Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN!

Go down

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Empty Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN!

Post by Ssmith on Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:21 pm

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! CdZ9PJAWAAAeB4z

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1591736&m=75&t=1451433083ADMINBILL

CAM wrote:

With all due respect ... and I have lots of respect for the leadership of this forum ... where does it say no chanting in that list? Is there a different list somewhere else?

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS A CHAT ROOM. IT IS NOT A CHANT ROOM.

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1597279&m=73&t=1457380024Humbled

Cam, this was posted "WSOMN Freedom of Speech" on March 1st but it doesn't speak to what we did tonight. I would call what we did tonight "a positive pep rally/pre RV celebration." So I am utterly confused right now.

MEMBERS OF WSOMN ARE FREE TO VOICE THEIR OPINIONS ON MANY TOPICS THAT WERE OFF LIMITS ON OTHER SITES DUE TO THEIR CONTROVERSIAL NATURE. WE ENCOURAGE YOUR OPINIONS IN THE FORUM ON MANY DIFFERING TOPICS AND INVITE YOU TO POST THEM UNDER THE SECTION AND DISCUSSION OF YOUR CHOICE. BEWARE AND BE FOREWARNED THAT JUST BECAUSE YOU HOLD VERY STRONG VIEWS ON THE SUBJECT DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE ELSE WILL AGREE. SO YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED AND BE READY FOR SERIOUS DISCUSSIONS AND DEBATE WHICH YOU MAY FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE WITH AS YOUR THREAD PROGRESSES. IF THE DISCUSSION GETS HEATED OR NASTY I WILL CLOSED IT.

THE CHAT ROOM HAS RULES AS WELL. THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO INTRODUCE THE TOPICS OF RELIGION OR POLITICS AND CONTINUE WITH A LENGTHY DISCUSSION. TAKE IT TO THE FORUM AND CREATE A DISCUSSION THERE. DO NOT CONDUCT A DISCUSSION IN THE CHAT ROOM ON EITHER ONE OF THOSE TOPICS. I WILL ASK THE HOSTS TO ASK YOU TO STOP. IF YOU OR OTHERS PERSIST I AM DIRECTING THEM TO PUT YOU IN TIME OUT (CHAT ROOM BAN) AND DELETE YOUR COMMENTS FROM CHAT.

THIS IS A CHAT ROOM TO BE YOURSELVES BUT DO SO WITH RESPECT AND WITHOUT RANCOR. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND CONTINUING UNDERSTANDING AND RESPECT OF OUR FORUM AND CHAT ROOM RULES.

ANMINBILL

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1592032&m=76&t=1451861390CAM

I understood ... perhaps mistakenly ... that the rule we broke which resulted in the closure was that people aren't allowed to do a prolonged "chant" like we were doing. I do not see where that rule is written in the list ... ie: where I would have known about it ... so I am legitimately and respectfully confused. I do not intend to cause a problem or show disrespect and would appreciate the same treatment in return. Regarding what happened tonight, I will both quit asking about this and never participate in a chant again. To quote Okie ... 'Nuff said.

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1591736&m=75&t=1451433083ADMINBILL

I know you don't CAM. We will move on tomorrow
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Empty Re: Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN!

Post by chilimama on Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:28 pm

LOL

Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy. - Norman Schwarzkopf, Jr.
chilimama
chilimama
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith on Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1596111&m=73&t=1456097462Maji Girl wrote
11m ago
Sunni isn't that why chat closed last night "WE GO NOW"?
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1591613&m=73&t=1451276651Sunni Daze wrote
11m ago
MAJI YES THEY CRASHED THE BOARDS AND MADE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO WHAT WE NEED TO DO
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1591613&m=73&t=1451276651Sunni Daze wrote
11m ago
SO IT IS NOW A MEMORY LOL
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1592032&m=76&t=1451861390CAM wrote
9m ago
(*settles down to nap ... turns on the white noise machine which sounds suspiciously like a huge crowd yelling "WE GO NOW" over and over again. I'm sure that's not what it is ... but sounds like that ... *)
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1594812&m=76&t=1454649046Blaze wrote
8m ago
SUNNNI...CAM....I heard all the chanting on my computer last night from the other room....when I got here to check..the chatroom was GONE!!...Figured everyone left me and went to the bank without me!!!
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1597707&m=75&t=1457831065SheltieMom wrote
6m ago
Sunni: Oh, missed it. Bummer, big time! :(
6m ago
YES THEY HAD FUN NOT SO GOOD FOR THE CHAT CRASHED THE BOARDS BIG MJESS BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY AND SO WE PRESS FORWARD
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1596955&m=75&t=1457046488Iambigbob wrote
6m ago
Cat, I was not here but understand that someone asked for a repetitive chant and so many did that it crached the board...not sure   
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1593699&m=75&t=1453654306TBairman wrote
6m ago
Blaze it was not chanting it was an expretion of happyness
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1594812&m=76&t=1454649046Blaze wrote
5m ago
TBAIRman...I didn't know what it was...i missed the whole thing.....the room was closed....its sounds like the room was UNITED
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! FireworkCatallina wrote
4m ago
Wow, chants can crash a site...I wonder if the hackers will find out about this? lol
4m ago
CAR SSHHHHHHHHHHHH
Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1597422&m=75&t=1457534727AtmosphereChanger wrote
moments ago
Blaze it was amazing last night however, none of us understood that it was against chat rules and then it crashed the site. Admin had to step in, correct us and closed the site. It probably caused a ton of extra work for the very people that work so hard for us everyday. We just didn't understand then. Now we do. End of subject
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Can you say Hypocritical? I knew you could ....Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Mister10

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! 2805820865  Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! 2805820865  Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! 2805820865  Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Saturday Night RIOT at WSOMN! Avatar?id=1597058&m=75&t=1457146681coloradogurl wrote
2m ago
For me, last night was not rediculous, but very inspiring. I was a battered woman. I have been disabled and disempowered and poor now for 13 years. I am owed money and have nothing. Last night was not about being bratty but about being able to have some power, and power in unison - we will be there with our money. We have been smashed doown for milenia - I am a woman. I have taken a lot of crap. It was the most wonderful experience I've been through in a long long time.
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee on Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:39 pm

Cult Chanting  and Bonding has that effect on people who are in need 

Why are cults effective?

1. "Overwhelm" tactics. Cults effectively employ such methods as "love bombing," isolation, and sleeplessnes or hunger (as during all-night singing, chanting or education sessions) to disorient newcomers, break down their resistance, and condition them to depending on the group for all  their emotional and physical needs.

2. Charismatic leadership. Most high-control cults have a magnetic or domineering leader who are able to erase all doubts that a member might have, and who people in the cult desperately want to win approval from.

3. Having "The" answer. Cults present an all-encompassing world view seemingly containing the answer to every personal or political problem. This is highly appealing to most people, in or out of cults.

4. Us-against-the-world mindset. Cult leaders tell their followers that the world is out to destroy them, that anyone not for them is against them. This reinforces group loyalty and makes it easier to break off contact with outsiders, including family and former friends, who are now seen as the enemy.

5. Providing a family. This may be the strongest lure of all, especially for individuals whose own families were dysfunctional or failed to provide the structure and support they craved.

There may be other reasons as well for cult effectiveness, but I think these are among the most important. It's a fascinating area to study, for it tells us a lot about human needs and how people try to satisfy them, and how unscrupulous or power-hungry individuals can take advantage of that.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-cults-effective

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:41 pm

AND THIS - By Jeffrey Feil

Jeffrey Feil,

Cults prey on those who are vulnerable to joining them, promising or offering a way to resolve a situation that the person is trying to avoid or seek help from.  They are therefore enticing to those who fit the above description.

Many people have difficulty with life to where they look for help.  For many, help is real medical or psychological/therapeutic help, but that can be difficult to swallow.  In some cases, people who could be helped by traditional therapy instead opt for promises someone can give that assures them that help through coercion or manipulation (e.g. Koresh, Manson).

It's really about a person who has a need who meets a person who has a solution.  In some cases, the one offering the solution isn't a medical professional, but could be an egotistical maniac looking for power and manipulation.  Hence, a cult.  Cultists prey on the weak spirited--people who are hurt or seeking answers, which makes them easy prey.

Effectiveness of a cult is due to how desperate a person is in seeking some kind of help or solution to his/her individual problems and how available an organization (cult) is to cater to that person's needs.
~~~~

WOW that sums up a LOT of delusional dinarians

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:44 pm

Let's take a look at what Trevor Carter has to say

Cults are effective at recruiting people, and that's because most people can't think for themselves. They'd rather hand over their mind to someone else to do the thinking. They want someone else to fix their problems and fulfill their needs. Cult leaders know this. They prey on the weak minded and the gullible. They know it's a number's game. The more people they talk to, the better the odds at getting new members.

I don't underestimate cults, because some of them are quite sophisticated, having a leader that is highly intelligent and charismatic. Some of these leaders are well versed in science and religion. They can put a new spin on it all to make it appear fresh and new. People like fresh and new, especially when they become disillusioned with the old. In general, people want to belong to a group. It's the herd mentality. They feel stronger when they're in a group. This is an illusion for the most part. The group might get stronger, but you as an individual only gets weaker. Climb to the top of the cult and guess who you'll see having all the fun? The cult leader has it best.

Take David Koresh for instance. He convinced people he was Jesus. Even though these people knew the Bible, which never speaks of Jesus having sex with anyone, Koresh convinced them that it was okay for him (Jesus) to have sex with multiple women. Look back at the Heaven's Gate cult and what happened there. One man, Marshal Applewhite, convinced several people that an alien spaceship was hiding behind the Halebop Comet and would whisk them away if they killed themselves. Not only did they believe him about this, but the men of the group actually castrated themselves at his command. These were fairly intelligent people from what I understand.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum