Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support

Go down

UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support Empty UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support

Post by Ponee Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:56 pm

London (AFP) - British police charged high-profile radical preacher Anjem Choudary with inviting support for the Islamic State jihadist group through lectures and social media on Wednesday.

UK radical preacher charged with inviting IS support Part-DV-DV2096098-1-1-0

The 48-year-old, who has been frequently interviewed by British and US media on his views on Islam and the Middle East, protested his innocence in court in a 20-minute speech outlining his indication to plead not guilty.

He and a second man, Mohammed Mizanur Rahman, 32, appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court in London charged with one offence contrary to section 12 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

"We have concluded that there is sufficient evidence and it is in the public interest to prosecute Anjem Choudary and Mohammed Rahman for inviting support for ISIL [Islamic State], a proscribed terrorist organisation," said Sue Hemming, Head of Special Crime and Counter Terrorism at the Crown Prosecution Service.

"It is alleged that Anjem Choudary and Mohammed Rahman invited support for ISIS in individual lectures which were subsequently published online."

Choudary, a London-born former lawyer of Pakistani descent who represented himself in court, waved his case notes around during his speech in the dock.

The bearded preacher has built up a high profile through his often-controversial views in lectures and on social media.

The press benches were full as prosecutors told the court Choudary had used social media to encourage support of Islamic State, which has brutally carved out areas of control in Syria and Iraq.

Choudary is the former head in Britain of Islam4UK or al-Muhajiroun, a group that called for Islamic law in Britain and which was banned under counter-terrorism legislation in 2010.

He and Rahman both refused to stand as the chief magistrate Howard Riddle left the court.
Both men were arrested on September 25 last year.

They were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey in London, England's Central Criminal Court, on August 28.

The Conservative government of Prime Minister David Cameron vowed to clamp down on extremists it blames for radicalising young people after hundreds of recruits were reported to have left Britain to join Islamic State.

Cameron last month promised new legislation to "put out of action the key extremist influencers who are careful to operate just inside the law, but who clearly detest British society and everything we stand for".

http://news.yahoo.com/uk-radical-preacher-charged-inviting-support-131158741.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=DTN+Iraq:

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum