Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped

Go down

About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped Empty About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped

Post by RamblerNash Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:42 am

About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped

About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped A24492ee911917b2b4b9281e77ee25d4_L

As far as you can see the eye has become a wreck

Rawezh Muhamad  26/07/2017 - 11:31 Iraq

Although the battle over western Mosul has been declared over the past week, evidence of a humanitarian catastrophe is now beginning to clear the picture by a crisis that may go beyond previous expectations, according to Hala Jaber of the International Organization for Migration in Iraq.

Through one of the floating bridges over the Tigris River, which divides Mosul into eastern and western cutters, full differences emerge rapidly with changes in the area without warning.

According to anecdotes about these two cities, all indications show that eastern Mosul is returning to life at a rapid pace, with life returning to normal and restoration of much of the services, while western Mosul is expected to take longer to recover.

Even stray dogs and dogs left the area

Among the hustle and bustle of life in the eastern sector, a team from the International Organization for Migration (IOM) crossed the bridge, where the strange and frightening calm, which is in complete contrast to the general atmosphere that permeates the other side of the Tigris River, where life is rapidly returning there.

"Here, life seems to have stopped," the agency said in a report, a copy of which was sent to Basnoyos.

They have become rows of houses and neighborhoods as far as the eye can see debris. Burning car structures, which have turned into small pieces and are still standing in front of the shells, are witness to the fierce fighting that took place in this part of the city.

Roads that were crowded with vehicles were empty, abandoned and often distorted by large pits. The sidewalks where the children were playing became under piles of rubble. Even the stray cats and dogs have recently rushed and left these streets and adjoining areas.

The cost of the battle to restore Mosul was very high, with entire neighborhoods in the city dating back to 401 BC destroyed, and the old town became almost a ghost town.

statistics

According to the UN report, out of 54 residential areas in western Mosul, 15 were "crushed" completely, with nearly 32,000 homes destroyed in those areas. Twenty-three other provinces suffered moderate damage, with nearly half of their buildings destroyed, some 16 others "lightly" damaged and 16,000 others destroyed.

In the old town alone, more than 5,500 buildings were damaged. Some 490 houses were also destroyed in the last weeks of the attack.

All five bridges adjacent to the Tigris were intertwined; many schools and utility networks were completely destroyed. Violent shells have caused huge ditches and hit highways. Mosul airport, as well as the city's historic railways and at least one university, were destroyed.

Officials estimate that nearly 80 percent of Mosul's medical city has been left as a burnt-out shell. The medical city was the largest health facility in Nineveh province in Iraq, with many hospitals, a nearby medical school, laboratories and other medical facilities. Explosive devices continue to disperse their floors, and many car bombs are still parked inside, where they were uncovered by a fellow of the International Organization for Migration.

The largest humanitarian operation in the world

"The operation in Mosul could be the largest humanitarian operation in the world in 2017," the United Nations Humanitarian Response Plan for Iraq issued in February warned, requesting an amount of $ 985 million this year, including estimated costs to support civilians Affected by the fighting in Mosul.

By early July, $ 440 million had been received, less than half the amount requested.

According to the report, IOM continues to provide humanitarian assistance to tens of thousands of internally displaced persons in the emergency settings that have intensified in the province and Haj Ali, as well as families still in host communities outside the camps.

However, with only 33 per cent of the IOM appeal of $ 28.83 million for the Mosul crisis and 34 per cent of $ 47.46 million for 2017 to meet the needs of other regions of Iraq - the funding gap may affect Significantly on future humanitarian operations.

Tens of thousands of families remained without homes. Since the beginning of Operation Mosul in October 2016, the cumulative number of internally displaced persons whose locations of displacement or return sites have been identified by the IOM Emergency Tracking Matrix for Mosul Operations (IDP) has reached 178,695 families, ie 1,072,170 Individual.

Of these, more than 846,252 (141,042) are displaced. Some 225,918 displaced persons returned, with an estimated 80 per cent of IDPs returning to areas of origin in eastern Mosul.

Of all IDPs currently displaced by Mosul, more than 360,100 (or 42%) live in camps and emergency locations throughout Mosul. The IOM emergency sites host about 22 per cent of these individuals.

"The devastation in western Mosul is enormous, and the challenge of reconstruction is not easy to ensure that hundreds of thousands of displaced Iraqis return to their communities and livelihoods," said Thomas Luther Weiss, head of the International Organization for Migration's mission in Iraq. The ground for humanitarian assistance, shelter and livelihood support, and is committed to continuing assistance through funding from its donor partners. "

The DPM is collaborating closely with local authorities to expand the tracking system in western Mosul. The management of the displacement tracking matrix will focus in particular on the establishment of a return tracking system where the levels of displacement affecting western Mosul are greater than those on the eastern bank of the Tigris River.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/ar/news/iraq/366264

About the Ayman Mosul: Here .. Life seems to have stopped 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum