Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2024 5:58 am by RamblerNash

» CBD Vape Cartridges
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

» Frat President Charged With Stealing $267K to Buy Worthless Iraqi Dinars
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:05 pm by RamblerNash

» Fact Check: NO Record 'Quantum Financial System' Exists Beyond Claims In Videos, Online Articles
It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 6:15 pm by RamblerNash

It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation

Go down

It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  Empty It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation

Post by Ponee Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:04 pm

It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation

It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  Bff3aa60-856d-4d11-b273-3b8c809d2c09_TFT_logo

It May Be Time for Obama to Come Home from Vacation  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1hHUBZfa_yQu3iabnLvYhKs9oBClqMITGIuEsNhW0R595smaR

By Eric Pianin 15 minutes ago
When British Prime Minister David Cameron learned that a British-sounding ISIS terrorist had beheaded American journalist James Foley, he cut short his vacation in Cornwall and rushed back to London on Wednesday to convene  emergency meetings on the situation in Syria and Iraq. President Obama, by contrast, delivered an angry condemnation of the action from his vacation spot on Martha’s Vineyard, then took off for another round of golf. 

It’s not that Obama didn’t say all the right things during his impromptu press conference – that the Islamic State is a “cancer” that must be extracted from the Middle East and that “no just God would stand for what they did yesterday and what they do every day.” Moreover, the president broke off from his vacation for 48 hours early this week to return to Washington for important meetings on the Iraq crisis and the civil disorder in Ferguson, Mo., before returning to his family and the golf links in the plush island resort off the coast of Massachusetts. 

Maybe what was most disconcerting to some was the president’s casual manner and attire at a time of extraordinary national distress. When the country seems clearly headed for renewed major conflict in Iraq, when thousands of angry black citizens from the St. Louis area are protesting the police shooting of an unarmed black youth, and when a humanitarian crisis continues to fester along the Southwest border, the optics of the president dressed in a sports jacket sans tie were jarring.

As The Washington Post reported yesterday, this wasn’t the first time this month that Obama “has made a quick pivot from grim news to the green.” Last week, as his administration was being confronted with mounting demonstrations and unrest in Ferguson and tough decisions on stepping up air strikes against the murderous ISIS, Obama addressed the nation and then “hit the golf course just four minutes after leaving the lectern.”

The question of whether a president should occasionally sacrifice his family’s vacation in the face of a major breaking crisis has long been debated. President Theodore Roosevelt famously spent much of August 1905 in Portsmouth, N.H., while supervising negotiations to end the Russo-Japanese war, Newsweek once noted, while President George H.W. Bush took off on a 25-day vacation to his home in Kennebunkport, Maine, in August 1990 after dispatching troops to the Middle East in response to Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait.

In this modern technological era, the White House communications system easily travels with a president, whether on an overseas trip, a campaign swing throughout the country, or while the First Family is on vacation in Martha’s Vineyard. But occasionally the problem isn’t the adequacy of the communications system – and the ability to respond instantaneously to fast-paced events, but the appearance of disengagement. With both Obama and Congress on summer vacation, the nation’s capital has an abandoned, desolate feel to it right now. 

And for a president whose public approval rating is little more than 40 percent, it’s important for Obama to project the image of a man at the helm of the ship of state during a trying period in the nation’s history.

"Presidents can handle the business of their office from anywhere in the world. That is not the point,” said James A. Thurber, director of the Center for Congressional and Presidential Studies at American University. “Leadership requires focus and empathy and that is not shown when the president is on vacation on Martha's Vineyard. There are times when a president should return to Washington to deal with a crisis and this may be one of them." 
Obama and his family have four more days of vacation before heading home. Maybe they should leave now. 

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum