Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind

2 posters

Go down

9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind Empty Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind

Post by Ponee Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:23 pm

Source unknown

Peace of mind is the most sought after 'commodity' in human life. It appears that most of us are in a state of perpetual restlessness. On analyzing the causes of this restlessness, I have ventured to find for myself ten solutions that need to be followed religiously if we are serious about achieving perfect peace of mind.

1. Do not interfere in others' business

Most of us create our own problems by interfering too often in others' affairs. We do so because somehow we have convinced ourselves that our way is the best way, our logic is the perfect logic, and those who do not conform to our thinking must be criticized and steered to the right direction, our direction.

This kind of attitude on our part denies the existence of individuality and consequently the existence of God, for God has created each one of us in a unique way. No two human beings can think or act in exactly the same way. All men or women act the way they do because they are prompted to do so by the Divine within them. There is God to look after everything. Why are you bothered? Mind your own business and you will have your peace.

2. Forget and forgive

This is the most powerful aid to peace of mind. We often nurture ill feeling inside our heart for the person who insults or harms us. We forget that the insult or injury was done to us once but by nourishing the grievance we go on excavating the wound forever. Therefore it is essential that we cultivate the art of forgiving and forgetting. Believe in the justice of God and the doctrine of Karma. Let Him judge the act of the one who insulted you. Life is too short to waste in such trifles. Forget, forgive, and march on.

3. Do not crave for recognition

This world is full of selfish people. They seldom praise anybody without selfish motive. They may praise you today because you are rich and have power but no sooner you are powerless, they will forget your achievement and start criticizing you.

Moreover, no one is perfect. Then why do you value the words of praise of another mortal like you? Why do you crave for recognition? Believe in yourself. People's praises do not last long. Do your duties ethically and sincerely and leave the rest to God.

4. Do not be jealous

We all have experienced how jealousy can disturb our peace of mind. You know you work harder than your colleagues in the office but they get promotions, you do not. You started a business several years ago but you are not as successful as your neighbor whose business is only one year old. Should you be jealous? No, remember everybody's life is shaped by his previous Karma that has now become his destiny. If you are destined to be rich, not all the world can stop you. If you are not so destined, no one can help you either. Nothing will be gained by blaming others for your misfortune. Jealousy will not get you anywhere, but will only give you restlessness.

5. Change yourself according to the environment

If you try to change the environment single handedly, the chances are you may fail. Instead, change yourself to suit the environment. As you do this, even the environment, which has remained unfriendly for you, will mysteriously appear to be congenial and harmonious.

6. Endure what cannot be cured

This is the best way to turn a disadvantage into an advantage. Every day we face numerous inconveniences, ailments, irritations and accidents that are beyond our control. We must learn to endure them cheerfully thinking, "God will it so, so be it". God's logic is beyond our comprehension. Believe it and you will gain in patience, in inner strength, in will power.

7. Do not bite more than you can chew

This maxim should be always remembered. We often tend to take more responsibilities than we are capable to carry out. This is done to satisfy our ego. Know your limitations. Spend your free time on prayers, introspection and meditation. This will reduce those thoughts in your mind, which make you restless. Fewer the thoughts, greater is the peace of mind.

8. Pray or Meditate regularly

Prayer and/or Meditation makes the mind thoughtless. This is the highest state of peace of mind. Try and experience it. If you meditate earnestly for half an hour every day, you will tend to become calm during the remaining twenty-three and a half hours. Your mind will not be disturbed as much as before. This will increase your efficiency and you will turn out more work in less time.

9. Never leave the mind vacant

An empty mind is devil's workshop. All evil deeds start in the mind. Keep your mind occupied in something positive, something worthwhile. Actively follow a hobby. You must decide what you value more - money or peace of mind. Your hobby, like social work may not always earn you more money, but you will have a sense of fulfillment and achievement. Even if you are resting physically, occupy yourself in healthy reading or mental chanting of God's name (japa).

10. Do not procrastinate and never regret

Do not waste time in wondering "should I or shouldn't I?" Days, weeks, months and years may be wasted in that futile mental debating. You can never plan enough because you can never anticipate all future happenings. Always remember God has His own plan too. Value your time and do things. It does not matter if you fail the first time. You can rectify your mistakes and succeed the next time. Sitting back and worrying will lead to nothing. Learn from your mistakes but do not brood over the past. DO NOT REGRET! Whatever happened was destined to happen only that way. Take it as the will of God. You do not have the power to alter the course of God's will. Why cry?

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind Empty Re: Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind

Post by Please RV Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Very nice thoughts to ponder dear lady. 
May I add this quote which was just tweeted to me and I never knew he quoted such but certainly I am not surprised by seeing it :

"I HAVE DECIDED TO STICK WITH LOVE. HATE IS TOO GREAT A BURDEN TO BEAR" ----- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 

While as a guest I at times peak into your and other sites i do so for entertainment purposes mostly. To me that's what dinarland really is.
Sure there is so much corruption, misleading crap and such going on but why ruffle the feathers. If people fall for deception then it's their faults. And who are we to police all this ?  And after now a decade of the same old, same old it seems the authorities seem to have more pressing issues to deal with than the baloney and scams going on in dinar world. 
And no one here or other forums are judge, jury and executioner. Ask yourself if this whole thing consumes TOO MUCH of your precious time. 
The best thing Iraq could do as a favor to everyone concerned is just
enter internationally at 1166 or anything close to that and just quiet this great loud noise which smells of 1166 rotting eggs. The sooner the better !

Please RV

Back to top Go down

9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind Empty Re: Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind

Post by Goldiegirl Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:16 pm

Please RV wrote:Very nice thoughts to ponder dear lady. 
May I add this quote which was just tweeted to me and I never knew he quoted such but certainly I am not surprised by seeing it :

"I HAVE DECIDED TO STICK WITH LOVE. HATE IS TOO GREAT A BURDEN TO BEAR" ----- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 

While as a guest I at times peak into your and other sites i do so for entertainment purposes mostly. To me that's what dinarland really is.
Sure there is so much corruption, misleading crap and such going on but why ruffle the feathers. If people fall for deception then it's their faults. And who are we to police all this ?  And after now a decade of the same old, same old it seems the authorities seem to have more pressing issues to deal with than the baloney and scams going on in dinar world. 
And no one here or other forums are judge, jury and executioner. Ask yourself if this whole thing consumes TOO MUCH of your precious time. 
The best thing Iraq could do as a favor to everyone concerned is just
enter internationally at 1166 or anything close to that and just quiet this great loud noise which smells of 1166 rotting eggs. The sooner the better !

What does  your post have to do with Ponee's thread?  I think there is a hidden message in your post...JMO of course.

Since you brought up that you are a guest, I am very suspicious of guests posting this type of propaganda out of the blue.  JMO of course.
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:18 pm

Ponee, thank you for your lovely post.

Frankly I find #9 an impossibility...Not with my mind.  9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind 3508649203
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:15 pm

I  understand Goldi Girl.  I find several to be difficult.  Just because I find the post to be very enlightening and I would love to strive to embrace all points mentioned, doesn't mean I am able to do so.  But, I really like being able to read it and reflect on how to be a better me! 9 - Ten Commandments for Peace of Mind 230677302

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldiegirl Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:35 pm

I take #9 as an idle mind. About people just hanging out on a computer (OMG what am I saying as I sit her posting to you) all day and not doing anything productive.

Actually I am multi-tasking so not being idle.

The idle or vacant mind is reminding us to do something important with our life and not waste it on mindless activities..
Goldiegirl
Goldiegirl
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum