely to be able to bring together these parties, however, raising the likelihood of Sadr opting to stay in the opposition and join the ongoing southern protest movement.
  • Withdrawal by PMUs from Sunni-majority areas represents an indicator of Sunni rapprochement with Iran’s allies, which, pending Kurdish participation, would mean sufficient seats for a pro-Iran coalition government. Kurdish participation would allow resumption of Kurdish Regional Government (KRG) payments to civil servants, oil companies, and other government contractors.

Event

Prime Minister Haidar al-Abadi, and leaders Muqtada al-Sadr, Ammar al-Hakim, and Iyad Allawi met at the Babel Hotel on 19 August to declare that they had formed the largest bloc in Parliament, entitling them to name a candidate for prime minister, president, and speaker of parliament and thereby end the long-drawn-out government formation process since Iraq’s 12 May general election.
The four factions were unable, however, to assemble the required 165 seats. They agreed instead to form the “core” of a broader coalition, with the intention of negotiating with other factions to establish a ruling majority.
According to a Saudi media report, the alliance failed to assemble a full coalition due to its Sunni and Kurdish components withdrawing at the last minute at the behest of Qatar and Iran, respectively. IHS Markit was unable to independently verify the report’s claims. If true, Iran’s intervention is likely to have been motivated by the desire to prevent the exclusion of its allies from the government, while Qatar is likely to have wanted to preclude a government in which Sadr plays an outsized role, since this would be perceived as a victory for Saudi Arabia, which has been cultivating Sadr as a potential ally.

https://www.janes.com/article/82572/pro-iran-iraqi-coalition-government-would-mean-minimal-implementation-of-us-sanctions-while-improving-krg-salary-and-contract-payments

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum