Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Bank Story #252 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Bank Story #252

5 posters

Go down

Bank Story #252 Empty Bank Story #252

Post by Ssmith Sat May 27, 2017 8:30 am

By Sarah:

Hello beautiful family!

Today I was dropping off a deposit in the commercial lane at WF on the way home from work. I noticed as I pulled up to the window a large, purple sticker saying "buy foreign currency here!" and I had an instinct that maybe I should just ask about some rates and see if they could write them down on a post-it for me. I know a lot of other people have asked tellers at several banks to do the same and have reported back to our DC family. Well, I have a report to give you guys and it totally isn't what I expected. Here's how the interaction went:

I asked the teller if she would be able to write down the rates showing on her screen for the IQD, VND, or ZIM. She said she would look those up, and went to the back of the little room where I could see her pulling up different pages on the computer screen. Another employee caught me peeking, and went and stood next to the first woman in a way that blocked my view of the screen. Ten minutes go by.

She comes back and tells me they only sell the VND at that location. I tell her yes, I understand that, I was just hoping to see the current exchange rate and I'm not interested in purchasing any of these currencies from them. She leaves for another ten minutes.

Meanwhile, all the employees started swirling around the room in a hurry and I got a lot of weird looks.

She comes back and says, "we can't tell you what the rates are for these currencies unless you come in and show your currency to a banker."

I asked her just to clarify, "You can't even write down the rate for the VND since that's the only one you guys are selling?" She said, "No, you'll have to come in and talk to a banker."

I said "no thanks, not today, but you guys have a good one!" And that was the end of that.

So that was the interaction in words, but I want to tell you about the vibe I picked up as I was really just doing this to gauge their reaction and possibly get some info, and not because I would ever exchange there. I've read enough SITREPs by now to know better than to do business with Wells Fargo, and I can't wait to gleefully close down my checking account with them after I exchange. They are butts. Not these ladies in particular, but you know what I mean.

So at first, the vibe I got was that she was just going about her business. Nothing unusual. When she came back the second time to ask if I was interested in purchasing currency, I got a really intense secretive vibe. She was definitely fishing for info by asking a benign question that could easily be played off as innocent and unassuming. And of course when the other lady saw me, gave me a bewildered look, and blocked my view of the screen I definitely got a "hush hush, don't let her know anything is abnormal" vibe.

Then when she came back and told me I'd have to come in and physically show them my currency, my intuition did that thing it does when I'm in danger. I felt like they were trying to pull me in there to get their hands on my ZIM and probably give me a stupidly low rate. It was that vibe of taking advantage of a gullible person. Not that I would have gone in there anyway, but wow, that really put me off. I felt icky for a minute afterward.

Anyway, they weren't even able to write down a dang dong rate on a post-it for me so this story is all I've got to share! The vibes don't lie though. WF wants me, they definitely want me. Well too bad, I'm already in a committed relationship with HSBC. What can I say? I have standards.

If you have friends or family you've gifted currency, I might encourage them to not use Wells Fargo for their exchange, ever. I just got such a sickening feeling from that place even though the ladies who I was talking to seemed perfectly sweet and innocent. It's not really them that made me feel weird, it's what they were told to say and how inherently manipulative it felt. To me, they just represent whatever higher up banker is sitting there hoping to get their hands on some cheap ZIM.

Moral: if Wells Fargo asks to touch your dong, just say "no, thanks."

Love always,

Your sister Sarah

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Bank Story #252 Empty Sarah

Post by Scotchie Sat May 27, 2017 8:50 am

Sarah:  I am an old man.  This would make my day....

"""if Wells Fargo asks to touch your dong........."""

Scotchie
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Bank Story #252 Empty Re: Bank Story #252

Post by roxy22222222 Sat May 27, 2017 9:35 am

I've read enough SITREPs by now to know better than to do business with Wells Fargo, and I can't wait to gleefully close down my checking account with them after I exchange. They are butts. Not these ladies in particular, but you know what I mean.

Just by reading all those bogus SITREPs shows how bright you really are! Youssef is a conman! omg omg
roxy22222222
roxy22222222
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaJohnny Sat May 27, 2017 11:04 am

Name? Address? Location? Of course not, we're to just take you at your word. Nice story though, fairly well written. When does the movie come out?

FloridaJohnny
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethel Biscuit Sat May 27, 2017 2:01 pm

Scotchie wrote:Sarah:  I am an old man.  This would make my day....

"""if Wells Fargo asks to touch your dong........."""

Bank Story #252 3508649203

Sarah wrote:Meanwhile, all the employees started swirling around the room in a hurry and I got a lot of weird looks.

Yep, and they were all saying "Wow, poor woman! She's one of those naive fools who's been suckered into the dinar scam."

Sarah wrote:The vibes don't lie though.

Oh, but they do! Your emotions/vibes are no reliable guide to reality.

picking  "Scum" - Sue Winters
Ethel Biscuit
Ethel Biscuit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith Sat May 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Wells Fargo has made headlines for not being the most employee friendly place to work.  Employees were given huge daily sales quotas they had to meet if they wanted to keep their job.  Unfortunately some resorted to opening unnecessary accounts for their customers, forging signatures, etc.  But now WF is trying to turn that toxic culture around.

I think Sarah's story is accurate and here is my guess as to what was going on behind the scenes.

WF is holding a monthly, "Who Can Find the Craziest Dinarian", contest!  What could possibly be more fun for employees than scrutinizing customers who come in talking about the large inheritance they are getting or asking about currency exchange rates for an obscure country like Zimbabwe?   

Obviously the employees were doing everything they could to get Sarah into the bank.  I'd just bet they wanted to get her picture with handfuls of IQD, VND and/or ZIM and her story to submit as their entry.  Whatever bank can get the looniest Dinarian in their bank for the month wins!  Prizes, days off and other assorted perks....  But WF is the biggest winner with all those laughing, smiling employees who are actively working together to find that next Crazy Dinarian!

>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum