Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study

2 posters

Go down

World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study Empty World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study

Post by Ponee Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:03 pm

World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study World_debt.si

Global debt has soared by $57 trillion since the outbreak of the financial crisis in 2007, with the debt to GDP ratio jumping to above 500 percent in Japan. This raises questions about financial stability and poses a threat of another crisis.

“After the 2008 financial crisis and the longest and deepest global recession since World War II, it was widely expected that the world’s economies would deleverage. It has not happened. Instead, debt continues to grow in nearly all countries, in both absolute terms and relative to GDP. This creates fresh risks in some countries and limits growth prospects in many,” according to new research carried out by consultants McKinsey in 47 countries.

The amount of world debt reached $199 trillion at the end of 2014, with the growth rate exceeding the pace of global economic expansion and the debt to GDP ratio increased from 269 to 286 percent.

“Higher levels of debt pose questions about financial stability and whether some countries face the risk of a crisis.”

Source: Debt and (not much) deleveraging, McKinsey Global Institute

“We conclude that, absent additional steps and new approaches, business leaders should expect that debt will be a drag on GDP growth and continue to create volatility and fragility in financial markets,”the McKinsey report says.

Deleveraging remains limited to a handful of sectors in some countries. The only countries that managed to cut their debt were Argentina, Romania, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Geographically, Ireland was the country where the debt to GDP ratio saw a record increase – of 172 percent. The ratio in Japan added 64 percent and remains the world’s highest at 400 percent. In Russia, the debt to GDP ratio saw a moderate growth by 19 percent, remaining relatively low at 65 percent.

China is one of the key concerns as debt there has skyrocketed almost quadrupling, from $7.4 trillion in 2007 to $28.2 trillion in mid-2014. The debt-to-GDP ratio reached 282 percent comparing to 269 percent of the US. Although total Chinese debt is still manageable, experts are concerned with worrisome levels of debt in the property sector and the rapid expansion of shadow banking.

“China’s total debt, as a percentage of GDP, now exceeds that of the United States.”

Falling debt in the financial sector and a retreat in many of the riskiest forms of shadow banking are the only bright spots in the report. But the overall global debt burden “has reached new levels despite the pain of the financial crisis,” the report said.

Households across the world have also significantly increased their debt, with their debt relative to income having decreased in only five advanced economies - the United States, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Germany. In such developed countries as Australia, Canada, Denmark, Sweden and the Netherlands, as well as Malaysia, South Korea and Thailand, the debt exceeds the pre-crisis level.

To avoid another crisis, the governments might take recourse to new ways of reducing the national debt such as larger sales of assets, non-recurrent wealth taxes and more effective programs of debt restructuring, the report said.

“Policy makers will need to consider a full range of responses to reduce debt as well as innovations to make debt less risky and make the impact of a future crisis less catastrophic.”

2015-02-07

http://rt.com/business/229883-world-debt-sharp-increase/

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study Empty Re: World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study

Post by Kevind53 Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:13 pm

China is one of the key concerns as debt there has skyrocketed almost quadrupling, from $7.4 trillion in 2007 to $28.2 trillion in mid-2014. The debt-to-GDP ratio reached 282 percent comparing to 269 percent of the US.
As I have been saying, China is not the economic juggernaut the gurus and NESARA types claim. In reality, as I have said before, they are in worse economic shape that the US. Perhaps even worse, as their economy is heavily dependent upon exports to the US, while the US economy is not dependent upon any one country.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study 2805820865  World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study 2805820865  World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study 2805820865  World record debt of $199trn could drag economies into another crisis - study 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum