Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
  Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.

Go down

Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.  Empty Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.

Post by Ponee Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:41 am

Iraqi forces recapture some ISIS-held territories

Published Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Iraqi forces regained control on Tuesday of part of a key highway linking Baghdad to the north where Amnesty International said jihadists had carried out a wave of ethnic cleansing.
Iraqi troops backed by militia have been pushing north after breaking a months-long jihadist siege by the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) fighters of the Shia Turkmen town of Amerli.

Visiting the town on Monday, outgoing prime minister Nuri al-Maliki vowed that the army would turn Iraq into a "graveyard" for ISIS.

A senior UN human rights official said the jihadist group had carried out "acts of inhumanity on an unimaginable scale," since it swept through much of the land north of Baghdad in June and then stormed minority areas last month.

Amnesty International accused the jihadists of "war crimes, including mass summary killings and abductions."

"The massacres and abductions being carried out by ISIS provide harrowing new evidence that a wave of ethnic cleansing against minorities is sweeping across northern Iraq," said its senior crisis response adviser Donatella Rovera.

ISIS has carried out beheadings, crucifixions and public stonings in areas under its control in Iraq and neighbouring northeastern Syria, where it has declared an Islamic "caliphate."
The breakthrough at Amerli on Sunday was the biggest success for the Iraqi government since the army's collapse across much of northern and north-central Iraq in June.

The United States carried out limited air strikes in the area during the Amerli operation, the first time it has expanded its more than three-week air campaign against ISIS outside the north.

On Tuesday, troops regained control of a stretch of the main highway to the north which had been closed by the miliants for almost three months, Army Staff Lieutenant General Abdulamir al-Zaidi said.

A senior militia commander said it would be be several days before the road reopened as sappers needed to clear it of mines and booby-traps planted by the retreating militants.
On Monday, troops and militiamen retook Sulaiman Bek and Yankaja, two towns north of Amerli that had been important militant strongholds.

Meanwhile, more pledges were made to provide arms to Iraq's Kurds, who are battling jihadists in the north and east.

Germany has announced that it will send anti-tank rocket launchers, rifles and hand grenades to support Kurdish forces.

German Chancellor Angela Merkel said Monday that an estimated 400 German nationals had travelled to Iraq and Syria to fight alongside jihadists, and that "we must fear these fighters could return one day."

Similar fears have been expressed by other Western governments. British Prime Minister David Cameron has announced tougher measures against suspected returning jihadists.
The United Nations mission to Iraq said on Monday that at least 1,420 people died in violence in August.

It said the figure did not include Anbar province, west of Baghdad, where the army has been battling militants all year.

ISIS and its allies control a large swathe of northeastern Syria as well as territory in Iraq, and its rule has been marked by repeated atrocities, some of them videotaped and posted on the Internet.

"The reports we have received reveal acts of inhumanity on an unimaginable scale," deputy UN rights chief Flavia Pansieri said on Monday.

The UN Human Rights Council unanimously agreed to send an emergency mission to Iraq to investigate ISIS atrocities.

"We are facing a terrorist monster," Iraqi Human Rights Minister Mohammed Shia al-Sudani told the council, adding that ISIS had carried out acts "equivalent to genocide and crimes against humanity."

Washington has said operations in Syria will be needed to defeat ISIS, but has so far ruled out any cooperation with the Syrian government.
(AFP, Al-Akhbar)

http://english.al-akhbar.com/content/iraqi-forces-recapture-some-isis-held-territories
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum