Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

"Response to Housecleaning" DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

"Response to Housecleaning"

Go down

"Response to Housecleaning" Empty "Response to Housecleaning"

Post by Ssmith on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:43 am

"Response to Housecleaning" by Rex

3/31/2016

"Housecleaning" is a "Baby with the Bathwater" Problem

To All,

This emailed guest post is in response to the recent post captioned ""Housecleaning" - Guest Post from a Reader", posted 3/31/2016 06:33:00 PM.

I cannot say how disappointed I am in so many I have personally encountered in the dinar community (though, certainly not all) who are so transfixed on the daily, and for some minute by minute) "happy happy fix". Those, generally speaking, simply cannot tolerate anyone with a contrary point of view. Perhaps this stems from a life where everyone gets a trophy, or all the "employees" have to be "equal" no matter how it drags a team or a business or a family down. Equal love, but not equally earned everything.

Regardless of the motivation for the attitude, crushing out new or different thought is the most crippling of ideologies. Stifling any reasoned idea brought to this forum is like outlawing the sale of all internet but one website. Sure, we can say "leave and find another forum", but is that who we want to be here? Do we believe that is the way to learn more, understand better, or reach our goals quicker? Better to squelch a voice because it doesn't parrot your own or use a "tone" of voice (in typed words) to protect your tender sensibilities?

Let's talk about "negative". The word really means several things but seems in this context to mean as an adjective, "(of a person, attitude, or situation) not desirable or optimistic." So, we're not saying they lied. We aren't saying they misled anyone, necessarily. We're not saying they have questionable character. We say they disagree with us and have not spoken highly of the thing which are important to us. Negative, in a word, is someone who merely disagrees with us, or who offers their understanding of the truth in a way we do not like.

So, for the personalities who are not effervescent at sunrise, we exclude them? For the presentation of truths which refute our hopes, find wishes, and dearly held dreams we exclude them? For the "light and love" crowd, that's inconsistent. For the rest of us who claim Christian principles, that's just as inconsistent. For our agnostic friends, it's a rudeness they probably aren't showing to their neighbors. Come on people, it's just plain unkind and exclusionary.

Maya Angelou said, “it is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.” That was directed at parents about their children. Shouldn't we be a little more advanced in our inclusiveness here?

Rex

"Housecleaning" - Guest Post from a Reader

3/31/2016 

Emailed to Dinar Chronicles:

Dear Dinar Chronicles,

I, and many others I am sure, would appreciate it if you would clean house by getting rid of certain regulars in your guest posting section who obviously are there for the sole purpose of antagonizing readers and contributors. I won't mention names, as that is unnecessary.

Thank you for considering this.

Reader

Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum