Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City

4 posters

Go down

These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Empty These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City

Post by Purpleskyz Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:49 am

These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City
OMG
NOVEMBER 19, 2014

Share This On Facebook

prev article next article

How amazing would it be to an aquatic explorer? You'd spend your life looking for the lost remnants of ships from the past, deep below the ocean's surface. You'd find lost treasure and other valuables scattered across the ocean floor or in old shipwrecks. Maybe one day you'd find the mother of all aquatic treasures - the lost city of Atlantis. (Plus...sharks!)
Underwater archaeologist Frank Goddio may not have found Atlantis, but he found something close. In the Mediterranean Sea, in the Abu Qir Bay on the coast of Egypt, there lies the sunken Egytian city of Thonis-Heracleion.  

That's right, a sunken city, lost thousands of years ago, was found in the Mediterranean Sea.

Enlarge this image
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Desktop-1416342443
imgur via reddit

Thonis Heracleion was a port city for Egypt founded in the 8th century B.C.

Enlarge this image
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Desktop-1416342442
imgur via reddit

Due to a series of natural disasters, the city was lost to the sea in the 8th century A.D.

Enlarge this image
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Desktop-1416342437
imgur via reddit

Frank Goddio and his team discovered the lost city, along with tons of artifacts and treasures from the ancient world.

Enlarge this image
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Desktop-1416342443
imgur via reddit

Here are some divers inspecting this ancient statue of a pharaoh.

Enlarge this image
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Desktop-1416342440
imgur via reddit

The team of divers were very careful when removing these ancient statues and bringing them to the surface.

Enlarge this image
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Desktop-1416342438
imgur via reddit

These really are incredible objects, and ones that give us information about this city and its culture.

Enlarge this image
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Desktop-1416342435
imgur via reddit

It's incredible how long these relics were lost deep in the Abu Qir Bay.

Enlarge this image
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Desktop-1416342434
imgur via reddit

This really was a monumental discovery, and certainly a dream for any underwater archaeologist.

Enlarge this image
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Desktop-1416342445
imgur via reddit
(via: reddit.com)
This is one of the coolest discoveries I've ever seen, and considering we've only explored around 5% of all the oceans on this planet, imagine how much more there is to discover.

Thanks to: http://o.viralnova.com

Posted at: http://www.oom2.com

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City 2245507099These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Empty Re: These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City

Post by Billyg Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Thanks for the share.
Billyg
Billyg
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City Empty Re: These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City

Post by Purpleskyz Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:43 pm

You are most welcome Billyg

Out Of Mind
www.oom2.com
These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City 2245507099These Divers Went Deep Into The Mediterranean And Discovered A Lost City 2245507099
Purpleskyz
Purpleskyz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyBoy Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:54 pm

That's pretty neat
RoyBoy
RoyBoy
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:19 am

Interesting stuff here !

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum