Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ

Go down

Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ Empty Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ

Post by RamblerNash Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:13 am

Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ

March 15, 2017 in News

BANKERS have called on the Ministry of Finance to recapitalise the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) to enable it to execute its mandate effectively.

by VENERANDA LANGA

Charity Jinya, the Bankers’ Association of Zimbabwe (BAZ) president, appeared before the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Finance on Monday where she called on MPs to lobby government to ensure that the central bank was capacitated to ensure that it supported the credit guarantee scheme.

She appeared together with organisations like the Confederation of Zimbabwe Industries, Zimbabwe National Chamber of Commerce (ZNCC) and Chamber of Mines to speak on the 2017 monetary policy statement.

“When we suggested the issue (recapitilisation) to the central bank, they indicated that in their opinion they were properly capitalised, but we do not think so as BAZ,” she said.

BAZ also said the Banking Amendment Act needed to be reviewed with regard to non-voting powers of executive directors of banks and their terms of office.

“This issue was not fully addressed in the monetary policy statement and needs to be taken up with the Ministry of Finance,” Jinya said.

BAZ also suggested the central bank must revisit its auction system of Treasury Bills and allocation of foreign currency to ensure transparency in the processes.

“The issue was not covered in the monetary policy statement and we believe the market should be transparent on the issuance of Treasury Bills and their quantum. The foreign currency management committee has also not been set up and we were told this awaits the promulgation of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Act.”

Brains Muchemwa of the ZNCC said the RBZ must ensure foreign currency was available to business, including small-scale operators.

ZNCC president Davison Norupiri said small and medium enterprises resisting fiscalised point-of-sale machines were doing so deliberately and not out of ignorance.

Chamber of Mines economist Pardon Chitsuro said they would continue to appeal to the RBZ to prioritise the mining industry in terms of foreign currency, as well as that there must be a downward review in bank lending rates to support the mining sector.

https://www.newsday.co.zw/2017/03/15/bankers-urge-ministry-finance-recapitalise-rbz/

Bankers urge Ministry of Finance to recapitalise RBZ 258310255 
>>>TNTBS's YouTube Channel<<<
RamblerNash
RamblerNash
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum