Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments

Go down

America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments Empty America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments

Post by RamblerNash Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:09 pm

America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments

America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments Image

01-04-2018 11:34 AM

Baghdad News -
WASHINGTON (

Reuters) - US President Donald Trump continues to blow up environmental legislation inherited from the Barack Obama era, but supporters of the Paris Accord, the only country he pulled out of, still believe America will keep its promises to cut greenhouse gas emissions. The latest setback in this regard is the passing of tough legislation passed in 2012 under Obama's fuel consumption and pollution from vehicles sold in the United States. According to The New York Times, the Environmental Protection Agency (APA), managed by Scott Bruett, known for its support for the use of fossil energy sources, is expected to reconsider these standards.

This decision is added to the broad campaign launched by the agency in the fall to overturn the tight legislation on power plants known as the "Clean Power Plan." The plan, the cornerstone of Obama's climate policy, which he challenged in court, was supposed to begin in 2022, which would have shut down coal-fired and highly polluting stations to shut down. The Trump administration is seeking to completely eliminate this legislation.

All these instruments were at the core of President Barack Obama's commitment in 2015 to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the United States. The specific target then was very simple, compared to the European Union. But if this legislation is repealed, the situation will become dangerous.

But the United States is a decentralized and politically divided country. States such as California and New York are in the hands of Democrats who are appalled by President Trump's approach to climate issues. Many, most recently UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterich, did not hide their hope that the United States would be able to meet its climate obligations despite the positions of its president.

Twenty states and about 100 cities and 1,000 companies have adopted targets with numbers, according to the "Americax Village" project launched by former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and California Gov. Jerry Brown.

California alone exports a greenhouse gas equivalent to that of France, and has set ambitious reduction targets such as the European Union by 2030 (a 40 percent reduction compared to 1990).

But the question remains whether these bodies, however honest they are, can replace the federal states in full. It does not seem impossible for the economist at the Research for the Future Institute, Mark Hafstead, who ruled out that the United States could achieve these goals without a federal push. According to the Américas Bélage, states and cities that support the Paris Agreement only produce 35 percent of total emissions. Not including Texas, the largest contaminant in the country. The non-federal authorities will only allow half of the original target, according to the New Climate Institute. The Américas Bélage is expected to publish clearer figures in September on the occasion of the World Climate Action Summit in San Francisco.

"We are moving in the right direction, but I can not predict the end of things in 2025," said economist Michel Mannion, an economist at the World Resources Institute. "Technological innovation could change the equation entirely. For nearly 10 years, no one imagined that natural gas prices would go down that much, according to the economic expert, or that the cost of solar panels would fall by 70 percent in seven years.

More important to Magnyon is that states continue to encourage the transition to a low-emission economy, either by setting up electric power stations or by adopting new building standards.

http://www.baghdadnews.info/index.php?page=article&id=35122

America: Supporters of the Paris Accord are struggling to meet climate commitments 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum