Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South

2 posters

Go down

DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South Empty DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South

Post by kenlej Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:16 pm

DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South Around-the-world-trip-2009-367

The mere thought of the new Greek Syriza finance minister Yanis Varoufakis meeting in April 2015 with IMF officials in Washington sent global stock and bonds markets tumbling. The IMF is Greece’s key creditor.

Words from Poul Thomsen – director of the IMF’s European department – didn’t help either. Thomsen admitted that even IMF forecasts for growth in Greece were unrealistic.

“Our growth projection for this year will clearly have to be revised down significantly because of the current turmoil, because of the delay in completing the review. So once again, growth will under-perform,” Thomsen told CNBC from the IMF’s annual Spring Meeting in Washington D.C.

Thomsen is in charge of the IMF’s loan programs to Greece and Portugal. He told CNBC that the situation with Athens was “complex” because the new left wing Syriza government is insisting on doing things “differently” from their predecessors.

“I don’t think there is any loss of patience in the negotiations but it is a complex situation, let me explain. The Greek population wants to do things differently. They have elected a government that wants to do things differently. We have worked to accept that. Absolutely there are always different ways of achieving a program’s objective, so we are engaged in a discussion of trying to do it quite differently,” he said.

Wall Street and the City of London aren’t too keen on doing things differently. The elite worry that should Syriza be allowed to dictate economic demands to the IMF, this would set a very bad precedent.

Yet if they do not accede to Greek demands, the country – which some say is already bankrupt – may well be forced to leave the European Union to survive. This would come with a repudiation of some debt, which is why Greek bonds are hovering near 13 %.

The situation in Greece is but a microcosm of what the banksters face regarding the entire global economy. The developed nations have nearly all followed the well-worn path of financialization, privatization and lassie fairecapitalism in a race to the bottom for global workers.

Benefits have been stripped, wages have stagnated and underemployment is chronic. Yet most Western governments continue to lurch politically to the right.

Meanwhile, the elite continue to amass even greater wealth, as concentration across various industrial, retail and financial sectors continues apace.

Something’s gotta’ give.

Today it was the global stock and bond markets. The Dow closed down 279 points.

As concentration of economic power reaches levels not seen since medieval Europe, there will be many more crises like Greece. In the end, unfettered capital self-destructs into a gaudy carnival of trusts and oligopolies. Competition and innovation cease. Jobs go away. People get hungry. Then trouble starts.

Leave it to the always persnickety Greeks to start the trouble.

Dean Henderson is the author of five books: Big Oil & Their Bankers in the Persian Gulf: Four Horsemen, Eight Families & Their Global Intelligence, Narcotics & Terror Network, The Grateful Unrich: Revolution in 50 Countries,Das Kartell der Federal Reserve, Stickin’ it to the Matrix & The Federal Reserve Cartel.  You can subscribe free to his weekly Left Hook column @www.hendersonlefthook.wordpress.com

kenlej
kenlej
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South Empty Re: DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South

Post by Kevind53 Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:39 pm

They are bankrupt, and unwilling to make the necessary changes to turn it about. But that is about as far as I agree with him.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South 2805820865  DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South 2805820865  DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South 2805820865  DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South Empty Re: DOWN TO THE NITTY GRITTY as Greece Sends Global Markets South

Post by kenlej Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:10 am

You need to read the Confessions of anEconomic Hitman by John Perkins. He explains how the IMF works on a country to put them into debt then takes everything of value from them. Greece is a perfect example of a country being raped and pillaged in the twenty first century. I bet you think that our country is so far in debt by "entitlements" instead of the elite and the Military Industrial Complex stealing trillions of dollars from us and keeping us in perpetual war Look at Rumsfeld telling us on 9-10 that over 2 trillion is missing 

WAKE UP  THE ELITE IS STEALING EVERYTHING THAT WE OWN
kenlej
kenlej
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum