Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17

4 posters

Go down

Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 Empty Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17

Post by roxy22222222 Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:35 pm

Anonymously at 2:41 PM EDT on April 12, 2017

Dear Exchange Community,

IMO, the truth about the taxability of our exchanges is NOT KNOWN AT THIS TIME. And anyone telling us differently should not be doing so. Until there is a formal, written opinion/position statement by the IRS and by extension the state taxing authorities, I for one will assume that there is a tax liability. Hopefully, there is none, but I don’t operate on hope when it comes to dealing with the IRS. So, my strategy at the time of the exchange is as follows:

1. After pleasantries are exchanged, my first question will be “Is this a taxable event for all currencies I have in my possession?”

2. If the bank can produce reliable documentation (not a verbal statement) that indicates that it is not, then I will simply ask for the rate that I want.

3. If the bank cannot produce said documentation, then I must assume that it is a taxable event.

4. At this point, I will add the top federal rates to the top state rates. In my state this comes to 55%.

5. In order to calculate my net rate of exchange, I will then divide my desired rate by .45 and that will give me a rate to ask for.

6. This allows tax authorities to take 55% of my gross exchange, and leave me very close to my desired take-home.

7. However, there is another necessary calculation if I intend to utilize a structured payout or any other program that contractually encumbers my funds for a period of time. I must set aside 55% of the gross exchange, which will limit what I can put into such a program. Otherwise, I will be unable to pay the full 55% in taxes that I may owe because they are locked up in a bank investment program. A bank Wealth Manager should be able to help here. Notice that I said MAY owe, because the strategy above is preemptive, based on uncertainty as to whether there will be tax owed.

8. If I later find out that no tax is owed, I’m positioned to negotiate a way to put more of the gross funds into a structured program if that’s what I want to do.

:panda :

9. If tax is owed, I pay the 55%. Then I am in the clear and will only owe taxes on whatever interest the structured program produces.

There are legal tax limiting structures and strategies available. None of them is accounted for here. The above strategy is based on a personal exchange of the simplest kind. Depending on what you ask for, you may wind up with an NDA.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
roxy22222222
roxy22222222
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 Empty Re: Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17

Post by roxy22222222 Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:03 pm

As usual your an ass !
roxy22222222
roxy22222222
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17 Empty Re: Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17

Post by aksafeone Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:46 pm

Personally I can find no government agency or controlling body that has to date any control over the exchange of foreign currency.  The control of bonds and securities is regulated but I can find no such regulatory requirement for currencies.  That being said, it would appear that since no controlling body is over he exchange of currencies there would appear to be no taxing authority i.e. tax on the exchange.

Should something appear to the contrary then I would be compelled to insist that all government employees who have exchanged foreign currencies in the past pay tax in accordance with the levy placed on the dinar currency exchange.  Fines and interest should be levied upon those exchanges as per equality as compared to income taxes collected or owed. 

I do not know about you, but I exchanged dollars for dinars and will reverse that exchange when I so desire.  At no time did I enter into any transaction that resembled investment or speculation.  I was solely exchanging one currency for another and will at some time (or not) change back again or for another currency as the case may be.  Simply put trading one for another.
aksafeone
aksafeone
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:27 am

Aksafeone wrote:I do not know about you, but I exchanged dollars for dinars and will reverse that exchange when I so desire.  At no time did I enter into any transaction that resembled investment or speculation.  I was solely exchanging one currency for another and will at some time (or not) change back again or for another currency as the case may be.  Simply put trading one for another.

I can't tell you how many times I have tried to explain that to people.  It is a misconception in Dinar Land that those who have dinar have made an investment, like they have bought stocks or bonds.  It was a simple currency conversion.  Just like when you go on vacation to another country and convert your money to the visiting country.  Plain and simple.  

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clayf Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:18 am

I was under the impression that it would be a capital gains payment on this iqd we bought but only if youve owned it for less than 2 years. well most of us here have owned for atleast 8 years. but when and if its all mine ,all mine hahahahahaha!  crazyspin ... keep me informed ive got to go pick up the dog crap in the yard
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum