Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL

HomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
YOU MUST Sign in with your USERNAME to POST
Follow us on TWITTER
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 

Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
roxy22222222
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

PostSubject: Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17   Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Anonymously at 2:41 PM EDT on April 12, 2017

Dear Exchange Community,

IMO, the truth about the taxability of our exchanges is NOT KNOWN AT THIS TIME. And anyone telling us differently should not be doing so. Until there is a formal, written opinion/position statement by the IRS and by extension the state taxing authorities, I for one will assume that there is a tax liability. Hopefully, there is none, but I don’t operate on hope when it comes to dealing with the IRS. So, my strategy at the time of the exchange is as follows:

1. After pleasantries are exchanged, my first question will be “Is this a taxable event for all currencies I have in my possession?”

2. If the bank can produce reliable documentation (not a verbal statement) that indicates that it is not, then I will simply ask for the rate that I want.

3. If the bank cannot produce said documentation, then I must assume that it is a taxable event.

4. At this point, I will add the top federal rates to the top state rates. In my state this comes to 55%.

5. In order to calculate my net rate of exchange, I will then divide my desired rate by .45 and that will give me a rate to ask for.

6. This allows tax authorities to take 55% of my gross exchange, and leave me very close to my desired take-home.

7. However, there is another necessary calculation if I intend to utilize a structured payout or any other program that contractually encumbers my funds for a period of time. I must set aside 55% of the gross exchange, which will limit what I can put into such a program. Otherwise, I will be unable to pay the full 55% in taxes that I may owe because they are locked up in a bank investment program. A bank Wealth Manager should be able to help here. Notice that I said MAY owe, because the strategy above is preemptive, based on uncertainty as to whether there will be tax owed.

8. If I later find out that no tax is owed, I’m positioned to negotiate a way to put more of the gross funds into a structured program if that’s what I want to do.

panda

9. If tax is owed, I pay the 55%. Then I am in the clear and will only owe taxes on whatever interest the structured program produces.

There are legal tax limiting structures and strategies available. None of them is accounted for here. The above strategy is based on a personal exchange of the simplest kind. Depending on what you ask for, you may wind up with an NDA.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17   Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:42 pm

before worrying about  what the taxes will be first see if it  ever rvs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17   Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Tax? That reminds me of a man that went into a drug store to purchase a package of condoms- When he got to the counter, the man behind the counter up front said, 'that will be $7.95 plus tax', and the man said, 'tax? 'I don't need no friggin tacks, I think they will stay on by themselves! hemademe affraid sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Heads Up on Taxes at Echange Time 4/12/17
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: DINAR/IRAQ -- NEWS -- GURUS and DISCUSSIONS :: CHATTER from DINARIANS-
Jump to: