Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq

3 posters

Go down

UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq Empty UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq

Post by Ponee Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:03 am

UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq

Reuters
Posted: 09/01/2014 9:05 am EDT

UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq N-RAQQA-large570

By Stephanie Nebehay

GENEVA, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Islamist fighters have carried out atrocities on "an unimaginable scale" in months of fighting with Iraqi forces who have also killed detainees and shelled civilian areas, a U.N. official said in an emergency debate on the conflict on Monday.

Iraq's human rights minister, Mohammed Shia' Al Sudani, told the session that Islamic State militants, "oozing with barbarity", threatened his country and the world, but did not immediately respond to allegations against state troops.

Islamic State has grabbed large areas of Iraq and neighboring Syria, declaring a cross-border caliphate and driving hundreds of thousands from their homes. At least 1,420 people were killed in Iraq in August alone, U.N. figures showed on Monday.

The one-day session, called by Iraq with the support of allies including the United States, is expected to agree to Baghdad's request to send a team of U.N. experts to investigate crimes committed in the conflict.

There is "strong evidence" Islamic State and allied groups have carried out targeted killings, forced conversions, sexual abuse and torture in Iraq, U.N. Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights Flavia Pansieri said, opening the debate in Geneva.

"The reports we have received reveal acts of inhumanity on an unimaginable scale," she told the U.N. Human Rights Council, on its first meeting about the latest surge in violence. She later told Reuters she was referring to Islamic State.

Iraqi government forces and police had also committed acts that may amount to war crimes, Pansieri said.

"Systematic and intentional attacks on civilians may constitute war crimes and crimes against humanity. Individuals, including commanders, are responsible for these acts," Pansieri said, referring to crimes committed by both sides.

"BURNED ALIVE, BEHEADED"

Pansieri said she was particularly worried about the persecution of Christians, Yazidis, Shia, Turkmen and other ethnic groups by Islamic State forces that have swept through western and northern Iraq.

"These communities have lived side by side, on the same soil, for centuries and in some cases for millennia," she added. Such "ethnic and religious cleansing" may amount to crimes against humanity, Pansieri added.

Iraqi police have also executed detainees in Tal Afar and government-allied militias opened fire on a mosque in Khanaqin district northeast of Baghdad killing 73 men and boys, she said.

Iraqi soldiers have shelled towns and carried out air strikes near Kirkuk, Falluja, and Salahuddin, killing and injuring many dozens of civilians, she added.

Iraq's human rights minister Mohammed Shia' Al Sudani told the session Islamic State was threatening the makeup of his country.

"The land of ancient Babylon is subjected to threats starting to its very independence, they are attempting to change its demographic and cultural composition," he said in Arabic.

Islamic State was not just a problem for his country, he added. "It is a trans-national phenomenon that poses an imminent danger to all countries of the world, it defies all human rights principles and international law."

The U.S. ambassador to the rights forum, Stephen Harper, urged Iraq's Prime Minister designate Haider al-Abadi to set up a multi-ethnic government that would investigate all allegations against government forces and "terrorist groups".

"The stories that have emerged from ISIL's (Islamic State's) bloody assault on Iraq are the ones of nightmares. Christians and others have been driven from their homes with the threat of 'convert or die'," Harper said.

"The Yazidis have been buried alive, beheaded or killed in mass executions," he said.

Western and Gulf countries denounced Islamic State abuses. "This organization has nothing to do with Islam, even if they carry the name," said Kuwait's ambassador Jamal Al-Ghunaim.

But Russia and its ally Syria blamed Western and Arab states for allowing the Sunni extremists to thrive in the region.

Russia had supplied arms to counter Islamic State, including Sukhoi 25 strike aircraft, Moscow's ambassador Alexey Borodavkin said.

"ISIL acquired a huge potential: it now controls colossal financial resources that it has seized, is pursuing illegal oil trade and has a considerable arsenal of modern weaponry. All this could have been avoided if the international community had taken measures at the time to remove this cancer at an early stage of its formation," he said. (Additional reporting by Tom Miles; Editing by Andrew Heavens)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/01/iraq-atrocities-un_n_5747264.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq Empty Re: UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq

Post by hithere Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:50 pm

An ex-pilot instructor for the Iraqi Air Force who was in Iraq for the very beginning of U.S. war with Iraq. Once  said that Sadaam was bad but that Iraq needed somebody like Sadaam to control the people. The more I see how that country's gov't cant handle its own issues the more I believe that instructor.
hithere
hithere
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq Empty Re: UN Warns Of Atrocities On 'An Unimaginable Scale' In Iraq

Post by BritishBulldog Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:48 pm

The middle east has always been at war within itself...and it will always be at war within itself.   We should do 1 of 2 different things. Either pull out 100% and say Have at it.  ORRRRR  We go in there and just take the whole region over. It's an all or nothing thing. Neither one will ever happen...but lets be real...trying to go in there and stop them fighting and getting them to be nice is just pissing in the wind.
BritishBulldog
BritishBulldog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum