Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane

Go down

Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane Empty Supposedly ISIS has been fully run out of Kobane

Post by Cascadian Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:28 pm

aff Writer, Al Arabiya News
Monday, 26 January 2015
Kurdish forces were in complete control of the Syrian town of Kobane near the Turkish border on Monday after months of fighting with the militant group Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitoring group has said. 

The Syrian Kurdish forces have been backed by near daily U.S.-led airstrikes around the town, known as Ayn al-Arab in Arabic, and supported by Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga forces.

But the Pentagon declined to declare the battle for Kobane was over or declare that ISIS forces had been entirely pushed out after a four-month battle that became a focal point in the international fight against the group.

“I am not prepared to say the battle there is won. The battle continues. But as of now, friendly forces ... I believe, have the momentum,” said Pentagon spokesman Colonel Steve Warren.

U.S. and coalition forces launched 17 air strikes near Kobane since Sunday, the military said earlier.

The Pentagon last Friday said about 70 percent of the city was in control of Kurdish forces.

Warren did not provide an updated figure on Monday, even as the monitoring group Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Syrian Kurdish YPG forces had retaken the town, close to the Turkish border.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum