Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen

2 posters

Go down

Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen Empty Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen

Post by Ponee Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:05 pm

Gathering of new recruits in northern Aden targeted by ISIL attacker, with at least 45 reportedly killed.

Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen 2e05264144ec4a6fb74b1f489ed2d731_18

More than 6,600 people have been killed in Yemen since March 2015 [Fawaz Salman/Reuters]

A suicide car bomb attack on an army training camp in Yemen's second city of Aden has killed at least 45 people, medical sources say.

A security official told AFP news agency that the attacker drove his vehicle into a gathering of new recruits at the camp in northern Aden on Monday.

Later on Monday, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group claimed responsibility for the attack.

The blast killed at least 45 people and wounded 29 others, medical sources said from the three hospitals where victims were taken.

Security officials had said earlier that the death toll was 11.

"It's a massacre. This is the highest death toll in any attack that happened in Aden before," Hakim Almasmari, editor-in-chief of Yemen Post newspaper, told Al Jazeera.

Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen 665003303001_5103351130001_5103128610001-vs
Yemen: Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Aden

The port city, the temporary base of Yemen's Arab Gulf-backed government, has seen a wave of bombings and shootings targeting officials and security forces.

Yemeni authorities have trained hundreds of soldiers in Aden over the past two months as part of operations to retake neighbouring southern provinces from fighters.

Earlier this month, Yemen government forces entered Abyan's provincial capital Zinjibar.

Troops retook other towns across Abyan but have been met by fierce resistance in key a al-Qaeda stronghold, Al-Mahfid, a town which lies further east, security sources said.

Fighters still at large

The fighters are still present in areas surrounding the recaptured towns and control large parts of the neighbouring Shabwa province, the sources say.

The Arab coalition which backs the Yemeni government against Iran-backed rebels has also been providing troops with air cover throughout the war against the fighters.

The coalition intervened in Yemen in March last year and has helped government troops push the rebels out of Aden and four other southern provinces.

But authorities have been struggling to secure these provinces.

More than 6,600 people, mostly civilians, have been killed in Yemen since March 2015 and more than 80 percent of the population has been left in need of humanitarian aid, according to the UN.

Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen 68b00fad8b4043919a1294a23a17c6e7_6
 http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/08/deadly-suicide-bombing-targets-yemen-army-camp-160829064018700.html

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen Empty Re: Scores killed in ISIL-claimed suicide bombing in Yemen

Post by Terbo56 Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Nice neighbor hood- I wonder what the rent is there? Looks like it is pretty well 'air conditioned'! .............In all seriousness, this will go on til the end of time, and started long before Christ was hung on the cross- It is not going to end any time soon-It is a shame and sad state of affairs, when their people can't even live in peace, a decent place to live,and have good food and cold clean water to drink...
Terbo56
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum