Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation

Go down

Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation Empty Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation

Post by RamblerNash Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation

Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation Image

22-11-2017 10:53 PM

The Euphrates -

Iraq has appointed Toyo for Japanese engineering to help build a gas pipeline to Kuwait and a related petrochemical plant as Baghdad seeks to reduce gas burn and pay compensation due to the invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

The project, which has not yet been announced, will allow Kuwait to diversify its gas importation in the wake of a political crisis between Gulf states and Qatar, the main supplier of gas.

It would also be a blow to Royal Dutch Shell, which sought to dominate Iraq's gas, before its relations with Baghdad were damaged following its withdrawal from major oil projects.

"Iraq needs an immediate reduction in gas burn as it pursues the goals it has committed to the World Bank," said a senior source in the oil and gas sector working on the project, but not authorized to speak about it publicly.

The World Bank, which repeatedly stipulated a reduction in the gas burn to lend to Baghdad, did not respond to a request for immediate comment.

Sources in the sector said Toyo proposed to build a gas pipeline and start deliveries after 2019.

"Talks on the pipeline and the petrochemical plant are continuing, but the final investment decision has not yet been made," Kinsuke Waki, chief financial officer of Toyota, told Reuters.

Kuwait is keen on the project and offered sovereign guarantees for up to 80 percent of the cost, sources said. The total cost has not yet been announced.

Kuwait's oil ministry did not respond to a request for an immediate suspension. Kuwaiti Oil Minister Essam al-Marzouq said last month talks between Kuwait and Iraq focused on a gas proposal to help Baghdad pay the remaining $ 4.6 billion in war reparations.

Iraqi Oil Ministry spokesman Assem Jihad said the talks focused on the price and stressed supplies could be used to help pay the compensation.

* Disputes over price and factory

Sources in the sector told Reuters that the talks stalled because of disagreement over the price.

Kuwait wants a price below $ 3 per million British thermal units, a price that is compatible with Henry Happ prices in the United States, but less than half of what Iraq pays in the north when it imports gas from neighboring Iran, the sources said.

"The price of gas has been a major sticking point so far," one source said.

He added that both countries wanted to set up a petrochemical plant at home to maximize the use of gas deliveries.

A senior Kuwaiti oil official familiar with the project said discussions with Iraq were still going on, adding that it was not yet clear whether the gas would come from the West Qurna 2 field run by Lukoil of Russia or from Rumaila, run by BP.

Iraq used to supply gas from Rumaila. The quantities amounted to about 400 million cubic feet per day, but stopped short after the invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

More than one million people in Kuwait have been paid compensation for the $ 52.4 billion Iraqi invasion. But Iraq, hit by falling oil prices in 2014 and its war against the Islamic state organization, has asked for a postponement of the payment of the last tranche and the largest of the compensation, due this year.

Shell's Challenge

Kuwait, though one of OPEC's oil producers, is struggling to meet growing domestic demand for gas. And suffers from a shortage of 500 million cubic meters per day, mainly covered by the import of liquefied natural gas from countries including Qatar.

Ten years ago, Kuwait tried to build a pipeline from Qatar, but Saudi Arabia blocked the plan. As relations between Riyadh and Doha deteriorate this year, Kuwait is looking to diversify its sources of gas imports.

Last year, Kuwait said it would be willing to buy up to 200 million cubic feet per day of gas from Baghdad.

Iraq ranks 12th in the world in terms of its 3.7 trillion cubic meters of gas reserves, but this figure is 10 times that of Iran, which has the world's largest reserves.

Iraq extracts large quantities of gas associated with the extracted oil, and yet, this gas is being burned now.

Iraq's long-term gas development plans have focused on Basra Gas Company, a 25-year $ 17 billion project in which Iraq has a 51 percent stake, Shell holds 44 percent and Japan's Mitsubishi Corp. has a 5 percent stake.

The project aims to collect gas from fields in southern Iraq, including West Qurna 1 operated by Exxon Mobil, Zubair, run by Eni, and Rumaila, run by BP.

"Shell's main objective has always been to develop a liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal and eventually a petrochemical complex in Iraq," said a Shell source working on the gas project.

With Iraq refusing to agree to a gas price with Shell, the project has been strained, sources said. The talks were also complicated by Shell's withdrawal from the Majnoon oil field earlier this year.

"Iraq is angry with Shell and the prospects are not promising for Basra Gas Company," an Iraqi source in the sector said.

Asked about the negotiations, Shell and the Iraqi Oil Ministry said the discussions were continuing and both sides remained committed to the project.

http://www.alforat.info/index.php?page=article&id=52732

Iraq is looking for a gas pipeline to Kuwait to contribute to the payment of compensation 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum