Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats!

Go down

Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! Empty Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats!

Post by Mountain Goatee Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:53 am

Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats!

By Dan Nosowitz on August 29, 2016

Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! 13907111_566169076900736_8119180484279963325_n
Courtesy of Lainey Morse

Every once in awhile, you stumble upon a phrase that immediately incites you to learn more. "Goat yoga" is one of those.

“Goat Yoga is a yoga class that is held in the back field at my farm,” writes Lainey Morse, the proprietor of Goat Yoga (as well as a freelance photographer and office manager) in an email. “My goats are all very social and friendly so they graze and sit and lie down next to everyone.”

Goat yoga is not yoga for goats; with their climbing, prancing, and gymnastics abilities, it seems obvious that goats are more physically capable than we’ll ever be. Instead, Morse’s goats—a mixture of Nigerian dwarf and pygmy goats, with one full-sized Boer—serve more like therapy animals during a normal human yoga class.

Morse lives in Oregon’s Willamette Valley, with views of the Oregon Coast Range of mountains. Originally from Michigan, Morse has lived in Oregon for a decade, and sometimes hosts events at her farm, named No Regrets Farm. At one, a children’s birthday party, one of the parents attending happened to be a yoga instructor with an eye for scenery, and she suggested the farm as a potential site for a yoga class.

Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! Goat-yoga

Goat Yoga: It’s Yoga … With Goats! Goatyoga-461x346
Courtesy of Lainey Morse

The first Goat Yoga class, in which that same instructor led while goats, chickens, and a barn cat wandered around asking to be stroked, “was a huge hit,” writes Morse. Held earlier this summer, some attendees drove all the way from Portland, 100 miles away. “My goats are just very peaceful animals and everyone that comes over leaves stress free and happy. When they chew their cud it’s almost like they go into a meditative state and it’s very soothing to watch and it’s perfect to combine with Yoga,” she writes.

Morse has scheduled two more classes, one on September 10 and the second on September 24. “I think it’s really special but I do realize that it makes me look a little crazy,” she writes. “That’s okay.” Doesn’t sound crazy at all to us!

http://modernfarmer.com/2016/08/goat-yoga/
Mountain Goatee
Mountain Goatee
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum