Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk

Go down

Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   Empty Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk

Post by Cascadian Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:41 pm

The Islamic State jihadist group killed a senior Kurdish commander and five fighters major attack in Iraq's Kirkuk province today, while bombings elsewhere left a further 27 dead.

The assault on areas south and west of the northern city of Kirkuk began at around midnight, sparking fighting with medium and heavy weapons that was still ongoing this morning.

Brigadier General Shirko Rauf and five other members of the Kurdish peshmerga forces were killed in clashes and 46 more were wounded, a police officer and a doctor said.  

Atif al-Najjar, a commander in the Badr militia, said 500 volunteer 'popular mobilisation' fighters have moved from the town of Tuz Khurmatu to positions in three areas south of Kirkuk to help defend against ISIS. 

The Kirkuk province security committee announced a curfew beginning at 10am (7am GMT), saying it will be in effect until further notice.
A car bomb also exploded near security headquarters in central Kirkuk city, wounding five people, a police colonel and the doctor said.
According to the colonel, suicide bombers who were also armed with other weapons tried to take up positions on the roof of a hotel in the city, but were killed by security forces before they could do so.

Meanwhile, security sources said at least 18 people were killed when two bombs went off in Baghdad's Bab al-Sharqi district on Friday morning, home to a large market and across the Tigris river from the Green Zone, which houses most government buildings.

Bombings are frequent in Baghdad, where Sunni insurgents from Islamic State, which controls large swathes of territory in Iraq's north and west, regularly conduct suicide attacks.

Police officials say the Friday morning attack started with a bomb exploding near carts selling used clothes in the city's central Bab al-Sharqi area. 

The second explosion, caused by a car bomb, went off two minutes later targeting people who rushed to help the victims from the first blast.

Three civilians were later killed and at least 10 others wounded in northwestern Baghdad when mortars landed in residential neighbourhoods, police and medics said.

Police in the holy city of Samarra, about 125 km (80 miles) north of the capital, said two suicide bombers targeted a security checkpoint in the city centre, killing three and wounding five members of the police and Shi'ite militias.

Police say they thwarted a third suicide attack by shooting a suspected militant.

But clashes broke out on the western outskirts of Samarra following another explosion, with police and militias battling Islamic State fighters.

Samarra holds potent symbolism for Iraqis. 

In February 2006 Sunni militants blew up a shrine to the ninth century Imam Askari, triggering revenge attacks by Shi'ites which tipped Iraq into years of sectarian violence.

Iraq is facing its worst crisis since the 2011 withdrawal of U.S. troops. 
Militants from the Islamic State group now control about a third of the country.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2932859/Dozens-die-wave-ISIS-bombings-Iraq-terror-group-kills-senior-Kurdish-commander-major-attack-Kirkuk.html#ixzz3QKfg2GrI 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk   Empty Re: Dozens die in wave of ISIS bombings across Iraq as terror group kills Kurdish commander in major attack on Kirkuk

Post by Cascadian Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:42 pm

ISIS is still forming and executing attacks.  Sounds like this one is serious.  The bombings are also a concern.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum