Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over

2 posters

Go down

Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   Empty Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over

Post by Ponee Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:46 am

Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over

Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   Rtxw4bh

The S&P 500 is up an incredible 190% since its March 2009 lows. It's up a whopping 50% since the beginning 2012.

In a new 34-page note titled "Transitioning To Lower Returns," Barclays' U.S. [url=http://www.businessinsider.com/barclays-transitioning-to-lower-returns-2014-8?utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=10 Things Before the Opening]equity[/url] strategist Jonathan Glionna writes that those years of awesome returns are behind us for now.

"U.S. equities have made a remarkable advance in the past five years, recovering from the credit crisis, powering through the European sovereign debt scare, and surging on a third dose of [url=http://www.businessinsider.com/barclays-transitioning-to-lower-returns-2014-8?utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=10 Things Before the Opening]quantitative easing[/url], leaving the S&P 500 close to an all-time high," he writes. "This advance was grounded in increased earnings, itself a byproduct of elevated profit margins; boosted by share repurchases, which are approaching new records; leveraged with more debt, which has never been higher; and augmented by an expansion of valuation multiples, with most now above historical averages."

Indeed the rally we've experienced was well-justified.  But those market drivers are losing steam.

The Missing Ingredient

"We believe U.S. equities are transitioning out of a recovery rally and into a period of lower returns as the benefits of margin expansion and share repurchases prove to be already priced in and a return of faster revenue growth becomes a prerequisite for another re-rating higher," he wrote.

His warnings about peaking profit margins and slowing share repurchases are not news. Those themes have been told repeatedly.

His warning about revenue growth — which he calls "the missing ingredient" — is somewhat surprising.

Indeed many market bulls brush off worries about margins and buybacks by arguing that the economy is about to reach escape velocity, which in turn will help drive sales and inflation higher. (Remember, stocks tend to be a [url=http://www.businessinsider.com/barclays-transitioning-to-lower-returns-2014-8?utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=10 Things Before the Opening]hedge[/url] against inflation because companies have the ability to maintain earnings by passing higher costs to customers by raising prices.)

"Sales growth has been less than 3%, and we believe it will remain subdued because of weak domestic economic growth and an inability to restart last cycle’s growth engine: international sales," he said.

Europe, which is one of the U.S.' biggest customers, has been reporting lots of disappointing economic data. Even once-bright spot Germany is showing the signs of an economy on the verge of contraction.

Domestically, things aren't exactly great. A new NFIB survey revealed that 13% of American small business owners identify poor sales as their single most important problem.
[url=http://www.businessinsider.com/barclays-transitioning-to-lower-returns-2014-8?utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=10 Things Before the Opening]Stock market[/url] valuations from a sales perspective already appear expensive.

"The last time the S&P 500’s price-to-sales ratio was higher than it is now, sales were growing at 7%," Glionna writes.

Those Lower Returns

"We are setting our price targets for the S&P 500 at 1975 for 2014 and 2100 for 2015," he writes.

In other words, he sees stock rallying 2% from here to the end of the year, and then rising just 6% in the following year.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/barclays-transitioning-to-lower-returns-2014-8#ixzz3ANFDOWzJ

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   Empty Re: Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over

Post by Ponee Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:53 am

This Is The Chart Of Mario Draghi's Nightmare

A slew of ugly data came out Thursday morning.

The German economy shrank 0.2%. And the eurozone as a whole didn't grow at all.
But there's more than just bad growth going on. Inflation numbers are going in the wrong direction, and there's a growing risk of deflation.

Here's the chart of eurozone inflation, via Claus Vistesen of Pantheon Macro.

Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   Eurozone%20final%20inflation,%20july%20%282%29

The ECB has tried multiple things to turn this around and prevent deflation. It has lowered rates. It has instituted special lending programs and more. And still, nothing is going in the right direction.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/eurozone-inflation-2014-8#ixzz3ANH1xrSE

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   Empty Re: Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over

Post by Kevind53 Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Yes, I am very uncomfortable with the market right now. I have been for a while. I am no expert, but I have learned to listen to that little ... twinge"... for the lack of a better word, inside. If I had to point a finger at any one thing, it would be the artificially low interest rates we have seen since 2009. Money has been going into the market despite some poor fundamentals, because there has been no place else to put it with any chance of earning money.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   2805820865  Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   2805820865  Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   2805820865  Wall Street Stock Market Strategist Warns The Party's Over   2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum