Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships

Go down

US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships Empty US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships

Post by Ponee Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:02 pm

US releases video it says shows Iranian rockets near American warships File-10-14925605825173183

WASHINGTON: The US Navy released black-and-white video on Saturday it said was taken by an American helicopter showing an Iranian Revolutionary Guards vessel firing unguided rockets on Dec. 26 near warships including the aircraft carrier USS Harry S Truman in the Strait of Hormuz.

Iran on Dec. 31 denied that its Revolutionary Guards vessels had launched the rockets as the United States claimed, with a Revolutionary Guards spokesman saying the “false” accusation was “akin to psychological warfare.”

The US Navy said the infrared radar footage showed an Iranian “fast inshore attack craft” launching several rockets on Dec. 26 “in close proximity” to the Truman, the guided missile destroyer USS Bulkeley, the French naval frigate FS Provence and commercial ships in the busy waterway.

The dispute underscored the ongoing tensions between the United States and Iran despite last year’s international agreement to curb Iran’s nuclear program.
The video, taken by a Seahawk helicopter, runs about 30 seconds. The Navy said the rockets were fired “within an internationally recognized maritime traffic lane” as the Truman and the other ships were passing through the Strait of Hormuz into the Gulf.
The US military on Dec. 29 made public its account of the incident. A US Central Command spokesman at the time called the Iranian actions “highly provocative, unsafe and unprofessional” and said they called into question Iran’s commitment to the security of a waterway vital to international commerce.

Central Command also said at the time that Iran had provided only 23 minutes of advance notification of its intention to fire rockets. It said the Truman and the two other warships were part of the US-led coalition supporting air strikes against Islamic State forces in Iraq and Syria.

Iran and six world powers, including the United States, reached a deal last July to remove certain US, European Union and UN sanctions on Tehran in exchange for Iran accepting limits on its nuclear program.

http://www.arabnews.com/middle-east/news/863016

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum