Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop!

Go down

Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! Empty Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop!

Post by GypZ Fri May 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop!

Warning: Graphic Content. Readers may find this article distressing. We are sharing it because we believe you will want to help us stop this cruel event.

Every year in June, when carnivals and festivals are popping up across the United States and people begin celebrating summer, there is another festival on the other side of the world that has a malicious and sinister theme- the slaughter and sale of thousands of dogs and cats as meat. The Yulin Festival in China marks the summer solstice, and the festival is equal parts superstition and celebration. As we get closer to the date, it is vital that those responsible for this atrocity end it.

Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! Yulin_04_WithFlag

The Yulin festival began in the early 1990's, filtering out from the country side into the larger cities in China. In Chinese lore, dog meat is accredited with raising internal heat, helping people to fight off the winter chill. It is still considered a source of good luck and health. In order to prove the freshness of the meat, most of the animals are slaughtered in the street in front of festival goers, a sign of “quality.” As the traditional dish of dog meat, lychee fruit, and liquor is prepared, the entire area surrounding Yulin can smell of boiling canines.
It's not just the consumption of the animal that has led to international protest. The treatment of dogs and cats leading up to the festival, and the way in which they are procured, is equally horrifying. Roughly 80,000 dogs are shipped in each year from farms in South Korea and Thailand. Animals are bred for this festival (and for meat year round), and raised in the most obscene conditions. There is also widespread evidence thatdogs are kidnapped from yards and public areas to be transported to China for the festival.Humane Society International has taken point on ending the festival in Yulin during the last few years, attacking the problem from a number of angles. Volunteers will purchase dogs from the live meat markets and find them homes. HSI assists local governments and activists to provide care for rescued dogs, and spreads awareness through numerous public service campaigns. Now, millions are making their voices heard and are standing up against this atrocity.
GreaterGood has taken up the cause as well, and while the response was incredible last year, we want to do even more this year. There are numerous ways to help. Whether contributing to HSI's fight to stop the Yulin festival, supporting dogs that are rescued from the meat trade, or simply making your voice heard, every bit helps. Shockingly, the practice of raising dogs and cats for food is still alive and well in the United States as well, yet another practice we can all help stop. Hopefully we can make this the last year the Yulin festival occurs!
You can take the first step and sign the Humane Society International's petition to tell China to put an end to the Yulin Festival. You can alsodonate and help them keep fighting to free these animals from such barbaric cruelty.

HELP STOP THE SLAUGHTER! 

Thousands Of Dogs Are Killed In Celebration, And It Needs To Stop! Yulin-Festival_250x250-2

In Yulin, China, the summer solstice marks an annual dog-eating festival. This cruel and inhumane festival kills an estimated 10,000 dogs per year. Recently, Humane Society International (HSI) sent staff to the city of Yulin in an effort to draw attention to the cruelty and to stand alongside Chinese activists and ordinary animal-loving citizens who care deeply about ending this horrific trade. Despite efforts from activists and Humane Society International alike, the number of dogs killed in the 2015 Yulin dog meat festival remained the same. Sadly, nearly half of the dogs were stolen pets—many of which were still wearing their collars.

Making your voices heard will be the most effective way to end this festival. Let the world know that this needs to end!

http://blog.theanimalrescuesite.com/yulin-festival-dogs/?utm_source=ars-cotd&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_term=20160527&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=yulin-festival-dogs&origin=ars_cotd_social_fb_link_yulin-festival-dogs_20160527

GypZ
GypZ
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum