Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Join Us for Dinar Discussions and More -- We Keep it REAL

HomeSearchMemberlistFAQLog inRegister
Help Us Drain the SWAMP in DINARLAND

REPORT TONY RENFROW for violating his Court Order to stay away from Dinar -

Judge's email: ksd_murguia_chambers@ksd.uscourts.gov
PHONE - 913-735-2340

DA's email: Scott.Rask@usdoj.gov
PHONE - 913-551-6730
DINAR INFORMATION LINKS

PARTNER SITES
Key Words
Adam Montana, AdminBill, Benjamin Fulford, Currency Exchange, David Schmidt, Dinar, Dinar Guru, Dinar Recaps, Dinar Rv, Dinar Scam, Dr Clarke, Frank26, Gary Larrabee, Gurus, Guru Hunters, JerzyBabkowski, Kaperoni, Kenny, Monetary Reform, Mnt Goat, My Ladies, Okie, Poppy, RamblerNash, Ray Renfrow, Redenomination, Revaluation, Ssmith, TNTBS, Tnt Tony, WING IT, We Are The People, Willis Clark, WSOMN, Yosef, Zap
Share | 

15% vs 35%

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:51 am

15% vs long term @35% -Wouldn"t that end up being 50%? I find that redundant, think about it- y"all willing to give the IRS half of your investment? That would be a ripoff-think it isn"t?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:54 am

Twisted Evil I"m talking about 15% to cash in short term, and then capital gains on top of that? Which is it? Or both- just inquiring-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
therealbutterfly
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:03 am

Its one or the other. plus your state taxes. talk to your CPA to protect yourself. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Terbo56
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:04 am

Thankyou 4 the short of it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bobbysac
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:06 am

[quote="terbo56@yahoo.com"] Twisted Evil I"m talking about 15% to cash in short term, and then capital gains on top of that? Which is it? Or both- just inquiring-[/quote

you will have to pay short or long term or reg income,if you had it more than a year its long term ,15%
short term is 35% not %50,depends how long you have had it ,ask your tax att about that to be sure ,good luck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
utjdd

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:47 am

Capital gains rates are 35% for anything held less than a year and 15% for anything over a year. I think someone was saying that there would be a special 15% rate if you cashed in early. I am not sure about that but it would not be both. There will be a ton of discussion on this since there is other areas of the tax code that could come into play but capital gains tax rates are pretty straight forward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LMN777

PostSubject: 15% 45 days after cash-in FACT of FICTION???   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:57 am

Has any one been able to verify the rumor of a flat rate of 15% if you pay it within 45 days of cash-in? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
LMN777
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IL62881

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:03 pm

[ WE ARE NOT paying any taxes until next April 15th, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. We are not required to and we don't have to just because this admin thinks they are obligated to our taxes. Put your tax money in an account and it can draw interest and pay it when IT IS DUE! not one day before.

We are not
supporting this admin/gov in anyway and certainly not with our new money, I don't believe that even God expects us to support this gov. except in prayer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OKie_GEM
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Short Term Capital Gains Tax   Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Folks,
Read your tax laws, Please! Short term capital gains is NOT, repeat NOT a straight 35%.
Read please.
Short term Capital Gains is NOT ordinary incorme BUT is taxed at the same rate that you will pay on your Ordinary income for that year. Hence, if you are in the 15% tax bracket for this year, 2011, then your short term tax will be 15%. If you are in the 35% backet, yes you will pay 35% STCG tax.
Please consult your CPA/Tax attorney.
As OKie has said, pay close attention to the term INVESTMENT that is used in the tax code. Did you buy this for an investment? Or, did you just happen to have a lot of worthless currency laying around because you planned on making a visit there someday? Very important point that can quite possibly save you millions.
Be Smart!
OKie_GEM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justpassntime
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:30 pm

@IL62881 wrote:
[ WE ARE NOT paying any taxes until next April 15th, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. We are not required to and we don't have to just because this admin thinks they are obligated to our taxes. Put your tax money in an account and it can draw interest and pay it when IT IS DUE! not one day before.

We are not
supporting this admin/gov in anyway and certainly not with our new money, I don't believe that even God expects us to support this gov. except in prayer.

Tax deadline for this year is Tuesday April 17 2012 gives you a few extra days to hide money. :happyjoy:

also see ***Tax Info*** posted in GENERAL DISCUSSION

Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Wink
If you can't laugh at yourself, you probably see no humor in anything. 🤡
Things you should never talk about on OOM, they will surely start an argument, religion, politics and the rv. Rolling Eyes

Currency Revaluation Awareness Propaganda Analyst :study:

Army---Navy----Air Force-----Marines---Coast Guard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gridkeeper

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:51 pm

@utjdd wrote:
Capital gains rates are 35% for anything held less than a year and 15% for anything over a year. I think someone was saying that there would be a special 15% rate if you cashed in early. I am not sure about that but it would not be both. There will be a ton of discussion on this since there is other areas of the tax code that could come into play but capital gains tax rates are pretty straight forward.

No they are not. Where are you getting this?
They are only 35% if you are in the 35% tax bracket for normal income.

Someone in the 10% bracket, for instance would only pay 10% for short term.

etc.

There are several online calculators that will calculate it for you.
The problem is: Do Capital Gains even apply? Section 988 is like reading 'Greek'. I can't figure it out for anything. Shouldn't it have to make sense? It does not. Even to the experts. The conservative ones think it is just better to pay the IRS the rates for ordinary income anyway, just in case. Can't blame them. Tax attorneys have their necks on the line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sharethesecret
Forum Friend
Forum Friend

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:10 pm

I found a great chart on Wikipedia which will show you how much tax you will pay...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_gains_tax_in_the_United_States

Hope this helps!

Thoughts Become Things... Wink
Share The Secret
Back to top Go down
View user profile
justpassntime
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:18 pm

@gridkeeper wrote:
@utjdd wrote:

No they are not. Where are you getting this?
They are only 35% if you are in the 35% tax bracket for normal income.

Someone in the 10% bracket, for instance would only pay 10% for short term.

etc.

There are several online calculators that will calculate it for you.
The problem is: Do Capital Gains even apply? Section 988 is like reading 'Greek'. I can't figure it out for anything. Shouldn't it have to make sense? It does not. Even to the experts. The conservative ones think it is just better to pay the IRS the rates for ordinary income anyway, just in case. Can't blame them. Tax attorneys have their necks on the line.

gridkeeper is right...

Short-term capital gains are taxed at ordinary income tax rates up to 35%. Long-term capital gains (assets held for more than one year) are taxed at 0%% for taxpayers in the 10% and 15% tax brackets and 15% for taxpayers in the 25%, 28%, 33%, and 35% tax brackets. The 0% tax rates for those in the 10% and 15% tax brackets was a special provision in the bush-era tax cuts which were extended to 2013.

Anything worth having is worth waiting for. Wink
If you can't laugh at yourself, you probably see no humor in anything. 🤡
Things you should never talk about on OOM, they will surely start an argument, religion, politics and the rv. Rolling Eyes

Currency Revaluation Awareness Propaganda Analyst :study:

Army---Navy----Air Force-----Marines---Coast Guard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
danlourie

PostSubject: Re: 15% vs 35%    Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Please be extremely careful thinking you don't have to pay taxes until 04/12 - there are specific financial 'events' that trigger the requirement for estimated quarterly taxes to be paid - your accountant or tax attorney needs to weigh in on your specific situation. Failure to pay quarterly estimated taxes if needed will result in penalties - that's the last thing I want to pay!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

15% vs 35%
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Dinar Daily :: ARCHIVES of PAST GURU POSTS and PREDICTIONS :: The Old OKIE OIL MAN FORUM ARCHIVES-