Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged? It has RIed?

Go down

ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? Empty ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged? It has RIed?

Post by Ponee on Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Springs:
Good morning everyone. Going back to the beginning we cannot exchange our ZIM's this morning. It is showing live but the banks will not exchange. I am confused about that most of us purchase the 100 and 50 2008 AA series Trillion dollar notes. Are they valid. Bloomberg does not say about what notes to exchange but Forex does. So we are seeing a IR right now with ZIM's. If an IR just happened  will any bank exchange today?

Jana Gillham:
I would also like to add,,that if this is an RI (not an RV)on the ZIM, then are the 0's lopped? Because I am unable to locate anything on the currency converter sites that reflects a lop of zeros.

Springs > Jana:
Yes , I understand about the 6 zero lop. With the IR it will not reflect on the exchange sites. This morning I will be opening a new business account and will ask about if they exchange the ZIM's today. I do not expect anything but always will ask. If I do get somewhere I will take of picture of exchange and post. But expect to wait like everyone until the RV/GCR.

Chrisdaddy:
I have a $200,000,000 Zim Note....can I take it to Travelex???

Springs > Chrisdaddy:
Going by the forex site.
$ 100,000 ZWL $ 310.22 USD 100000 Zimbabwe Dollar = 310.22 US Dollar
Double it would be $620.44
Not bad since I got this currency for free.

Jana Gillham > Chrisdaddy:
If you lop the 6 zeros (in theory) you would get about 50-60 cents US.

G T > Chrisdaddy:
No.....We Don't have an RV/GCR….Their not going to let us exchange ONE CURRENCY & Not the Other!!!   We Need an RV/GCR (then we can exchange ALL CURRENCIES at Once)

BlueBeach > G T:
Is it looking like the plan is to 'privately' RI these new currencies (ZIM/VNN/IQN etc) which allows groups with large amounts of these currencies to exchange, thus getting massive amounts of the old notes off the streets so to speak?

There are groups that have been buying large blocks (ie 'bricks') of ZWD for the past 2 weeks.  This 'private' RI makes these purchases make sense.

T.O.T:
Here is what I understand from this intel.

The zim has RI'ed.

The VNN is expected to sneak in at some point.

We are waiting on the gold to rise and dollar to fall. 

Is that expected hours, days, or weeks away.

Sounds really good and like we are moving forward.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? Empty Re: ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged? It has RIed?

Post by catman on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:01 pm

Has anyone else seen any Zimbabwe currency trading anywhere?  I can't find any announcement that says they reactivated any of their currency.
catman
catman
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? Empty Re: ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged? It has RIed?

Post by Kevind53 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Nope and you can still buy a 100T note on E-Bay for about 40 bucks ... A little history of the ZWL courtesy Wikipedia:

By the end of 2009 the Zimbabwean dollar was reported to have become largely irrelevant, with the economy by then being almost completely dollarized. Even the national postal service, Zimpost, was said to be charging customers postage in US Dollars, even though some of the stamps were in Zimbabwean Dollar denomination.

Zimbabwe finance minister, Tendai Biti, said in his first budget report, "The death of the Zimbabwe dollar is a reality we have to live with. Since October 2008 our national currency has become moribund."

In late January 2009, acting Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa announced that all Zimbabweans would be allowed to conduct business in any currency as a response to the hyperinflation crisis.

On 12 April 2009, media outlets reported that economic planning minister Elton Mangoma had announced the suspension of the local currency "for at least a year", effectively terminating the fourth dollar.

The ZWL is not even legal tender in their own country, and has not been so for over 5 years. So now they are trying to say it is back and that 100T note is worth over $3000 USD? Horse crap!

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? 2805820865  ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? 2805820865  ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? 2805820865  ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayzze on Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:37 pm

one words sums it up REALLY
Jayzze
Jayzze
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dinarstar on Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:23 pm

:spring1: ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? 3508649203 lmao  it's not EVEN worth horse-crap Kevin, these idiots  crap

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts."
Winston Churchill
(1874-1965)
hug

dinarstar
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:43 pm

It's been showing that same rate for over 12 bloody months! There is actually a small link on XE that says improtant information about the ZWD! Bloody hell LOL! I have trillions and trillions of the crap that I bought over a year ago now, ill advised and I listened. Oh well at least it was cheap lol!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:04 am

I do have to admit there is something appealing about owning trillions of dollars. I have been thinking about buying a sequential serial numbered set on e-bay and mounting and framing it for my office as a novelty piece.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? 2805820865  ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? 2805820865  ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? 2805820865  ZIM is showing live but it can not be exchanged?  It has RIed? 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by alleyrose on Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:59 am

Yes I bought mine off Ebay too LOL I mean seriously, people think a currency that can be bought off Ebay is going to make them rich LOL! Well I guess I did until I understood more LOL! I keep it all now to show my grandkids money from another country when they grow up!

All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us.........~Gandalf~

Come visit me: www.alleysplace.net
alleyrose
alleyrose
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum