Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra

Go down

Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra Empty Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra

Post by GirlBye Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:54 am

Chevron wins deal to develop oil fields in Iraq's Basra 27bb972f-b850-4c60-ab5a-a3f188a4fe50

US oil giant Chevron has finalized a basic agreement to develop key oil fields in Iraq’s southern province of Basra.

The award could be the second serious investment by an American energy enterprise in the country after rival ExxonMobil won a deal in 2009 to develop West Qurna I.
Chevron’s contract – which was signed with the state-run Basra Oil Company – would involve studies to survey the reservoirs and extraction operations at Basra oil fields, according to a report by Reuters.

This followed an announcement by Iraq’s Oil Minister Jabar al-Luaibi in June that Basra Oil and another state-run company, Dhi Qar Oil, had signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) over certain projects with Chevron.
The MOU provides for Chevron to conduct surveys and studies on oil sites and installations and help the two Iraqi companies to improve their technical, administrative and financial performance, Reuters added.

Earlier, reports said the US giant had signed a confidentiality agreement with Basra Oil Company that could see it study – and boost production from – the state-run Luhais, Tuba, and Subba fields.
No further details were provided but Reuters quoted Iraqi officials as saying that the broader deal appeared to be similar in structure to the Oil Ministry's engagement with BP to study and generate development plans for Kirkuk-area fields.

Basra is an important hub for oil exports and accounts for over 95 percent of Iraq’s government revenues.
However, the province has been the scene of protests lately over corruption, poor infrastructure and insufficient welfare.
State officials blame a public funding crisis caused by years of low oil prices.

Since the unrest in Iraq’s south erupted, demonstrators have vented their anger at several major oil fields in Basra but this, as Iraqi officials say, has created no major disruption in the province’s oil production as well as exports.  

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2018/08/19/571616/Chevron-wins-deal-to-develop-Basra-fields
GirlBye
GirlBye
VIP NewsHound
VIP NewsHound

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum