Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION?????

Go down

So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? Empty So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION?????

Post by Ponee Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:30 pm

American-Arab Group Boycotts Obama's Ramadan Celebration

So why is OBAMA having a RAMADAN CELEBRATION????? Lead_large

The American-Arab-Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) asked all its members to boycott the upcoming White House Iftar dinner, the traditional Muslim meal to break the fast during the holy month of Ramadan. The ADC cited the Obama administration's continued support of Israeli airstrikes on Gaza as well as evidence they had spied on prominent Muslim leaders as a reason for protesting the event.

The ADC “calls upon members of the Arab and Muslim communities to join us in the boycott, including tonight’s White House Iftar hosted by President Barack Obama, given the government’s condoning of the current slaughter of Palestinians in Palestine and the spying [on] American Arabs and Muslims domestically,” the group said in a statement released on Monday. "Political engagement is important and having a seat at the table is crucial — but only when that seat is intended to amplify our voice as a community, not tokenize or subdue it," they added.

The group bills itself as "the largest Arab American grassroots civil rights organization in the US" and has reportedly been asking for a meeting Secretary of State John F. Kerry. The United States, a prominent ally of Israel, has supported the country's offensive against Hamas in Gaza, which has killed an estimated 170 people and wounded 1,300, according to ABC. Journalists Glenn Greewald and Murtza Hussain reported earlier this month that documents released by Edward Snowden showed that the U.S. government targeted five prominent Muslim American leaders for increased scrutiny and surveillance.

The White House said they would continue with the dinner, an event celebrated each year in both the Obama and the Bush White Houses, as previously scheduled.

“There are immigrants to this country from a variety of regions in the world who are Muslim. And it is important for every American to understand that they are critical to the success of our country and interwoven into the basic fabric that makes the United States of America such a unique place to live,” Press Secretary Josh Earnest told reporters at this afternoon's White House press briefing.

RELATED: Bowe Bergdahl Might Return to Active Duty Today

The modern day custom of celebrating Ramadan in the White House was started in 1996 by Hillary Rodham Clinton during the three-day celebration Eid-al-Fitr.

"The invited guests tonight include elected officials, members of the diplomatic corps, religious and grassroots leaders in the Muslim American community, and leaders of diverse faiths." National Security Council spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan told The Washington Post in an e-mail.

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2014/07/american-arab-group-boycotts-obamas-ramadan-celebration/374423/
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum