Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics

Go down

Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics Empty Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics

Post by GirlBye Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:46 am

Seeking to Bypass U.S. Sanctions, Iran Tightens Its Grip on Iraqi Politics 1.6411890.3642522796

Supporters of Shi'ite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr carry his image as they celebrate in Tahrir Square, Baghdad, Iraq, May 14, 2018.

Meanwhile, Washington's only interest is for the next Iraqi government to follow its sanctions policies – whatever the political price

The important news on the formation of a political bloc to lead Iraq for the next four years was supposed to come out from the Babylon Hotel in Baghdad’s bustling center this week. Twice over the past decade, the hotel fell victim to car-bomb attacks, but this didn’t stop the place from becoming one of the country’s most attractive and expensive tourist destinations.

A night goes for $220, including breakfast and access to both swimming pools. The hotel is near Baghdad’s main shopping areas, and no less important, it’s near one of Iraq’s most famous ice-cream stands. 

Representatives of the parties that won the May 12 parliamentary elections preferred to meet at a hotel with an appropriate “atmosphere” instead of hiding in the protected Green Zone where most of the ministries are located in former palaces left by Saddam Hussein.

The pleasant atmosphere and good food may be an effective condition for political negotiations, but they’re not enough – as the representatives of the political blocs learned. Three months after the elections, and similar to Lebanon, the process of forming a government is taking its time threading the political minefield in this country of tribes and minorities.

After an exhausting series of discussions, it seemed this time the four main blocs would build a coalition based on about 200 of the 329 legislators, a coalition that could then agree on a cabinet and principles. But the meeting blew up, the decisions were postponed and the next session is expected to be held only in mid-September – if everything goes well.

Forming a government in Iraq is a work of careful and complex deliberation; politicians must take into account the Shi’ite majority and minorities including the Sunnis, Kurds, Turkmens and Christians. But the ethnic and religious blocs aren’t all made up of the same material and internally aren’t necessarily harmonious either. 

The Shi’ites are divided into four rival sub-blocs, each headed by a powerful politician. Each also has its own militia in the guise of security forces, whose budgets come from the government.

The disagreements between the Shi’ite parties fall along two parallel axes. Some, such as the Victory Alliance headed by former Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, oppose Iranian influence and have even declared that an Iraq they headed would implement the new U.S. sanctions against Iran.

Read more:https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/iraq/.premium-seeking-to-bypass-u-s-sanctions-iran-tightens-its-grip-on-iraq-1.6411637
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum