Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq

Go down

65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq Empty 65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq

Post by Cascadian Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:50 pm

BAGHDAD, Jan. 25 (Xinhua) -- A total of 56 people were killed in the clashes between security forces and the Islamic State (IS) militants across Iraq and 9 others killed in bomb attacks targeting restaurants in the capital Baghdad on Sunday, security sources said.

In Iraq's eastern province of Diyala, the security forces backed by Shiite militiamen and aircraft retook control of eight villages in the rural area in northeast of the volatile town of Maqdadiyah, some 100 km northeast of Baghdad, after fierce clashes with the IS militants, leaving at least 35 IS militants killed, an Interior Ministry statement quoted Lieutenant General Jamil al-Shimary, the provincial police chief, as saying.

By Sunday's battles, the troops have freed the whole area of Shirween valley and redeployed later to free the remaining small area in north of Maqdadiyah which still under the IS control, the statement said.

The battles in Diyala were part of a major offensive by the Iraqi forces and allied Shiite militias launched early Friday with the aim of ending the presence of the extremist militants in whole Iraq's eastern province of Diyala.

In Anbar province, the IS militants clashed with the Iraqi forces in al-Khasfa area in west of the town of Haditha, some 200 km northwest of Baghdad, which has been freed on Thursday by the Iraqi forces from the extremist militants, leaving 12 security members killed and seven others wounded, a provincial security source anonymously told Xinhua.

The battle also resulted in the killing of four IS militants and the capture of three others, the source said.

Separately, clashes erupted between the Iraqi security forces backed by allied Sunni tribesmen and the IS militants in south of the militants-seized city of Fallujah, some 50 km west of Baghdad, leaving five IS militants killed and 12 others wounded, the source added.

Earlier in the day, a police source told Xinhua that a total of nine people were killed and 27 wounded in three bomb attacks targeting restaurants in Baghdad.

Five people were killed and 12 others wounded when a bomb hidden in a plastic bag detonated in a restaurant in Bab al-Sharji area in downtown Baghdad.

Another bomb went off near a small restaurant in al-Sibaa area in central Baghdad, left three people killed and eight others wounded, the source said.

A third bomb attack ripped through a restaurant in Habibiyah area in eastern the capital, killing a civilian and wounding seven others, he added.

The security situation in Iraq began to drastically deteriorate on June 10, 2014, when bloody clashes broke out between the Iraqi security forces and the IS group, an al-Qaida offshoot, who took control of the country's northern province of Nineveh and later seized swathes of territories after Iraqi security forces abandoned their posts in other predominantly Sunni provinces.

The country has been witnessing some of the worst violence in years, killing at least 12,282 civilians and injuring 23,126 others in 2014, the deadliest year since the flare-up of sectarian violence in 2006-2007, according to a recent UN report.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq Empty Re: 65 killed in clashes, bomb attacks in Iraq

Post by Cascadian Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Put 8 villages back in the Iraq column.  Again we see how 'security forces' and Shiite militias made it happen.  And Sunni militia as well.  I didn't see much mention of the army's role here.  And not even the typical "Iraqi army supported by security forces and tribesmen" that seem all too common.

I tell ya, I do look long and hard to try to find articles that show Iraqi progress.

Cascadian
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum