Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State

2 posters

Go down

World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State Empty World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State

Post by Ponee Fri May 01, 2015 12:35 pm

BEIRUT,— The World Bank is seeking to finance development projects in areas in Iraq that the government has recaptured from Islamic State militants, its regional vice president said.

Hafez Ghanem also said he would meet with Iraqi officials and discuss ways to help the government tackle a budget deficit caused by a drop in oil revenues when he visits Iraq this week.

Cheap oil is ravaging Iraq’s state finances and the government faces rising military spending from its battle against the hardline militant group Islamic State, which has killed thousands and destroyed services and infrastructure.

The group overran a third of the country last summer and control territory in Iraq and Syria.

“There are areas that the government liberated from Daesh (Islamic State) but it suffers from a lack of infrastructure, education and health (services). So I will try to see if we can help by financing projects to improve life in these areas,” Ghanem said in an interview in Lebanon.

BOOST FOR REGION
The undertaking is part of a wider plan to boost the World Bank’s investments in the Middle East and North Africa in the coming years, Ghanem told Reuters.
“You have political problems, civil wars and security issues so it is difficult to achieve economic development. But at the same time I think that economic growth is important as part of the solution to political problems afflicting the region.”

In Syria, civil war has brought an economic collapse and almost two thirds of the population live in extreme poverty. Neighboring Lebanon hosts more than 1 million Syrian refugees and has lost billions of dollars in state revenues and other expenditures as a result of the conflict next door.

The World Bank had set up a trust fund to support development projects in Lebanese communities under strain from the refugee influx, but that it received minimal funding.

“We as the international community should help Lebanon to face this challenge. That is why as the World Bank we are not only increasing our investment in the country but we are also trying to bring in or convince other organizations to increase investments for Syrian refugees,” he said.
The bank wants to increase its portfolio in Lebanon to $2.3 billion from $1.1 billion in the next four years, Ghanem said, citing a government report that it needed $1 billion over at least two years to cope with the crisis.
Other countries where spending would be stepped up include Tunisia and Egypt, he said.

By Mariam Karouny
Copyright ©, respective author or news agency, Reuters

http://ekurd.net/wor...tate-2015-04-29

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State Empty Re: World Bank plans help for regions in Iraq liberated from Islamic State

Post by Toby1 Sat May 02, 2015 2:54 pm

This is good business from both the IMF and the World Bank. The IMF is loaning Iraq money and the World Bank is loaning Iraq 2 loans. 35 years at 1.5% They need to save Iraq and this experiment of democracy in the middle east hot bed. I like to see all this support for Iraq. (plus our congress) They need it, IF they are going to move this country forward before the terrorists take it away.
Toby1
Toby1
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum