Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback

3 posters

Go down

Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback Empty Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback

Post by Ponee Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41 pm

Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback 4201712232931418134866

After the chemical attack in Khan Shaykhun on April 4, followed by the US airstrike on a Syrian air base April 7, tension between Iraq and the United States escalated significantly, Al Monitor reported on Wednesday .

The United States has made it very clear to Iraq that it wants its ally in fighting terrorism to distance itself from Iran. During Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi's visit to the United States last month, Abadi and US President Donald Trump discussed Iran, Saudi Arabia and IMIS, which indicates that the United States is seeking to bring Baghdad and Riyadh closer and to curb the Iranian role in the region. The visit sparked much controversy in Iraq among Shiite parties .

Moreover, Trump explicitly criticized the Iran nuclear deal in front of Abadi. A few days later, Trump sent his senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner to Iraq to discuss US support to Iraq in the fight against the Islamic State. The visit was read as a sign that the “Trump administration sees Iraq as a place to push back on the growing power of Iran across the region.”

The National Iraqi Alliance said it was not aware of the details and meeting schedule of Abadi with the American administration. Other Shiite political parties expressed discontent with the visit, especially following the statement of Hisham al-Hashimi, an Iraqi security and political expert, in Asharq al-Awsat newspaper. Hashimi said he received information from the Iraqi delegation to Washington that the American discussed with Abadi the danger of ‘believers in the velayat-e faqih [a jab at Iranians] and the need to keep them out of the IMIS ”

During his visit to the United States, Abadi talked about efforts to limit the IMIS role at the political level, and expressed desire for rapprochement with Saudi Arabia, especially following his meeting with Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir on the sidelines of the Ministers of the Global Coalition meeting in Washington on March 22 .

Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback Image1_420171223328362288049

Pundits believe that Trump’s meetings with Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on March 14 and with Abadi on March 20 come in the same context of the new Arab inclination toward Iraq, in line with Washington’s policy, seeking to curb Iran’s role in the region .

This is especially true since during the meeting between Trump and Prince Mohammed — who also is Saudi Arabia's defense minister — participants openly touched on the risks of the Iranian influence in the region and that there is no better place than Iraq to start curbing the Iranian role .
Therefore, the US support of Abadi will depend on his effort to reduce Iranian influence in Iraq, and to dissolve or restrict the parts of the Shiite armed factions under the PMU that are affiliated with Iran .
Perhaps Trump’s exceptional reception and welcoming of Abadi amid what was described as positive talks were a message to Shiite leaders in Iraq about Abadi’s leaning toward the United States' clear and declared policy against Iran and the forces loyal to it .
However, Abadi is likely to pay dearly for such a stance, as he would have to face Iran’s allies in Baghdad, namely the IMIS leaders .

Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback Image1_4201712233235477470096

We hope that Abadi’s visit to the US will be supportive of the IMIS, as in his supportive stances at previous international forums, IMIS spokesman Ahmed al-Asadi said at a March 22 press conference .

He added, We hope that he [Abadi] would talk through these conferences and visits, about the great role the IMIS has played, as a security institution, especially after passing the law to legalize it ”
Asadi said the IMIS has become an independent military and security institution affiliated with the armed forces and directly linked to the commander in chief of the armed forces. IMIS will play a major role with the rest of the security services to build an integrated security system.
However, Qais al-Khazali, head of the League of the Righteous, another faction under the IMIS, had a stronger message to relay. During his meeting with a group of tribal sheikhs and dignitaries March 23, he said, “The US aims to strengthen its influence in the areas west of Iraq and east of Syria and to start the partition project .”
He warned against what he considered a dangerous conspiracy against the IMIS, saying, We will not allow any attempt to dissolve or undermine the IMIS.
As the dust settles in the war on ISIS and amid the expected liberation of Mosul in the coming weeks, Abadi will have to meet US demands concerning the IMIS and Iran's allies. In this context, he can actually resort to his undeclared ally Muqtada al-Sadr to confront IMIS factions, but Abadi would then be in direct confrontation with Sadr if the US administration wants to keep its soldiers inside Iraqi territory, which the Sadrists consider a red line that cannot be crossed .
In the meantime, Abadi is ready for the battles involved in local elections at the end of this year and the general elections early next year, distancing himself from Maliki without angering Iran. Will he be able to overcome all of these challenges, even with the help of a strong ally like the United States?

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/9278/Washington-sees-Iraq-as-front-for-Iran-pushback

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback Empty Re: Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback

Post by Terbo56 Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Not as long as Maliki and Iran are still in cahoots, they are cut from the same cloth- Abadi will never accomplish anything as long as Maliki and Iran have a stronghold over Abadi and Iraq-That is why Abadi is very scared of Maliki, because he knows what he is capable of- Maliki could have Abadi 'waxed' anytime he wanted to, and therefore, Abadi doesn't want to rock the boat-When and if Maliki is removed from Iraq, then maybe Abadi will grow a set, but until then, I don't really see anything changing-Bottom line-Maliki is going to try to run for Prime minister again, and just watch- Abadi will do nothing to save his own reputation or his ass-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback Empty Re: Washington sees Iraq as front for Iran pushback

Post by Jayzze Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:52 pm

exactly mr t but the way it looks m will take over as leader of na and become pm again
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Terbo56 Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:02 pm

It looks more and more like that every day, and sorry to say, it just may happen-The hangman's noose is still awaiting a nasty visitor-
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum