Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken

Go down

Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken Empty Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken

Post by Ponee Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:30 pm

Looting in Iraq's Tikrit after city retaken Part-NIC-Nic6435800-1-1-0

Tikrit (Iraq) (AFP) - Pro-government militiamen were seen looting shops in the centre of the Iraqi city of Tikrit on Wednesday after its recapture from the Islamic State jihadist group in a month-long battle.

The militiamen took items including clothing, shampoo and shaving cream from two shops in central Tikrit before driving away.

Two trucks were also seen leaving Tikrit loaded with new tyres, a generator and a mirror that fell out and shattered on the highway.

While localised, the incidents raise concerns over how the myriad militiamen now in the city will conduct themselves.

As they have in other areas, militiamen also spray painted the names of their groups on houses and shops in the city, including on unbroken windows that had survived the fighting.

Baghdad turned to Shiite militias to bolster its flagging forces after Islamic State group (IS) jihadists led a sweeping offensive that overran large areas north and west of Baghdad last year.
They have played a major role in successful operations against IS, but have also been accused of abuses including summary executions, kidnappings.

Human Rights Watch said this month that both security forces and militias "engaged in deliberate destruction of civilian property" after breaking a months-long siege of the town of Amerli last year.
UN chief Ban Ki-moon said during a visit to Baghdad this week that Iraq must "bring volunteer armed groups fighting in support of the government under government control".

"Civilians freed from the brutality of Daesh should not have to then fear their liberators," he said, using an Arabic acronym for IS.

http://news.yahoo.com/looting-iraqs-tikrit-city-retaken-195003274.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum