Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble?

2 posters

Go down

Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? Empty Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble?

Post by Kevind53 Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:17 pm

By Dunstan Prial
Published August 24, 2015
FOXBusiness

For months – and in some cases years – a boisterous group of market analysts has contended that stock markets are way overvalued, artificially lifted by years of Federal Reserve stimulus in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis.

Even Fed Chair Janet Yellen has not once, but twice alluded to elevated stock market valuations, first suggesting in July 2014 during Congressional testimony that biotech stocks were possibly nearing bubble territory.

She reiterated her point on valuations in May this year at a conference in Washington, D.C.

“I would highlight that equity market valuations at this point generally are quite high. Now they’re not so high when you compare the returns on equities to the returns on safe assets like bonds which are also very low, but there are potential dangers there.”

Now with the turbulence in China’s financial markets causing volatility in U.S. stocks not seen since late 2008, some analysts point out that the U.S. economy remains mostly sound and that U.S. stocks had room to fall.

In other words, letting a bit of air out of an inflated market isn’t such a bad thing.

Markets plunged more than 1,000 points at Monday’s opening, the sharpest intra-day decline in the history of the Dow Jones Industrial average. Buyers quickly stepped into the void, however, and by 10:30 a.m. ET the Dow was down a still-steep, but far more manageable, 380 points.

David Kelly, chief global strategist at JPMorgan Funds, noted that the selloff in U.S. stocks that began last week is apparently based solely on fears related to China. The U.S. economy, he noted, is on pretty firm ground.

“U.S. economic weakness isn’t behind the selloff – economic numbers since the start of this month have been generally very positive, with a solid employment report, very strong vehicle sales, and better-than-expected readings on retail sales, housing starts and existing home sales,” Kelly said.

And economic data set for release this week – notably a revision to second quarter GDP that is expected to be revised upward from its original reading – “should also be generally cheerful,” Kelly said.

Fed Rate Decision Not Tied to Stock Markets

What’s more, Kelly said by some technical measurements stocks aren’t overvalued when compared to average valuations over the past two decades.

“In absolute terms, valuations look average – in relative terms, they look cheap,” he said.

An imminent decision by the Fed on the timing of the first interest-rate hike since the financial crisis should also not be blamed for the current selloff, according to Kelly. The Fed has been telegraphing the move for months and policy makers have made it clear that rate hikes will be gradual once they start.

Besides, the Fed hasn’t tied itself to a liftoff date, saying repeatedly that the decision will be data-dependent, which leaves room for the central bank to postpone the rate hike beyond September when the decision was widely-expected.

But if the move is delayed it won’t be because central bankers fear a market selloff. It will be delayed because central bankers fear higher borrowing costs brought on by higher interest rates will create an obstacle to the ongoing economic recovery.

New York Fed President William Dudley said as much late last year: “Let me be clear, there is no Fed equity market put. To put it another way, we do not care about the level of equity prices, or bond yields or credit spreads per se. Instead, we focus on how financial market conditions influence the transmission of monetary policy to the real economy."

Dudley added, “At times, a large decline in equity prices will not be problematic for achieving our goals. For example, economic conditions may warrant a tightening of financial market conditions. If this happens mainly via the channel of equity price weakness--that is not a problem, as it does not conflict with our objectives.”

Follow Dunstan Prial on Twitter @DunstanPrial

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2015/08/24/just-letting-some-air-out-bubble/?intcmp=marketfeatures

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? 2805820865  Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? 2805820865  Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? 2805820865  Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble? Empty Re: Just Letting Some Air Out of the Bubble?

Post by Ponee Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:07 pm

THANKS !

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum