Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas

Go down

Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas Empty Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas

Post by Kevind53 Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:25 pm

Can't be 100% sure, but it seems like they left without offloading...

August 28, 2014 | 1310 GMT
An oil tanker carrying one million barrels of crude oil from Iraq's Kurdish region left the coast of Texas near Galveston where it was been for more than one month, a U.S. Coast Guard spokesman said, Kurdnet News reported Aug. 28. A U.S. court rejected an order Aug. 25 and determined the U.S. government could not seize the tanker's crude oil because it was outside of territorial waters.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas 2805820865  Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas 2805820865  Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas 2805820865  Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas Empty Oil tanker 'vanishes' with $100M cargo off Texas

Post by Kevind53 Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:27 pm

4:50 p.m. CDT August 31, 2014

The U.S. Coast Guard has lost track of a Kurdish tanker carrying $100 million in disputed oil off the coast of Texas, the Independent reports.

Headed for Galveston, the United Kalavyrvta was anchored at least 60 miles off-shore when it vanished from radar screens. The ship's haul fell under legal dispute when Iraq filed a lawsuit in U.S. courts, urging American officials to grab the ship's oil in Galveston because it belongs to Iraq, not the Kurdish National Government.

But Kurds say it's theirs, and insist they need oil-export dollars to survive and fund their future independence, the Washington Post reports.

In any case, a U.S. court denied the lawsuit Monday because America has no jurisdiction over ships more than 60 miles off the coast.

Meanwhile, the United Kalavyrvta may have moved beyond U.S. antennas or could be suffering technical problems, the U.S. Coast Guard says (or maybe it "voluntarily switched off its transmitter," says the Daily News).

It's not unusual for ships to vanish from radar systems when transporting disputed oil, Reuters notes: A few days ago, a Kamari ship with Kurdish oil "went dark" near Egypt's Sinai and turned up near Israel two days later, its oil gone.

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/world/2014/08/31/oil-tanker-vanishes-with-100m-cargo-off-texas/14908867/

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas 2805820865  Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas 2805820865  Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas 2805820865  Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Iraq: Kurdish Tanker Leaves Texas Empty Disputed Kurdish oil tanker mysteriously goes dark off Texas coast

Post by Kevind53 Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:32 pm

Hmm ... sounds like there is more to this than is being said. IF they were indeed free to deliver their oil as has been implied, why turn off your transponders and hide? Where are they headed? Lots of questions not many answers.

By Terry Wade and Anna Louie Sussman

HOUSTON Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:40pm EDT

(Reuters) - A tanker near Texas loaded with $100 million of disputed Iraqi Kurdish crude has disappeared from satellite tracking, the latest development in a high stakes game of cat-and-mouse between Baghdad and the Kurds.

The AIS ship tracking system used by the U.S. Coast Guard and Reuters on Thursday showed no known position for the United Kalavrvta, which was carrying 1 million barrels of crude and 95 percent full when it went dark.

Several other tankers carrying disputed crude from Iran or Iraqi Kurdistan have unloaded cargoes after switching off their transponders, which makes their movements hard to track.

Days ago, the partially full Kamari tanker carrying Kurdish crude disappeared from satellite tracking north of Egypt's Sinai. It reappeared empty two days later near Israel.

And in late July, the tanker United Emblem offloaded part of its cargo of Kurdish crude onto another ship in the South China Sea.

Baghdad, which says it has the exclusive right to export the crude, has filed a lawsuit in a U.S. court to reclaim control of the United Kalavrvta cargo and block the Kurdistan Regional Government from delivering it.

The suit shows Baghdad is stepping up a legal and diplomatic push to stop Kurdistan from exporting crude, which the Kurds say is crucial to their own dreams of independence.

The court on Monday threw out an order issued to seize the cargo, saying it lacked jurisdiction because the tanker was some 60 miles offshore.

The judge has invited Iraq to re-plead its case over the rightful ownership of the cargo. Baghdad could file claims against anyone taking delivery of the oil.

A Coast Guard official said the vessel in the Gulf of Mexico might have turned off its beacon, sailed beyond antennas that monitor transponders, or perhaps some antennas might have been taken out of service.

However, dozens of vessels were visible on Thursday in the Galveston Offshore Lightering Area, where the Kurdish tanker was last seen.

(Reporting By Terry Wade and Anna Louie Sussman. Editing by Andre Grenon)

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum