Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Important Update from Dinar Recaps! 11/14/17

2 posters

Go down

Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 Empty Important Update from Dinar Recaps! 11/14/17

Post by Ssmith Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:52 am

Viewership must be down....  WAY DOWN!  LOL

Change Screws in Doors to Prevent Break-Ins
By Jack Phillips

Around four burglaries occur every minute on average.

A viral Facebook post written by a Texas real estate agent says the little screws in your front door can easily be broken.

Mariana Harrison said the screws are “half an inch long” and are broken down by one kick from a burglar.

Her father replaced the screws with 4-inch ones, making it much, much more difficult to break down.   She posted the size difference between the two screws.
​...

Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 Security-tip-1_orig

“You can see in the picture the screw in his hand is the screw supplied with the door hardware. Making a burglar make a bunch of noise and be foiled in their initial plan can not only give you time to arm yourself but they will most likely move on to an easier target,” Harrison wrote. “My dad gave me this advice a long time ago when I moved into my first apartment,” she said.

Here are several tips from former criminal Michael Fraser, who wrote a piece for The Mirror:

Never leave keys under flowerpots, bricks or mats. They are the first places a burglar will look, especially if it appears such places have been disturbed. …

– Never write your home address on luggage labels when you leave for holidays abroad. Instead write only your destination – your hotel as you leave, and your home when you return. …

– Store important papers upstairs and out of sight. Burglars are increasingly looking for official papers, passports, driving licences and credit card statements that will allow them to steal your identity. …

– Photograph valuable items in your home and take a note of their serial numbers. Should you be burgled it helps with remembering items that have been taken and could help recover them. …

– Don’t just leave the bathroom light on, as many burglars feel confident enough to enter if they think the owner is taking a bath or shower. 

In 2010, the FBI said that at least 60 percent of all burglaries involved forcible entries, and more than 30 percent were considered “unlawful entries,” which means it didn’t require force to break in.

According to the FBI’s statistics, the United States leads the world in the occurrence of burglaries. Around four burglaries occur every minute on average.

A study by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte’s Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology also found that burglars try to find out if there’s an alarm system before attempting a break-in, according to Safewise.com.

Meanwhile, only 33 percent of burglars try to enter from the front door, and hollow doors are quite easy to kick in, according to Home Security Store, a consumer electronics company specializing in DIY home security systems.

Meanwhile, the FBI has said that only 13 percent of burglaries are solved by police and recovering property is even harder.

(H/T: IJReview)

http://www.dinarrecaps.com/our-blog/change-screws-in-doors-to-prevent-break-ins

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 Empty Re: Important Update from Dinar Recaps! 11/14/17

Post by Kevind53 Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:31 pm

Four inch screws are not needed. If you're really worried, a two inch or so screw should be long enough to screw into the stud, and still have a small enough head not to interfere with the proper operation of the door. Of course if you tighten it too much, you'll distort the jamb and then all bets are off. Even if you do that, the average door and lock combo will not hold up more than a few seconds against a determined bad guy. Most exterior doors are at least solid wood, and many are steel with a thermal break and an insulated core. I can't remember when I saw a hollow core as the outer door of anything but a really crappy apartment.

So suppose you armor your door, spending big bucks on a high security door and jamb system properly installed by a professional, great! Now did you do the other doors? How about the windows? Patio doors are extremely vulnerable, do you have one of them? Garage door openers? If you really want to be paranoid, a crook with a scanner and computer could steal your codes when you open the door. Ooops ... l

If you're really worried about burglars, a good quality, fully supervised alarm system is a better deterrent, will save you money on insurance, and maybe, just maybe save your life.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 2805820865  Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 2805820865  Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 2805820865  Important Update from Dinar Recaps!   11/14/17 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum