Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL

HomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
YOU MUST Sign in with your USERNAME to POST
Follow us on TWITTER
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 

Mountain Goat 10/2/17

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mountain Goatee
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Mountain Goat 10/2/17   Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:33 am

October 2, 2017 Mnt Goat News Brief

Hi Everyone,
I bring you much news today.

Once again this year we hopped on the train for our trip to Munich to visit the Oktoberfest 2017. This has become one of our annual events. As a family, we have participated in the Oktoberfest for over 15 years already. This past weekend was the best time to attend since the crowds are low and it is easier to get around the city. So this year we stayed at our normal hotel close to the grounds.

But this year will be stranger than most. We will miss our eldest Tochter who is now off to the university. She is smart and witty like her Mutter and tall and beautiful like her Vater. She had successfully arrived at her school and settled into her classes. We chose the university in USA over Deutschland because of the highest quality in education and study.

Our daughter is brilliant and we know she will succeed in anything she desires. It is sad not having her around the gasthaus and on family trips these days. I have learned that sometimes you have to let go of those you love, if is legitimate love, since loving is helping those move on and not being selfish. Yes it is hard.

So today I am going to give you my “opinion” on what is really going on with this Kurdistan referendum, how it relates to Article 140 and how political parties on both sides are using it to exploit the people of Iraq. I will also tell you my opinion of what I feel will be the final result of all this. I might be wrong (I don’t think so) but at least now you have another side of the story. I will reserve my “opinion” to the articles in the articles section and to the end of the newsletter. Please read everything below. I truly, truly want everyone to understand this current issue with Kurdistan and how it will get resolved.

More news….
The local Iraqi media close to the Vice President Nuri al-Maliki, known for his hardline positions against the Kurds have reported that Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jan Kubis cut off communication with leaders in the Kurdistan region and closed his mobile phone in front of their contacts. This simply is not true.

The UN mission in Iraq said in a statement today that “media reports that refer to the position of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jan Kubis, the Kurdistan Region in Iraq, is completely untrue and malicious attempt to address the general concepts

(So it appears Vice president Nori al-Maliki is going to make every attempt to exploit the Kurdish referendum to use it to his advantage to get back into a more powerful position in the GOI. We have already witnessed false news media reports exaggerating the impacts of the referendum. He loves chaos and thrives on it to create disorder. This is the only way these wicked people can gain power – through others suffering. We know from history this guy is ruthless and will do anything for power. We also heard last week he instigated movement to replace president Masum (a Kurdish position) with himself as president of Iraq.)

More news….
[Ayna-Baghdad]
The Central Bank of Iraq denied media reports on the suspension of the bank financial transactions with banks in the Kurdistan region after the referendum on secession.

An official source said that the measure would harm the national economy, "especially since more than 30 percent of the total hard currency in the country is in the banks of the Kurdistan region."

(So this looks like it might be yet another malicious attempt by Vice President Nuri al-Maliki to exploit the Kurdish referendum. Again I keep telling everyone to just wait and watch it all play out.)

More news….
Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi on Saturday raised the issue of handing over the central government in Baghdad to the revenues of oil fields in Kurdistan, saying that the funds will be used to pay the salaries of civil servants of the Kurds.

"The federal government is ready to control the oil revenues to pay the salaries of (Kurdistan Region) employees in full," Abadi said on Twitter.

It is not clear whether the Baghdad government has the power to control oil revenues in the Kurdistan region, which has retained for years revenue and pay salaries.

Abadi said on Thursday that Turkey had informed Iraq that it would deal only with its government with regard to crude oil exports. Kurdish crude oil is exported to the world markets through a pipeline to the Turkish coast on the Mediterranean Sea. (so we see once again what this referendum is really all about. Like is said it is all about settling who gets the money and control over the oil rich Kirkuk region. A region guaranteed to Kurdistan under Article 140 of the new Iraqi constitution. Who does it really belong to?)

More news….
UPDATE ON THE FIGHT AGAINST ISIS IN HAWIJA:

I am being told that the territory of Hawija is 50% cleared of ISIS and Friday morning Iraqi security forces launched the second stage of operations to liberate Hawija and surrounding areas. “Our forces will be victorious”.

Prime Minister and commander-in-chief of the armed forces Dr. Haidar Alabadi announces the launch of the second phase of the Hajah liberation operations and all surrounding areas to Western Kirkukare advancing quickly into the remaining area.

If they continue this progress even since last Sunday, it is my “opinion” it may not take more than a week or two longer to clean it all up. Again this is just my observation. Let’s see how it all plays out. We must wait for this removal of ISIS prior to any progress or advancement in the “project to delete the zeros”. This will be our earliest chance of any RV. We all should know by now this project is what is going to get us the RV. So hang in there…its coming….

More news….
“The Iraqi authorities and IMF staff started discussions on the third review of the SBA and made good progress towards reaching agreement on a draft 2018 budget in line with the SBA. These discussions will continue during the upcoming IMF and World Bank Annual Meetings from October 13–15, 2017 in Washington, DC.”

“During the visit, the team met with the Acting Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI), Dr. Ali Mohsen Ismail Al-Allaq, Acting Deputy Minister of Finance, Dr. Maher Johan, , and officials from the Prime Minister’s office, ministries of finance, oil, planning, and electricity, the State Oil Marketing Organization, the Central Statistical Organization, the Central Bank of Iraq, and the Board of Supreme Audit. The team would like to thank the Iraqi authorities for their cooperation and the open and productive discussions.”

(What goodies are in this article? We are seeing that as far as the IMF is concerned Al-Allaq is still an “acting” or proxy governor of the CBI. So Iraq has not yet have a permanent governor in that position. We also know there is only one review remaining from the IMF on the current SBA. They are telling us they will take their findings from this 3rd review back to Washington DC and continue discussions on the progress of the country. I am being told these discussions will include dialogue on currency reform. So this is all excellent news. Are they getting ready to “pull the trigger” or at least seriously going to reconsider a target date once again?

More news….
The Kurdish blocs in the Iraqi Council of Representatives, left Baghdad and returned to the Kurdistan region, after the recent crisis between Arbil and Baghdad on the issue of the referendum on the independence of Kurdistan, which was held on the 25th of last month.

(Did everyone know that the Kurd have sat out of parliament now for months. Could this be why they can’t get any needed legislation passed? But they complain the legislation can’t get done. Are they too at fault? Anyhow they just announced they are back and this a very good sign)

Articles are below. Due to FACEBOOK limitations my comments are in brackets ( ) throughout the articles. I also separated the articles with asterisks.

Articles Begin

UNITED NATIONS POLICY TO RESPOND TO THE “MALICIOUS ATTEMPT”: OUR REPRESENTATIVE IN IRAQ WILL REMAIN IN CONTACT WITH THE KURDISTAN REGION
Twilight News
Sept 29, 2017

The United Nations on Thursday lied that the representative of its secretary-general in Iraq, Jan Kubiş, had cut off contact with political leaders in the Kurdistan Region against the background of the recent referendum on independence from Iraq.

The local Iraqi media close to the Vice President Nuri al-Maliki, known for his hardline positions against the Kurds have reported that Kubish cut off communication with leaders in the Kurdistan region and closed his mobile phone in front of their contacts.

The UN mission in Iraq said in a statement today that “media reports that refer to the position of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations in Iraq, Jan Kubis, the Kurdistan Region in Iraq, is completely untrue and malicious attempt to address the general concepts.”
The statement added that the Special Representative of the Secretary-General, will remain in contact with the authorities and political leaders and people in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.

BARZANI ‘READY’ TO FREEZE INDEPENDENCE FOR 2 YEARS

(I told everyone that the jester of this referendum vote was a political move on the part of Barzani to get Article 140 put into a law, passed in parliament and implemented. So now we see the aftermath of the actions by Barzani and we hear he is willing to negotiate holding off separation from Iraq. We wait for further news. No conjecture. No opinions just the FACTS. I will reserve my opinion for later.)

London- Informed sources confirmed that President of Iraq’s Kurdistan Region Masoud Barzani informed Iraqi Vice President Ayad Allawi on Thursday that HE WAS “READY” TO COOPERATE WITH THE LATTER’S INITIATIVE TO CONTAIN THE GROWING CRISIS BETWEEN BAGHDAD AND ERBIL THAT ERUPTED DUE TO THE KURDISTAN REFERENDUM ON INDEPENDENCE HELD EARLIER IN THE WEEK.

Sources told Asharq Al-Awsat that Barzani sent a written response in which he expressed his readiness to “wait for two years during which a constructive national dialogue will kick off to deal with all files and issues that make us partners in building the future of our peoples without imposing a fait accomplish on any area.”

BARZANI WAS ALLUDING TO THE DISPUTED AREAS BETWEEN BAGHDAD AND ERBIL, INCLUDING THE OIL-RICH KIRKUK PROVINCE, WHICH ALLAWI SAID IN HIS INITIATIVE, SHOULD BE SUBJECT TO THE PROVISION OF ARTICLE 140 OF THE CONSTITUTION and that violations of such matter shall be dealt with in a manner that deepens national participation and responds to the interests of all segments of the country.

“Your call for dialogue to solve the disputed issues and reject the threatening and inflexible conduct are matters we called for since the start of the crisis and since we proposed to hold a referendum that should decide our fate,” Barzani also mentioned in his response to Allawi.

He added: “We are open to your initiative and are ready to cooperate with you.”

Last Monday, Allawi called on Barzani to freeze results of the referendum during a constructive transitional phase in which a responsible and constructive national dialogue will be held to deal with all aspects of the dispute in a way that preserves the common heritage and to achieve a unified federal democratic Iraq.

Allawi also called on the government and a number of parties to the political process to abandon the language of escalation and revenge.

(Escalation and Revenge? Meaning these are the actions taken by Baghdad recently in response to the referendum vote)

FRANCE’S MACRON INVITES BARZANI, ABADI TO PARIS OVER GROWING RIFT

ERBIL — French President Emmanuel Macron has reportedly invited Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani and Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi to Paris in hopes of easing tensions between the two sides arose after Monday’s independence referendum in Kurdistan Region.

Well-known French public intellectual Bernard-Henri Lévy revealed on Friday that Macron is ready to meditate between Erbil and Baghdad, the two top officials are expected to soon meet with the French president in Paris.

A source in Macron’s office said earlier the day that Abadi has already accepted the invitation and he will travel to Paris on 5th October.

In a statement after a telephone call with Abadi, Macron’s office said he had invited Abadi to Paris, but warned that the two sides should remain united in their priority to defeat Islamic State and stabilize Iraq, as reported by Reuters.

“All escalation should be avoided,” Macron said in the statement.

FITCH: THE IMPACT IS LIMITED ON IRAQ'S ECONOMY AND ITS CLASSIFICATION IF THE CONFLICT BETWEEN BAGHDAD AND ERBIL

(Reuters)
The direct economic impact on Iraq if the status quo between the Baghdad government and the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) remains limited in the near term, Fitch Ratings said.

If a conflict between Baghdad and the regional government could be avoided, any impact on Iraq's credit rating would be limited in the near term, the agency said. (The statement above is saying “if a conflict could be avoided” meaning if the conflict persists there will be economic consequences. How could there not be. Use your common sense)

She said the referendum in the Kurdistan region of Iraq shows continued political risks of Iraq, noting that the referendum highlights the deep political divisions in Iraq, although it is difficult to predict the implications in the short term. (This is political instability – they are not going to RV as long as this conflict persists. We will probably see these negotiations parallel the completion timeframe of fighting ISIS in these disputed areas. Then the GOI will have no excuse to delay the referendum to put a law before parliament to settle the Article 140 dispute, once and for all. Oh yes- they will settle it once and for all this time around.)

The referendum RAISED THE RISK OF A VIOLENT CONFRONTATION BETWEEN THE GOVERNMENTS OF BAGHDAD AND THE KURDISTAN REGION or the OUTBREAK OF ETHNIC CLASHES, and it is impossible to predict the impact of the Kurdistan referendum on Iraqi policies in the short term. (People inside the govt are telling us it is impossible to predict, oh but these so called intel gurus they know. They can predict…..really? So much BS and down play coming from these gurus about this referendum. They better wake up and smell the coffee)

"It is also possible that the status quo between the governments of Baghdad and the Kurdistan region will remain the same.

BAGHDAD ECONOMY CONTINUES TO ESCALATE: WE WANT OIL REVENUES OF KURDISTAN

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi on Saturday raised the issue of handing over the central government in Baghdad to the revenues of oil fields in Kurdistan, saying that the funds will be used to pay the salaries of civil servants of the Kurds.

"The federal government is ready to control the oil revenues to pay the salaries of (Kurdistan Region) employees in full," Abadi said on Twitter.

It is not clear whether the Baghdad government has the power to control oil revenues in the Kurdistan region, which has retained for years revenue and pay salaries.

Abadi said on Thursday that Turkey had informed Iraq that it would deal only with its government with regard to crude oil exports. Kurdish crude oil is exported to the world markets through a pipeline to the Turkish coast on the Mediterranean Sea.

RAFIDAIN ANNOUNCES THE PAYMENT OF SALARIES OF EMPLOYEES OF TWO UNIVERSITIES AND SEVERAL DEPARTMENTS ELECTRONIC PAYMENT

Al-Rafidain Bank announced on Friday the salaries of employees of two universities and several other departments through an electronic payment tool.

The bank’s information office said in a statement that “the bank distributed the salaries of employees of the University of Mosul and the University of Hamdania.”

He added that “the bank began to pay the salaries of the General Company for Steel Industries of the Ministry of Industry and Minerals and the disbursement of salaries of the Department of Relations of the Ministry of Culture and salaries of the Directorate of the Municipality of Afak,” explaining that “the disbursement came after the arrival of sukuks of their amounts from their circles.”

It is noteworthy that thousands of employees in Iraq are receiving their salaries through electronic payment by having smart cards issued by banks accredited in Iraq.

(Everyone needs to look at this article as if the Iraqi finance committee and the CBI are beating their breast and boasting about the progress they have made in the direction of getting 100% complete electronic payments to “all” government payouts by December 2017 – pensions, salaries, retirements, etc. To me this is yet another sign that I would not even expect anything for an RV until at least very EARLY 2018 and probably in January timeframe. Am I telling you a date – NO! but based on what they are doing and time lines for other events along with the past times when we know they did tell us they tried to RV and it was postponed, we know January was their timeframe for each of these 4 past attempts.

2011 – January
2013 – January (began seriously gearing up for RV in mid 2012)
2016 – January (remember they even issued the $50 dinar note in anticipation of the RV, then tried to recall the action)
2017 – told us “EARLY 2017” but is was postponed since ISIS liberation throughout entire Iraq was not yet completed.
2018 – based on these last four attempts what would you think they are gearing up for this EARLY 2018, next year?

They just told us they do not expect ISIS to be completed until November (I believe ISIS will be done in a week or two at most).

Then we know the last SBA review by the IMF is in December, then we know they need to get the remaining of the 2/3 of the older 3 zero notes out of circulation and we watch for how they are going to do this.

Then we know the “full” electronic banking goes into force on January 1st. So no more large sums of notes getting recycled back into the economy once taken in by the CBI (via currency auctions). So there will be NO every day / any day RV scenario now. We will know when they are ready because they will tell us. We have also not seen the level of re-education the CBI promised had to happen prior. No guessing.) The CBI still needs to switch Kurdistan salaries over to electronic banking. This will probably be a part of the Article 140 negotiations too (or slipped in there somehow).

So what does this all tell you for a possible next attempt at an RV?)

THE TRUTH ABOUT THE KURDISTAN REFERENDUM AND ITS CONNECTION TO ARTICLE 140 OF THE IRAQI CONSTITUTION

(Please read this very carefully. This is where I give my “opinion” on this subject matter. NO Hype, NO Rumors …… Just the FACTS.

It is chock full of information about a VERY complicated issue- Article 140.

After reading this you should be able to see now why Barzani implemented the referendum to succeed and know that he didn’t just pull this event out of his ass or out of frustration over HCL.

Remember in reading this information below, the constitution is referring to a different referendum and not the one Barzami just polled in Kurdistan. The Article 140 referendum, according to the constitution, is for the Baghdad government to put before Parliament to settle the disputed lands issue (in other words a law would result). This can only be done after a census of the demographics of these regions is taken. With ISIS occupying the regions it is hard to do. This is why Baghdad has not yet done it and why they did not yet put this new referendum before the people of Iraq, as of yet.
Another misconception that needs clarification: Article 140 has very little, if nothing, to do with HCL and paying Kurdistan citizens excess oil reserve revenue. Folks excess oil revenues to citizens is also no in the same category of the 17% owed to Kurdstan in regular oil revenue sharing agreement. I know some so called intel gurus are telling you otherwise. They are simply WRONG, WRONG and more WRONG! These idiots gurus have made it very difficult for everyone to understand this difference. So toady I want to make it very clear and get the FACTS straight. So here are the FACTS. Here are the articles to prove what I am saying is FACT.

The Kurds are not upset about HCL, they are trying to implement Article 140 and get a law passed in parliament to do it. Get it?

This entire issue as of lately is not really anything knew and should have been settled way before now (according to the constitution 2007 was a deadline). But who delayed it? Who was supposed to take action on it and didn’t. Why the delay? So do you just blow it off now that 2007 has passed?
No! Abadi supports the new refernedum as needed by Article 140 and he is willing and trying to get it done. This other referendum to succeed just pissed him off as Barzani is being impatient. Abadi said “we are fighting ISIS in these regions, let’s wait until this is done first”.

If you read this section you will see why the federal govt believes the recent Barzani referendum was illegal even though on the surface it seems they did have a right to hold it. So I hope this information helps everyone (I also mean all you called idiotic intel “gurus” out there!) I only hope everyone can stop all this falsified “opinion” stuff and stick to the FACTS to understand this topic and talk intelligently about it in the future.)

The Committee for implementing article 140 defines the disputed territories as those areas Arabised and whose border modified between 17 July 1968 and 9 April 2003. Those areas include parts of four governorates of pre-1968 borders.[7]

ONE OF THE MAJOR PROBLEMS IN TRYING TO IMPLEMENT ARTICLE 140 WAS A DISCREPANCY IN IN THE FIRST PLASE IN THE DEFINITION OF 'DISPUTED AREA'.

The Article 140 only refers to regions that would go through this normalization process as "Kirkuk and other disputed area". In 2003, Kurdish negotiator Mahmud Othman suggested that Kurdish majority areas below the Green line be attached to the KRG immediately, and 'mixed areas' should be questioned on a case-by-case basis.

Sunnis felt as if Kurds should gain no additional land as a result of the US invasion. Reattaching Kirkuk districts to reflect the 1975 boundaries posed many problems to Iraqis and brought along unintended consequences.

(Again more fears of sectarianism between the Sunnis and Kurds. Everybody has to be happy to get a just settlement.)

So what is the history of the delay to get this referendum done?

The Kirkuk status referendum was the Kirkuk part of a plebiscite that will decide whether the Kurdish regions within Iraqi governorates of Diyala, Kirkuk, Salah ad Din and Ninawa will become part of the Iraqi Kurdistan region. THE REFERENDUM WAS INITIALLY PLANNED FOR 15 NOVEMBER 2007, BUT WAS DELAYED FIRST TO 31 DECEMBER, AND THEN BY A FURTHER SIX MONTHS. The Kurdish Alliance emphasized that the delay was for technical and not for political reasons. As the election was not called by early December 2008, it was postponed again as part of the deal to facilitate the regional elections on 31 January 2009. In August 2017, after a decade-long delay from its original timeline, the referendum was scheduled to be held on September 25, 2017.
Article 140 of the Constitution of Iraq states that before the referendum is carried out, measures should be taken to reverse the Arabization policy employed by the Saddam Hussein administration during the Al-Anfal Campaign.

Thousands of Kurds returned to Kirkuk following the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The referendum will decide whether enough have returned for the area to be considered Kurdish. SINCE ARTICLE 140 SPECIFIED THAT THE REFERENDUM HAD TO OCCUR BY THE END OF 2007, SOME ARGUE THAT THE ARTICLE HAS EXPIRED AND THERE IS NO LONGER A NEED FOR A REFERENDUM. (simply not true!)

THE KURDS TOOK CONTROL OF THE CITY OF KIRKUK AND MUCH OF THE SURROUNDING AREA IN 2014 DURING THE WAR AGAINST ISIS. According to the Kurdish media outlet Rudaw.

PRIME MINISTER HAIDER AL-ABADI EXPRESSED SUPPORT FOR A REFERENDUM IN 2016, THOUGH ANALYSTS HAVE NOTED THAT THE REFERENDUM WILL PROBABLY NOT TAKE PLACE UNTIL IRAQ'S SECURITY SITUATION STABILIZES.

(This last paragraph is VERY important to read. Was Abadi waiting for the security of the region to stabilize. Remember they are now fighting ISIS in the very same disputed areas involved in Article 140 dispute. This fighting could possibly end in the next couple weeks if all goes well. Iraq could be “completely” liberated from ISIS at this timeframe. This could be a pivotal time for them to settle these disputed areas once and for all and pass some legislation to do it)

JULY 24, 2017 LETTER TO KURDISTAN REGION FROM THE GOI

In a July 24, 2017 letter to Kurdistan region from the GOI it stated the following. This letter followed many days of sitting with the Kurds and negotiating on this topic and many other issues.

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region (Kurdistan 24) – The Iraqi government, in a letter to the Kirkuk Provincial Council, claimed the government "cannot implement" Article 140 of the Iraqi Constitution in Kirkuk.

Recently, the Kirkuk Provincial Council asked the Iraqi government to trigger article 140 of the Constitution in Kirkuk to help "determine the future of the disputed territory between the Kurdistan Region and Iraq."

Article 140 states IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE IRAQI GOVERNMENT TO "PERFORM A CENSUS AND CONCLUDE THROUGH REFERENDA IN KIRKUK AND OTHER DISPUTED TERRITORIES THE WILL OF THEIR CITIZENS, BY A DATE NOT TO EXCEED THE 31ST OF DECEMBER 2007.”

In an official letter, the Iraqi General Secretariat at the Council of Ministers stressed its refusal to hold a referendum in Kirkuk due to "the non-fulfillment of its conditions," referring to the parameters defined in Article 140 and Article 120 regarding the need to complete a census in the county.

Rebwar Talabani, Head of the Kirkuk Provincial Council, told Kurdistan 24 the Iraqi government has "no intention" of implementing the Constitution, saying there is "no option left for [Kurds] but to use other means outside of the constitutional framework" to determine Kirkuk's future.

“We will present our recommendation to the Kurdistan Region's leadership to finally decide on the future of Kirkuk, either by participating in the referendum for independence on September 25 or through a separate referendum,” Talabani said.

So now let’s go back in time a few years prior to these meetings and this letter of July 24, 2017. See the article below:

A BLAST FROM THE PAST:

KURDISTAN'S BARZANI: ARTICLE 140 OF IRAQI CONSTITUTION COMPLETED FOR US AND WILL NOT TALK ABOUT IT ANYMORE

June 27, 2014
ERBIL-Hewlêr, Kurdistan region 'Iraq',— Iraqi Kurdistan president Massoud Barzani said “Article 140 of the constitution has been implemented and completed for us."

Speaking at a joint news conference with visiting British Foreign Secretary William Hague, held in Erbil Friday "Article 140 has been completed for us, and will not talk about it anymore." Hague arrived to Erbil Friday morning to hold talks with senior officials in the regional government of Kurdistan.

Article 140 of the Iraqi constitution is related to the normalization of the situation in Kirkuk city and other disputed areas through having back its Kurdish inhabitants and repatriating the Arabs relocated in the city during the former regime’s time to their original provinces in central and southern Iraq.

The article also calls for conducting a census to be followed by a referendum to let the inhabitants decide whether they would like Kirkuk to be annexed to the autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan region or having it as an independent province.

"We have been patient for 10 years with the federal government to solve the problems of these (disputed) areas" Barzani added.

Barzani said Friday there was no going back on autonomous Kurdish rule in oil city Kirkuk and other towns now defended against Sunni militants by Kurdish fighters.

"Now, this (issue) ... is achieved," he said, referring to a constitutional article meant to address the Kurds' decades-old ambition to incorporate the territory in their autonomous Kurdistan region in the north over the objections of successive governments in Baghdad.

Kurdish forces stepped in when federal government forces withdrew in the face of a jihadist-led offensive earlier this month.

"There were Iraqi forces in these areas, and then there was a security vacuum, and (Kurdish) Peshmerga forces went to fill this vacuum." Barzani said, AFP reported.

The swathe of territory in question stretches from Iraq's border with Iran to its frontier with Syria, and is one of several long-running rows between Baghdad and Kurdish authorities in Erbil.

THE DISPUTES HAVE BEEN CITED BY ANALYSTS AND DIPLOMATS AS AMONG THE BIGGEST LONG-TERM THREATS TO IRAQ'S STABILITY.

The former regime of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein had forced over 250,000 Kurdish residents to give up their homes to Arabs in the 1970s, to "Arabize" the city and the region's oil industry.

The last ethnic-breakdown census in Iraq was conducted in 1957, well before Saddam began his program to move Arabs to Kirkuk. That count showed 178,000 Kurds,www.Ekurd.net 48,000 Turkomen, 43,000 Arabs and 10,000 Assyrian-Chaldean Christians living in the city.

Kurds have a strong cultural and emotional attachment to Kirkuk, which they call "the Kurdish Jerusalem." Kurds see it as the rightful and perfect capital of an autonomous Kurdistan state.

IRAQI PARLIAMENT ANNOUNCES THE PREPARATION OF A NEW DRAFT LAW INCLUDES THE SUPERVISION OF GOVERNMENT FORCES TO HOLD LOCAL ELECTIONS IN THE PROVINCE

(Well, well, well. Low and behold! What pops out in the news on Sunday? Honestly I did not stage this article or news. I included the above articles and I thought I would done for this next newsletter and the this article is published. See below. Are you amazed? I am. I is exactly what I was talking about had to happen and would happen next. WOW!

This is the start of figuring out legislation for these disputed areas. Like I said, and so does the article below, that this will not be finalized until the areas are liberated from ISIS and they can put together more of the much needed laws to implement Article 140. Then it will be done and Barzani and Kurdistan will get what they wanted and have been asking for over 10 years. Again I have been telling everyone – No Article 140, no RV.)

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A draft law on the holding of local elections in the northern Iraqi province of Kirkuk has been prepared by a member of the Iraqi parliament's legal committee, Arshad Salhi.

Salhi said in a statement that the Legal Committee in the House of Representatives prepared a draft new law on the conduct of local elections in the province of Kirkuk and will be presented in the coming days of the Presidency to be presented to Parliament.

Salhi added that the new draft includes the supervision of the forces and the federal government to conduct the elections with international monitoring, as well as limiting the self-determination of the province to the central government and scrutinizing the voters' records accurately by a specialized committee.

He said that Article 37 of the amendment of the law of local elections for Kirkuk has become useless after the behavior of the provincial council to the fate of the province and not to believe the removal of the governor of parliament Necmettin Karim.

Article 37 of the provincial elections law stipulates that all data and records relating to the population status of the governorate, including the voters' register, shall be reviewed and audited, and a mechanism for sharing senior positions in the governorate, with the exception of federal posts, to ensure representation of all components of the governorate. What it is currently pending the decision of the House of Representatives to put the province in the future.

ARTICLE 140 OF THE IRAQI CONSTITUTION PROVIDES FOR THE NORMALIZATION OF THE SITUATION IN THE PROVINCE OF KIRKUK AND OTHER DISPUTED AREAS IN NINEVEH, SALAH AL-DIN (NORTH) AND DIYALA (EAST) AND THEN COUNTING THE NUMBER OF RESIDENTS WHO WILL DECIDE IN THE LAST STEP TO DETERMINE THE FATE OF THEIR AREAS TO KEEP THEM AFFILIATED WITH BAGHDAD OR JOIN THE KURDISTAN REGION OF IRAQ.

The Peshmerga controls Kirkuk, with the exception of the southwestern enclave of the province, which is still in the hands of a terrorist organization since the Iraqi army fled the province following the invasion of northern and western Iraq in the summer of 2014.

(I hope everyone is seeing the TRUTH now?)

Articles End

Okay so there you have it, the honest to God TRUTH and FACTS about Article 140 and the history of why it has not yet been implemented.

STRATEGY FOR GOING FORWARD WITH ARTICLE 140:
(This is purely my opinion based on the FACTS above, can you see it too?)

So it is a series of circumstances out of any ones control as to why the delay in the Article 140 implementation. Mnt Goat believes that there will be serious negotiations in the short term between the KRG and the GOI on this topic of Article 140, however, the new referendum to pass legislation in parliament for Article 140, will not happen until:

1. the disputed areas are liberated from ISIS,
    2) a new census of the liberated areas can be appropriately taken
    3) The GOI will negotiate a series of resolutions for some other banking reform issues with Kurdistan while they are at it, i.e. electronic banking for all Kurdistan salaries, issues related to the project to delete the zeros, getting the 3 zeros notes out of circulation. The majority of these notes now reside still in the Kurdistan controlled regions.

They can not delay this any longer and will resolve it once and for all now. So in reality even though Barzani’s referendum does seem bazaar and the timing was not so great, it will serve a purpose to light a fire under the GOI to get this done.

LAST NOTE: I sincerely hope this analysis today helps everyone. I do not request any donations or fees for my service of bringing the TRUTH to the dinar community. The only ONE (1) thing that I kindly ask everyone reading my newsletters to do is to: verbally on the intel conference calls and in the forums, to keep challenging all this BS. Don’t let up for a second. When you know the truth – SPEAK OUT AND BE HEARD! Get on the conference calls and speak up and speak out! What have you got to lose. So the guru disconnects you? So what? This will only show the rest of the audience listening just how closed minded, foolish and idiotic they really are and how they can’t handle the TRUTH only to their dismay. By this alone you set the example and these idiots apart as charlatans and liars. Please let’s all do our part to stop all this nonsense and bullshit intel.

Their words not mine…..No Rumors, No Hype, Just the FACTS!

Auf Wiedersehen
Much love to ya all,
Mnt Goat
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mountain Goat 10/2/17
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: DINAR/IRAQ -- NEWS -- GURUS and DISCUSSIONS :: GURU FICTION & PREDICTION DAILY-
Jump to: