Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."




Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL
 
HomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
YOU MUST Sign in with your USERNAME to POST
Follow us on TWITTER
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 
 

 Our New Dinar Book

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER
avatar

Posts : 1139
Join date : 2016-01-21

PostSubject: Our New Dinar Book   Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:51 am




This is a book that Marcus and I have written over the past couple of years about our dinar experiences.  It's free and available for download now on my Jew and Greek site.  Enjoy!

Tales From The Gypped

*****************
Busting Gurus Since 2011

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jewandgreek.com
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER
avatar

Posts : 14988
Join date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:30 am

Sounds good.  Will have to check it out!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
kenmor
VIP Member
VIP Member
avatar

Posts : 227
Join date : 2016-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:47 am

Great, thank you.  Looking forward to read it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarcusCurtis
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER
avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2016-01-30
Location : Tulsa

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:22 pm

I just wanted to say that this book is about our personal experience. It contains the stories of the family and friends that we have who have purchased dinar. It talks about the hardships they went through as a result, but there are also many funny stories in there. I think a lot of people can identify with the things we experienced, especially if they have family members that also purchased dinar.


There is one story in there about a friend of mine that purchased over 18 million dinar. He also purchased dong because he said he was going to ummm... double dip 

NO why? crap   
His story is actually both tragic and funny. The book will give you a sense of how this investment ruined so many lives. It does not focus as much on the economics side of things. There are some really funny situations in there.


Rod recounts how he found the true identities of some of the people he was looking for. From Adam to Okie many discoveries are in there.


We decided not to charge anything for this book and it is totally free. Writing it has been a source of therapy for both of us. The book is available on Rod's Jew and Greek website at the bottom of the post. it is in adobe form. Click on the link and it opens up. Then just save it in adobe. It will be available later on at Amazon and other eBook retailers. This is sort of a sneak peak.


http://jewandgreek.com/3161-2/

*****************
Listen to the Podcasts on Iraq Currency Watch

it's hard to reason with someone who has not used logic and reason to arrive at their conclusions.

"Facts are stubborn things" -John Adams
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iraqcurrencywatch.com
Toby1
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2011-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:05 am

I read the book. I appreciate the honesty and personal stories, especially about Gary. 

 You went very light on Okie. I thought he was Lonnie Freels, from Burns Flat, OK. You had a different name in this book. 

I also have the burning question on how did SWFG die?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER
avatar

Posts : 1139
Join date : 2016-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:23 am

Toby - Okie is Lonnie Freels.  The story in the book was about a false lead.  Read it again.  As to SWFG, I don't know how he died.  All I know is what I heard but I don't want to spread rumors.  All I will say is  it had nothing to do with the dinar.

*****************
Busting Gurus Since 2011

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jewandgreek.com
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 4727
Join date : 2011-08-16
Location : Woodstock Nation

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:41 am

Sweet and shared!

nice work guys! Keep up the great job you are doing!

winkywinky

*****************
Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member


Posts : 671
Join date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:58 pm

My question was always why sonny1 seemed to get a pass at DD. Just the connection from DV?

I figured he had spun some tail of woe about how the clever and evil Adam Montana led him astray and he just didn't know any better. 

But from my perspective sonny1 might have well been on AMs payroll (assuming he wasn't, which I wouldn't bet on), saying all the ridiculously false nonsense that Montana was (mostly) smart enough not to say himself.  Tbh some of the dumbest crap I ever saw on a dinar forum came from the keyboard of sonny1, and he could be pretty nasty in his attacks on the "stupid evil lopsters" as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ponee
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 34005
Join date : 2011-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:30 pm

FS4 - Do you mean he gets a pass on Dinar Daily?  Or on Dinar Detectives? Is he still posting? I thought he went away years ago.

*****************
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member


Posts : 671
Join date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:37 pm

@Ponee wrote:
FS4 - Do you mean he gets a pass on Dinar Daily?  Or on Dinar Detectives? Is he still posting? I thought he went away years ago.

Lol, sorry, I didn't realize how non specific DD was, too many sites. I meant Dinar Douchebags.

And yeah, he vanished into the night a long time ago. IIRC, fairly rapidly switching from being Montanas number one pumper of lies and BS, to having an attitude akin to "what are you idiots doing still talking about the dinar, everyone knows it isn't happening."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarcusCurtis
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER
avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2016-01-30
Location : Tulsa

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:56 pm

I just now realized after reading all of these questions that there is a lot of information we left out of the book. Maybe we should add a few more chapters. Sam will answer your question about Sonny1

*****************
Listen to the Podcasts on Iraq Currency Watch

it's hard to reason with someone who has not used logic and reason to arrive at their conclusions.

"Facts are stubborn things" -John Adams
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iraqcurrencywatch.com
FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member


Posts : 671
Join date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:05 pm

Anyway, it was a good read. Most of it was a trip down memory lane but there were definitely a few things in there that I had no clue about.  

My dinar story would be pretty short and boring, since I had nowhere near the impact of either of you guys, but maybe I'll type it up anyway. There might be a few things that might at least be mildly amusing to one or two people. 

Tony has/had his huge My Dinar Story thread, is there a similar one here at Dinar Daily?  Would be fun to compare and contrast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MarcusCurtis
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER
avatar

Posts : 97
Join date : 2016-01-30
Location : Tulsa

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:11 pm

@FS4Enthusiast wrote:
Anyway, it was a good read. Most of it was a trip down memory lane but there were definitely a few things in there that I had no clue about.  

My dinar story would be pretty short and boring, since I had nowhere near the impact of either of you guys, but maybe I'll type it up anyway. There might be a few things that might at least be mildly amusing to one or two people. 

Tony has/had his huge My Dinar Story thread, is there a similar one here at Dinar Daily?  Would be fun to compare and contrast.
Type it up I would love to read it

*****************
Listen to the Podcasts on Iraq Currency Watch

it's hard to reason with someone who has not used logic and reason to arrive at their conclusions.

"Facts are stubborn things" -John Adams
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://iraqcurrencywatch.com
Sam I Am
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER
avatar

Posts : 1139
Join date : 2016-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:16 pm

Yeah, DD can mean Dinar Daddy, Dinar Douchebags, Dinar Detectives, Dinar Discussions, Dinar Daily, or even Dinar Dater when it was active.  Confusing. 

FS4 - I didn't completely give sonny1 a pass.  In fact I ridiculed his bad intel once when he announced that he was going away.  But I used to speak with him some at DV (nothing ambiguous there) and observed his disagreements with "Adam" and his double minded perspective on the dinar, and concluded that his behavior wasn't consistent with that of a pumper.  After I started researching these guys I found out that Nick (his real name) was the owner of an electronics outlet and had no criminal background.  It was through his import/export activity that he made contacts in Dubai that got him all excited about the dinar.  Unfortunately they were clueless.  I never found any money trail or smoking gun of any kind like I did with the other guys I was exposing.  In fact he gave me his real name.  Sonny was wrong and he admitted it.

You have to remember that Marcus was also excited about the RV at one time and he could also have qualified as a pumper in the opinion of some.  I know from our history that you can be a well known dinar "guru" and simply be wrong without being dirty.  I was determined to be fair.  I didn't want to be like McCarthy and just condemn everybody I suspected.  Randy Koonce is another one I went easy on for the longest time, despite the fact that he was always wrong.  He used his own name and there was no money trail at first, but after he started promoting Dinar Corp I put him in the douchebag category.

I hope that answers your question.

*****************
Busting Gurus Since 2011

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jewandgreek.com
FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member


Posts : 671
Join date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:41 pm

@Sam I Am wrote:


I hope that answers your question.

Absolutely, and you're not wrong.  I just don't know for sure if you're right, either.  If you get my drift. Smile

And there are certainly many, many examples of the "probably not dirty gurus" who lost money hand over fist right alongside the people they were proselytizing to, who either just enjoy the attention or legitimately think they're really being a boon to others.

But sonny1 was a basic and integral part of DV, not just some random guru that decided to pick one website to hang his hat on.  He had moderator privileges (which weren't public, IIRC) and from his very first post said things speaking "for" DV (i.e. "i will be a big part of this site as we will soon have a chat were people can speak there mind" and "he guys and gals, you will never be booted here for simply speaking your mind."


Little too cozy of a relationship for me.


I don't remember a lot of "double mindedness" early on either.  Or even in the middle.  Near the end of his reign at DV, sure, but that was after years of some of the silliest pumping in all Dinarland.  Not a lot of ambiguity in this early statement of his:


"is that there arent going to lop and we will get payed how we think we are. The only question is when!!!"  Zero chance of a lop, we're guaranteed to make millions.  Pretty clear cut.


And I'm sure there likely wasn't a money trail or smoking gun that could (reasonably) be found.  But if you're not an extremely dimwitted criminal I don't think it'd be too hard to hide these things.  You get used to finding those smoking guns because so many of the scam artists involved in the dinar were absolute idiots.  The BH Group for example, doing blatantly and obviously illegal things right out in the open.  Many criminals aren't nearly that dumb and short of subpoenas there are a lot of ways to hide things if you exhibit even a small amount of discretion. 


I remember thinking years ago (thinking about the possible relationship between sonny and adam) this:


Every good dinar site needs a guru.  Someone basically willing to lie or at the very least spread incredibly misleading and ignorant bullshit.  But you can't really do that legally if you're selling dinar or even I imagine (as in Adams case) you're just selling nonsense related to the dinar.  So you need the straight man, and the con man, more or less.  And, of course, you don't want any real ties between the two, as TerryK (among others) have shown us: it's a bad idea, and likely to get you in the end.


So find a guy with a decent career.  Decent job, business, whatever.  Doesn't need the money right now.  Have him do it.  Don't pay him a single cent.  Give him nothing.  The thing is, if you know the RV is never gonna happen, you know sooner or later it's all gonna come crashing down, probably via a lop, or just dying out naturally.  In 2009 I woulda guessed it would have petered out within five years (by 2014).  You say your goodbyes, say your "we gave it the old college try, didn't we, guess it wasn't meant to be's", and you shut down your forum.  Wait a couple years.  Certainly the "coast is clear" by now, right?  Then the straight man funnels the hundreds of thousands or millions to the con-man via your money laundering method of choice.  Hire him as a consultant for 2 grand a day or whatever.  Basically like a retirement plan for cons.


Far fetched?  Absolutely.  It's likely I'm completely wrong, and you're right.  But, as I said, the whole relationship was just a little too cozy for me.  If old sonny never got (and never gets) a cent from Adam, then sonny sure got screwed, because there's zero doubt that he made Adam a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Toby1
Elite Member
Elite Member
avatar

Posts : 266
Join date : 2011-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:04 pm

I am glad we are having this "who is the worst" conversation. 

However, in my humble opinion, the person who did the most damage was clearly Okie, Lonnie Freels from Burns Flat Oklahoma.

 I could give a long laundry list, but most people on this site remember:
His rudeness and dismissiveness on the chats on this site
His complete disregard to the mods on this site
His inability to answer questions
It rv'd in Iraq and will be coming here...
planes landing, trains, pies baking....
His weird sexist way of answering some female questions who would be banned by Beth
His inability to send a phone screen shot of ANYTHING HE SAID happened in Iraq (like there were not people on this site who were there and could not verify his info)

I could write 10 more but he doesn't deserve my keystrokes.

From the damage he did, he should be indicted. I don't care how old he is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member


Posts : 671
Join date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:52 pm

@Toby1 wrote:
I am glad we are having this "who is the worst" conversation. 

However, in my humble opinion, the person who did the most damage was clearly Okie, Lonnie Freels from Burns Flat Oklahoma.

 I could give a long laundry list, but most people on this site remember:
His rudeness and dismissiveness on the chats on this site
His complete disregard to the mods on this site
His inability to answer questions
It rv'd in Iraq and will be coming here...
planes landing, trains, pies baking....
His weird sexist way of answering some female questions who would be banned by Beth
His inability to send a phone screen shot of ANYTHING HE SAID happened in Iraq (like there were not people on this site who were there and could not verify his info)

I could write 10 more but he doesn't deserve my keystrokes.

From the damage he did, he should be indicted. I don't care how old he is.

No arguments from me. And I certainly dont think sonny was the worst, I just think he was a douchebag. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ponee
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 34005
Join date : 2011-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:03 pm

I agree totally with you Toby1.  Okie is the grandfather of all Dinar Guru SCUMBAGS...  He started this snowball of guruism.  And, each point you made about him were right on.  He was all those things and more. 


Just because you are old or have health issues doesn't negate what you did, Okie.  I hope it haunts you every waking minute and in your dreams.

*****************
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER
avatar

Posts : 14988
Join date : 2012-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:18 pm

@Ponee wrote:
I agree totally with you Toby1.  Okie is the grandfather of all Dinar Guru SCUMBAGS...  He started this snowball of guruism.  And, each point you made about him were right on.  He was all those things and more. 


Just because you are old or have health issues doesn't negate what you did, Okie.  I hope it haunts you every waking minute and in your dreams.

I like that name for Okie.  "Grandfather of all Dinar Guru SCUMBAGS".  It's so appropriate.  He took lying and BS to a whole new level and paved the way for Tony and others.  He should be held accountable for the damage he's done. 

 The dots have been connected.  He received money from Dinar Depot as a member of their affiliate program.  He was an 'intel' provider for the GET team while TerryK was being paid by Sterling.  Surely he wasn't working for free.  Maybe he's already been deposed by the FBI in the Sterling case and an indictment is forthcoming.  It would be a shame for that old fart to get away with all the damage he's done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
avatar

Posts : 24992
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 18
Location : Umm right here!

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:38 pm

More like the Godfather ....

*****************
Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

       
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member


Posts : 671
Join date : 2014-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Our New Dinar Book   Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:53 pm

@MarcusCurtis wrote:
@FS4Enthusiast wrote:
Anyway, it was a good read. Most of it was a trip down memory lane but there were definitely a few things in there that I had no clue about.  

My dinar story would be pretty short and boring, since I had nowhere near the impact of either of you guys, but maybe I'll type it up anyway. There might be a few things that might at least be mildly amusing to one or two people. 

Tony has/had his huge My Dinar Story thread, is there a similar one here at Dinar Daily?  Would be fun to compare and contrast.
Type it up I would love to read it

Will do.  I'll have a few drinks first, maybe that'll punch it up a little and make it more amusing. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Our New Dinar Book
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: THE FAMILY ROOM :: GENERAL DISCUSSION-
Jump to: