Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet

Go down

U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  Empty U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet

Post by Ponee Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:05 am

U.S. Points to Russian Missile Connection in Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 Crash
Russia Cited As Likely Supplier of Deadly Antiaircraft Missile

U.S. Ties Russia to Downed Jet  BN-DT619_0719mi_G_20140719184729

U.S. officials say they now suspect that Russia supplied the rebels with multiple SA-11 antiaircraft systems, like the one shown above in this file photo from May. Associated Press
New U.S. intelligence assessments indicate that Moscow likely provided pro-Russia separatists in eastern Ukraine with sophisticated antiaircraft systems in recent days, matching evidence put forward by Ukraine and bolstering charges that Russia was the source of the weapon that shot down Malaysia Airlines 3786.KU -11.11% Flight 17 this week, killing 298.

U.S. officials say they now suspect that Russia supplied the rebels with multiple SA-11 antiaircraft systems by smuggling them into eastern Ukraine with other military equipment, including tanks.
Further, U.S. officials believe the systems were moved back across the border into Russia following the shoot down of the jetliner, buttressing what Ukraine charges is an attempt by the

"The assumption is they're trying to remove evidence of what they did," said a senior U.S. official briefed on the latest intelligence.

The expanding case against the Ukrainian separatists and the Kremlin comes as U.S. and Western leaders have swapped rounds of phone calls since Friday, calling for greater pressure against Moscow and a renewed effort to secure the chaotic crash site in eastern Ukraine and ensure that human remains receive proper attention. Secretary of State John Kerry phoned his Russian counterpart on the issue Saturday.

The added certainty that the SA-11 systems likely were in rebel hands also poses questions about why Ukraine or U.S. officials didn't move more quickly to advise commercial jetliners of potential dangers, if there was time after they learned of possible rebel control of the systems.
Moscow has continued to deny supplying armed separatists with heavy weapons, despite mounting evidence to the contrary put forward by U.S. officials. "We know there are Russian troops inside Ukraine," said a U.S. official. "Russian troops, Russian equipment."

Intelligence disclosures by Ukrainian and U.S. security officials reveal a higher degree of military cooperation from Moscow to the Ukrainian rebels than was understood before the passen

Russian President Vladimir Putin has expressed condolences to families for the shoot down, but said that the Ukrainian government is responsible for failing to keep the peace in its eastern provinces. The Kremlin has stopped short of blaming Ukraine's military for the catastrophe.

No expert air crash investigators have yet had access to the rural crash site since Flight 17 was shot down on Thursday afternoon, and in the absence of an independent investigation U.S. and regional intelligence officials have been poring over satellite and electronic intercepts seeking clues about the cause of the crash.

Consensus among intelligence agencies is growing that the Buk-M1 antiaircraft systems, also known as the SA-11 Gadfly under the North Atlantic Treaty Organization designation, was the weapon used to down the plane as it traveled from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.

U.S. and Ukrainian intelligence officials say that Russia introduced this type of missile battery into the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine earlier this month, significantly altering the threat assessment of the

Ukraine, which has been battling the separatists since the spring, [url=http://online.wsj.com/articles/ukraine-accuses-russia-of-shooting-down-fighter-jet-1405600196?KEYWORDS=ukraine jet]has lost several military planes[/url] and helicopters from missiles operated by the pro-Russia militias. The range of these weapons systems, however, was li

Reports that rebels had possession of a Buk-M1 came as early as June 29, when separatists overran a Ukrainian armed-forces base in the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine. The rebels boasted of seizing control of the weapons system in a Russian news report.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-s-intel-points-to-russian-rebel-missile-connection-in-malaysia-airlines-flight-17-crash-1405816389
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum