Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL

HomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
Follow us on TWITTER
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 

Script for calling banks to ask about foreign currency procedures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

PostSubject: Script for calling banks to ask about foreign currency procedures   Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:52 pm

gretah

WSOMN Veteran Member

Below is what I say when phoning banks to learn about currency verification and other practices.  I am not asking for information about the RV.  I simply want to know about how they handle exchanging currency.

Notes:
*I NEVER mention dinar, zimbabwe dollar, dong, rupiah, or afghani.
*I mention currencies outside the Americas, like yen (Japan), yuan (China), Euro, etc.
*I name someone else as bringing home currency.  This covers me in case the banker asks me a question for which I don’t have an answer.  I refer to “my boyfriend” when I call.  I could instead refer to “my daughter” or “my father” who has been working and/or traveling overseas.  

SCRIPT:
“Hello, may I speak to the foreign currency department please?”

(Sometimes I am transferred.  Sometimes the phone operator tries to answer my questions.)

“My boyfriend is coming home from working in Asia and will have yen and yuan to sell.  I know the rate will vary each day.  I would like to ask you about your policies and procedures.”

(The bank worker usually thinks I am asking about buying foreign currency so it usually takes a minute or two for them to realize we want to sell it.)

“Do you have a machine that verifies the currency notes on site?”  
“If not, do you verify on site another way?”
“Are you required to send the notes to another location?”
“How long must we wait for the US dollar proceeds be available?  We would like to get a thousand or so in cash that day and the rest deposited into a new bank account with you.”

Please note:
These words and practices are my own.  I was not given any instructions by anyone.  The above is not based on “Intel” - just my best attempt to be prepared for the RV/GCR announcement.  I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Ethel Biscuit
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: Script for calling banks to ask about foreign currency procedures   Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:36 pm

I should think that the banker would be rather suspicious of someone supposedly returning from working abroad with "a thousand or so" and more in cash. Why weren't they paid into a bank account? They do have banks in those weird foreign places like China, Japan and Europe!

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the banker suspected an attempt at money laundering.

Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)

Walt Whitman
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: DINAR/IRAQ -- NEWS -- GURUS and DISCUSSIONS :: CHATTER from DINARIANS-