Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum

Go down

UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum Empty UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum

Post by RamblerNash Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:51 am

UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum

UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum Image

16-09-2017 11:02 PM

The Euphrates -

The United Nations offered the President of Iraqi Kurdistan Massoud Barzani to withdraw from the referendum on the independence of the territory, in return for helping to reach a comprehensive agreement on the future relations between Baghdad and Erbil. According to the document presented by the UN envoy to Iraq, Jan Kubic Barzani, the proposal calls for the Iraqi government and the territorial government to start "organized, vigorous and intensive negotiations ... without preconditions and an open agenda on ways to solve all problems. And arrangements that will determine the future relations and cooperation between Baghdad and Erbil '.

"If there is an offer, if the (Kurds) agree to this alternative, negotiations will be held," Kubic said. "He expects a response from Barzani in 'two or three days.' The two sides should conclude their negotiations within two to three years and can request the United Nations, on behalf of the international community, to offer its good offices both in the negotiation process and in the formulation of results and conclusions. On the other hand, 'the Government of Kurdistan decides not to hold a referendum on 25 September as scheduled. The document states that "the Security Council shall continue to follow up the implementation of this Agreement through regular reports of the Secretary-General of the United Nations". On Friday, the Iraqi Kurdistan parliament approved, as expected, the referendum on the independence of the Northern Territory as scheduled.

While the President of Kurdistan reiterated, on Saturday, during a public rally in Dohuk, that 'no cancellation or postponement' of the referendum. "We have not yet received any real alternative to the referendum," he said. Barzani, however, has not closed the door to negotiations since the controversy over the holding of the referendum began. "If there is a better alternative, welcome," he said in another speech earlier in Mosul.

The pressure is heavy and

subject to the pressure of Kurdistan to move away from this popular referendum, which will not lead in principle to the Declaration of Independence, but is a way to pressure the central authority to obtain concessions in oil and financial disputes. Britain said in a statement on Saturday that it did not support the referendum, which "threatens stability in the region, while the focus should be on a daunting defeat."

The White House also considered the referendum would be 'provocative' and 'destabilizing'. Washington reiterated its belief that the referendum would be an obstacle to the fight against the organization of the Islamic state and the stability of the areas that returned to the sovereignty of the Iraqi authorities. Other countries, such as Turkey and Iran, have expressed concern over the idea that Erbil would provoke separatist tendencies on the part of the Kurdish minority. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that the referendum is 'very bad', pointing out that the Turkish Security Council will meet on September 22 to adopt an official position.

http://www.alforat.info/index.php?page=article&id=50269

UN proposes Barzani alternative to referendum 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum