Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college

Go down

Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college Empty Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college

Post by Purpleskyz Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:46 am

Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college Fred-barley

Fred Barley/Facebook photo

From Fox News: More than $150,000 dollars have been raised for a Georgia 19-year-old who was found sleeping in a tent outside the gates of his college last weekend.

Fred Barley, who is homeless, was discovered by two police officers responding to a trespassing call near a parking lot at Gordon State College in Barnesville. He told the officers he had ridden his little brother’s bicycle six hours to register for classes for his second semester of college.

In addition to the bike, Barley had two duffel bags containing all his wordly possessions and two gallons of water. All he had to eat, according to a report by WSB, was a box of cereal.

“After meeting Fred, I could tell he was a good kid,” Gordon State College Police Officer Dicky Carreker told the Barnesville Herald-Gazette. “He was a young kid who had been dealt a bad hand and was trying to make the best out of it. All he wanted was a job.”

Carreker and Barnesville Police Officer Maria Gebelein told Barley he couldn’t stay in the tent, but they knew someplace he could stay. The officers brought Barley to a nearby motel and paid for two nights accomodation.

“The stuff that’s happening with police officers, I am black and he didn’t care what color I was,” Barley told WSB. “He just helped me, and that meant a lot.”

The story, however, doesn’t end there. After Carreker posted the story on Facebook, members of the community rallied behind Barley. A GoFundMe page on Barley’s behalf had raised $150,000 dollars as of Saturday afternoon.

The owner of a local pizzeria hired him as a dishwasher and promised to work around his class scheduled (Barley wants to major in biology). Other residents have donated clothes, food and a new bike.

“I was not expecting any of this support and am in awe of how this community has come together to help me,” Barley told the Herald-Gazette. “I was just trying to go to school, find a job and make it on my own. Now it seems as though I am part of a new community and have a new family.”

DCG

Thanks to: https://fellowshipoftheminds.com

http://www.oom2.com/t39849-police-officers-pay-for-motel-room-help-raise-150g-for-homeless-teen-who-biked-six-hours-to-college#89532

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college 2245507099Police officers pay for motel room, help raise $150G for homeless teen who biked six hours to college 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum