Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

Why TNT Members Still Believe DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

Why TNT Members Still Believe

Go down

Why TNT Members Still Believe Empty Why TNT Members Still Believe

Post by Ssmith on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:48 pm

I found this on another site and think it describes exactly what is going on at TNT right now.

Disconfirmed expectancy was famously illustrated in the 1956 book "When Prophecy Fails" by Leon Festinger, Henry W. Riecken, and Stanley Schachter. The book gave an inside account of a doomsday cult led by Dorothy Martin (given the alias "Marion Keech" to preserve her privacy), of Chicago. Martin claimed to have received messages from aliens forecasting a flood that would end the world on December 21, 1954. Festinger and his researchers took the chance to pretend to be a part of the cult in order to observe its behaviors and reaction when the flood failed to occur. Furthermore, Festinger's theory of cognitive dissonance, which would be published the following year, predicted that the failure of the prophecy would not break the cult. Instead the group members would look for ways to justify their actions and maintain confidence in the cult.

Some members abandoned the group when the prophecy failed to be fulfilled, but most stayed. Those who stayed did not have weakened resolve.

There was in fact an increase in their proselytization and their fervor for the new religion. The prediction of the Earth's destruction became a disconfirmed expectancy which resulted in the dissonant cognitions "the world is going to end" and "the world did not end".

Those who left the cult accepted that they were wrong and discarded their false cognition. Those who stayed instead looked for ways to explain the event in a way that would maintain their beliefs. Eventually they came to the agreement that the planet was spared because of their prayers and actions.
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Why TNT Members Still Believe Empty Re: Why TNT Members Still Believe

Post by Kevind53 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:53 pm

omg OH I want so badly to make a nasty political comment ... but I won't ...

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Why TNT Members Still Believe 2805820865  Why TNT Members Still Believe 2805820865  Why TNT Members Still Believe 2805820865  Why TNT Members Still Believe 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BritishBulldog on Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:14 pm

@Kevind53 wrote:omg OH I want so badly to make a nasty political comment ... but I won't ...

Do it Kevin....I have a feeling I know what it's going to be but I want to hear what you have to say!!! 

And no being butt hurt if it's something that you personally don't like....remember everyone here has the right to an opinion even if it is not the same as yours...
BritishBulldog
BritishBulldog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ssmith on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:39 pm

I say everyone is entitled to their own opinion.....no matter how wrong it is!!
Ssmith
Ssmith
GURU HUNTER
GURU HUNTER

Back to top Go down

Post by ChicagoRJW on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:13 am

It was a great DREAM if the Dinar actually would RV but in reality...if it sounds too good to be true...well then...!For a short while we all had hopes that the RV would happen, now it seems like we need to move on with life and keep the Dinar we have and maybe...just maybe something will happen. Unfortunately many people have been counting on this god saving RV to make our lives better immediately and I was one of those people. Today I have come to the conclusion that only I can make a difference and should the "miracle" of the RV happen...thank God...!

ChicagoRJW

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:12 am

Wise conclusion

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Why TNT Members Still Believe 2805820865  Why TNT Members Still Believe 2805820865  Why TNT Members Still Believe 2805820865  Why TNT Members Still Believe 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum