Dinar Daily
Welcome to Dinar Daily Discussions.

Logging in with your USERNAME allows you to participate in discussions, see what has recently been posted, and other options. Guests can post but they do have limited abilities.

We are NOT a guru forum. We are a dinarian forum. The opinions expressed on the forum do not reflect the of opinion of Dinar Daily specifically, but rather reflect the views of the individual posters only.

Disclamer:

We are in compliance with, "Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use."

Get Daily Updates of the NEWS & GURUS in your EMAIL
CHECK YOUR EMAIL for VERIFICATION

Enter your email address:

There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase DinarDailyUpdates?bg=330099&fg=FFFFFF&anim=1

There will be NO revaluation --posted By Anthony Chase

Go down

There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase Empty There will be NO revaluation --posted By Anthony Chase

Post by Ponee on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:42 pm

Anthony Chase says -- 
There will be NO revaluation. No economy in the world has currency value that exceeds it's GDP. The US has a GDP that exceeds 15 Trillion and yet only has less than 1.5 Trillion in circulation. Even if IRAQ increases it's GDP 5 fold, the Dinar will only be worth $00.003 (that's 1/3 of a penny).

Let's get outrageous and say they increase their GDP by 15!! to $3 trillion, the Dinar is then worth a penny. Even more exaggerated, let's say they become twice the largest economy (USA), the Dinar is then worth $0.10 (ten cents). Stop chasing the dream, I will wallpaper my man cave with my 8,000,000 Dinar.

And for those who compare Iraq to Kuwait -- Kuwait has absolutely nothing to so with the Iraqi Dinar. Just because it's exchange rate is over $3.50 per US Dollar, that means nothing compared to the Iraq version of the dinar. Their economies are very similar, but Kuwait is smart enough to only have about 10 billion dinar in circulation, compared to Iraq's 37 Trillion. They will never be similar in value.

Last edited by Ponee on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase Empty Re: There will be NO revaluation --posted By Anthony Chase

Post by clayf on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Yeh! Go figure......
clayf
clayf
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase Empty Re: There will be NO revaluation --posted By Anthony Chase

Post by bigdaddytim on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:24 pm

Well...eh, he does have a point.

Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!
bigdaddytim
bigdaddytim
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee on Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:28 pm

HE SURE DOES -- And I would rather see the realistic chatter and not the hopium smoke up the arse chatter

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:18 pm

Well I'll be content with .003 ... heck .001 would be a profit.

Trust but Verify --- R Reagan Suspect

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase 2805820865  There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase 2805820865  There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase 2805820865  There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BritishBulldog on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:08 pm

Makes sense. I don't see it NEVER RVing...but all the nonsense numbers being thrown out are just plum dumb.
BritishBulldog
BritishBulldog
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase Empty There will be NO revaluation By Anthony Chase

Post by Following-the-Money on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:08 am

I don't understand the GDP focus.

I am no economist by trade so take this only for the research I have done.  My own attempt at cutting through the "guru crap" if you will...

Looking at the BIS Basel 3 Law which is moving us back towards 100% asset backed currencies.  You will see that to be compliant (at that level) this year you will need 8% equity.  Well Iraq would have met these regulations if this holds to be true:

When the ISIS suddenly showed up oil prices increased.  I follow lots of different forums and I saw a post stating that $120 per barrel was the mark to hit.  I did not understand it at the time.  But then I started doing the research and the math (this is all only my own info - I am no guru and I have NO Contacts or Intel).  SO in a nut shell:

They have an M1 of 70 Trillion Dinars.  Very little other debt to speak of as the Paris Club took care of that and they are making good with Kuwait.

Iraq has 140 Billion Barrel of the black stuff.

140 x $120ea = $16.8 Trillion (remember that number).

70 Trillion Dinars in M1 valued at $3 = $210 Trillion they have to cover.

8% Equity of that number = $16.8 Trillion!  Whoa!  There is the magic number.  So the CBI has covered the Basel 3 equity requirements for a $3 rate just on oil alone (we heard there is gold there also but proving out gold reserves takes time and money and lots of coring in a grid pattern - and you need security for those crews to work).

And then disaster struck.  The rebels did not take that last big refinery because the army general stationed there saw them gathering and called back his troops (against orders) and defended the place.  So they did not hit $120 a barrel.

Still.  Could have released an RV at a bit lower value.  Don't know why $3 would have any magic to it.  Unless!  An RV is not allowed and only the RI is what they control.  Then the numbers must work at that level.  Historically RVs only have happened at a max of 30% from what I have gathered.  So they must do an RI first to get the value back up to pre-war levels?  I have seen the RI/RV statement a number of times as well...

So I agree. No new rate at high levels unless they fix the numbers. 

BUT my question is:
Can anyone explain why the GDP is the number to calculate on when using the Basel 3 laws?  I'm only asking for clarification as I have only my own research at this point and nobody to ask.

Basel 3:
http://www.bis.org/bcbs/basel3/basel3_phase_in_arrangements.pdf

Iraq M1:
http://www.tradingeconomics.com/iraq/money-supply-m1

Iraq Oil Reserves:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_reserves_in_Iraq

Cheers!

PS.  Of all the sites in this dinar land this one is the best.  Thank you for all the effort and allowing me to post as a guest!!!

Following-the-Money

Back to top Go down

Post by FS4Enthusiast on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:49 am

Following-the-Money wrote:I don't understand the GDP focus.

BUT my question is:
Can anyone explain why the GDP is the number to calculate on when using the Basel 3 laws?  I'm only asking for clarification as I have only my own research at this point and nobody to ask.

Because GDP is the biggest factor in determining how much currency a country needs and can support.  GDP is basically income.  If you have a massive GDP, you need a massive amount of currency or you won't have enough for day to day transactions to occur easily.  If you have a tiny GDP, you CAN NOT have a massive amount of currency, because there's no way your GDP (your "income") could support it.  Iraq having a relatively small GDP (around 200 billion) and a massive amount of currency (200 trillion or so, at your 3 dollar rate) simply cannot happen.  It would be like you making 50 grand a year and having a 50 million dollar home mortgage.  It makes no sense and could never happen.

Following-the-Money
Looking at the BIS Basel 3 Law which is moving us back towards 100% asset backed currencies.  You will see that to be compliant (at that level) this year you will need 8% equity.  Well Iraq would have met these regulations if this holds to be true:

When the ISIS suddenly showed up oil prices increased.  I follow lots of different forums and I saw a post stating that $120 per barrel was the mark to hit.  I did not understand it at the time.  But then I started doing the research and the math (this is all only my own info - I am no guru and I have NO Contacts or Intel).  SO in a nut shell:

They have an M1 of 70 Trillion Dinars.  Very little other debt to speak of as the Paris Club took care of that and they are making good with Kuwait.

Iraq has 140 Billion Barrel of the black stuff.

140 x $120ea = $16.8 Trillion (remember that number).

70 Trillion Dinars in M1 valued at $3 = $210 Trillion they have to cover.

8% Equity of that number = $16.8 Trillion!  Whoa!  There is the magic number.  So the CBI has covered the Basel 3 equity requirements for a $3 rate just on oil alone (we heard there is gold there also but proving out gold reserves takes time and money and lots of coring in a grid pattern - and you need security for those crews to work).

It simply doesn't, and can't work that way.  Some red flags here:

1. 210 trillion dollars is over THREE TIMES the amount of currency of the entire planet put together.  Does it make sense that Iraq would have that?  Obviously not.

2. They sell oil.  They HAVE to sell oil, or they have nearly zero economy.  It's how they pay their bills.  You can't use something as backing for the currency if you're selling it as fast as you're pulling it out of the ground.  This would mean that their backing is constantly decreasing, which means the value of their currency is constantly decreasing.  Why would they pay you 3 bucks a dinar right now if they know that the value is only going to go DOWN in the future?  They wouldn't.  They'd be totally screwing themselves.

3. If we're buying oil from them with their dinar, that means the supply of dinar in Iraq is constantly increasing, while the supply of oil in Iraq is constantly decreasing.  This should pretty obviously be an iron clad recipe for MASSIVE inflation and economic suicide.  It would destroy the country.

4. Think about other economies and how your 8% Basel stuff would work.  A company like Apple is no less an asset than a lake of oil buried in the ground.  If anything it's a far BETTER asset because 1. it's all liquid.  You can buy and sell virtually any amount of AAPL stock in a heartbeat with the click of a mouse, whereas 95% of Iraqs oil is locked in the ground and will remain there until they can pump it out, which they can only do at a relatively slow rate (hence their relatively low GDP).  and 2. There's no reason AAPL couldn't be hard at work making tons of profits 200 years from now.  Iraqs oil supply, on the other hand, is finite and will eventually run out.  So if Iraqs 16.8 trillion in oil can make their currency worth 210 trillion dollars, why can't AAPLs 600 billion market cap make our currency worth 7.5 trillion?  Then add up all the other companies in the US.  Add up our not inconsiderable gold/oil/etc.  If your method of calculating currency value happened, the US currency would probably go up more in value than Iraqs, leaving the dinar worse off than before.  It simply doesn't work that way.  No country on the planet values their currency the way you're suggesting, and none ever will because it wouldn't work, and even if they decided to do it that way, Iraqs currency wouldn't be worth any more vs. the USD than it is now.

FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FS4Enthusiast on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:01 pm

@Ponee wrote:
Anthony Chase says -- 
There will be NO revaluation. No economy in the world has currency value that exceeds it's GDP. The US has a GDP that exceeds 15 Trillion and yet only has less than 1.5 Trillion in circulation. Even if IRAQ increases it's GDP 5 fold, the Dinar will only be worth $00.003 (that's 1/3 of a penny).

Let's get outrageous and say they increase their GDP by 15!! to $3 trillion, the Dinar is then worth a penny. Even more exaggerated, let's say they become twice the largest economy (USA), the Dinar is then worth $0.10 (ten cents). Stop chasing the dream, I will wallpaper my man cave with my 8,000,000 Dinar.

And for those who compare Iraq to Kuwait -- Kuwait has absolutely nothing to so with the Iraqi Dinar. Just because it's exchange rate is over $3.50 per US Dollar, that means nothing compared to the Iraq version of the dinar. Their economies are very similar, but Kuwait is smart enough to only have about 10 billion dinar in circulation, compared to Iraq's 37 Trillion. They will never be similar in value.

Pretty much sums it up.  Though he left out one important fact, possibly so as not to overly confuse the typical dinarian.  Even if the economy did increase five fold, it doesn't mean each dinar is going to be worth 5x as much, because they can just print 5x as much dinar and end up with the same total dinar value.  It's not only possible, that is PRECISELY WHAT THEY'VE BEEN DOING for the last decade.  Take a look at their M2 over the last 10 years.  It's probably increased more like 10x, not just 5x.

They increase the value of the dinar 10x, a significant amount of that increase goes to foreigners and currency speculators.  Think about it.  Let's say foreigners hold 2 trillion dinar (I'd say that number is on the low side, based on dinar trade selling 500 billion in 2011 alone).  Iraq's GDP goes up by 10x.  Iraq can:
1. Increase the value of the dinar by ~10x.  That means Iraq just gave away 15.5 billion dollars (nearly 20% of their foreign reserves) to foreign currency speculators (2 trillion dinar x 0.00086 x 9).
2. Print up ~10x as much dinar, use it to fund local infrastructure and welfare and business, or sell it to increase their reserves, giving away nothing to foreign currency speculators.

Which would you do if it were your money?

FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Waco Kid on Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:26 pm

@Ponee wrote:
Anthony Chase says -- 

Who is Anthony Chase and why should anyone listen to him? Just asking.
Waco Kid
Waco Kid

Back to top Go down

There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase Empty There will be NO revaluation By Anthony Chase

Post by Following-the-Money on Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Thank you all for your responses.  Clearly this conversation could splinter off and become massive.  But I would like to make a few comments here before closing for what it is worth.  And I should add - only IMHO and my own interpretation of what I have studied to date:

Can we all agree that this is not "my basel 3 stuff" and I did not make up the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) or the Basel 3 Laws?  These laws, established for all countries of the world, state that by 2019 all currencies in circulation will be 100% asset backed (ref previous chart near the bottom: Liquidity coverage ratio – minimum requirement).  Liquidity is equal to cash.

Can we all agree that when we look up the requirements for how to define an asset in this context that we will most likely NOT be finding publicly traded tech companies like apple or google listed there.

That said we can also agree that GDP would certainly be A factor in figuring out the value of a currency but not the one and only factor.  Maybe in the past is was heavily regarded as the main calculation.  But in Basel 3 we are focused on assets - as in the old "gold standard".  And while apple and google might play a roll in the GDP number it would be a ruse to tell people around the world not to worry about the value of my money because it is backed by tech stocks.

The main intention, it appears to me, of the Basel 3 laws is to force certain countries (who are clearly out of control printing fiat money at a whim and causing global crisis based on said country's economic failures) back into globally definable and standards based currency values.  And thus printing only what is allowed as supported by those hard assets.

Hard assets being defined as:  Globally recognized assets that do not change wildly in value in the short term.  This creates stability which is the first requirement to getting the world to accept the value of your currency.  Without stability you lose trust and without trust people tell you to go start a fire with that paper.

In closing:
Is it our intention here in this conversation to prove that Iraq CBI has intentionally been over-printing the Dinar to kill any opportunity to increase the value?  Why would one of the richest "asset based" countries in the world intentionally tank its own currency?  Now maybe the board of the CBI has ulterior motives but I believe the goal of the board of directors for any Central Bank for every Country in the world would be the same:  Stabilize and increase the value of our money.  Period.

I am not saying it will RI/RV.  I tend to believe that it will not suddenly jump in value overnight to maintain my perspective and sanity in life.  My only question was why we think GDP is the cornerstone of calculating the value of a currency under the Basel 3 laws (again keeping context here)?  Wouldn't hard assets be more important at this point since by 2019 you are required to have said hard assets in order to have a correct value established for your currency?

I could be all wrong and I never had all the answers.  But I do like to study everything I can find and ask lots of questions.

Cheers and thank you again!
Follow the Money

Following-the-Money

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkdragon on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:05 pm

And yet he still has his 8 million in dinar.

cashingIn
pinkdragon
pinkdragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:13 pm

I still have some of my dinar also, even though I think this is all a bust.  It is the "JUST in case I was wrong and they were right" dinar.

I REALLY hope that I AM WRONG.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daox13 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:38 pm

Well Guys,
I hit the wall this weekend. After some very long and near exhausting 6 years, i have decided for my own sanity to just get out while I could.

Do I truly believe Iraqi Dinar will increase in value??.. simple answer is yes.

Do I believe that we will ever receive Financial gain off this investment??...yes again...

Will it be in our lifetimes???... This is where i'm not really too sure..

I think that IF they do not switch currency... and I think that IF they can run their government instead of running the religion then there is a big chance it could go big...

but lets be realistic.. in our country and in our mindset, this would all be very possible and very desired..

But we are not in our country and they certainly care not for our mind set!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make em drink, no matter how many peppermints you put in it.

I, like Ponee, have a very small amount that I am holding on to, enough that if it did go big I would not cry myself to sleep at night every night for the rest of my life.

I do wish you all the best and I will be checking in from time to time!!!!
Good Luck to all and let it RV!!!

couch  Always Be Cautiously Optimistic
Daox13
Daox13
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FS4Enthusiast on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:53 pm

Following-the-Money wrote:Can we all agree that this is not "my basel 3 stuff" and I did not make up the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) or the Basel 3 Laws?  These laws, established for all countries of the world, state that by 2019 all currencies in circulation will be 100% asset backed (ref previous chart near the bottom: Liquidity coverage ratio – minimum requirement).  Liquidity is equal to cash.

Actually we can't agree on that, because until you cite a (non guru/dinar related) source for what you're saying, then it is just your words, so it very much is "your basel 3 stuff" unless you can prove otherwise.  If we look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basel_III

We see that Basel 3 only refers to commercial banks, is not a "law established for all countries of the world", but a voluntary guideline, has nothing to do with currency values or central banks, and the 100% you talk about refers to "Liquidity Coverage Ratio" which is not even remotely the same thing as saying 100% asset backed.  What source do you have that refute this information?

Following-the-Money wrote:Can we all agree that when we look up the requirements for how to define an asset in this context that we will most likely NOT be finding publicly traded tech companies like apple or google listed there.

Hard assets being defined as:  Globally recognized assets that do not change wildly in value in the short term.  This creates stability which is the first requirement to getting the world to accept the value of your currency.  Without stability you lose trust and without trust people tell you to go start a fire with that paper.

Sure, we can agree on that, as long as you can agree that oil is not a hard asset either since it most definitely does change wildly in value.  It dropped 70% in the 80s and 30% in the 2000s.  And as long as you can agree that backing a currency with your oil reserves is an guaranteed economic disaster when you have to sell those very same oil reserves to fund 95% of your country's economy.

Why, according to your logic and definitions (and misinterpretation of Basel 3, likely heard from a guru) is 200 billion worth of oil capable of backing 2.5 trillion worth of currency, but a 200 billion a year company like AAPL isn't?  AAPL is gonna do 200 billion in sales this year, and next year, and probably the year after that.  Is your 200 billion worth of oil going to continue generating profits years after it's been sold and burned?  So why is oil a hard asset and a company not?

Following-the-Money wrote:
The main intention, it appears to me, of the Basel 3 laws is to force certain countries (who are clearly out of control printing fiat money at a whim and causing global crisis based on said country's economic failures) back into globally definable and standards based currency values.  And thus printing only what is allowed as supported by those hard assets.

Iraq has printed over 70 trillion dinar.  That isn't out of control printing?  So your solution is to take their out of control printed, hyperinflated currency and make it worth more than the rest of the planets put together?  How does that make any sense whatsoever?

Following-the-Money wrote:
Is it our intention here in this conversation to prove that Iraq CBI has intentionally been over-printing the Dinar to kill any opportunity to increase the value?  Why would one of the richest "asset based" countries in the world intentionally tank its own currency?  Now maybe the board of the CBI has ulterior motives but I believe the goal of the board of directors for any Central Bank for every Country in the world would be the same:  Stabilize and increase the value of our money.  Period.

The CBI hasn't tanked its own currency.  SADDAM tanked the currency.  He printed literally billions of 10,000 dinar bills and spent all the reserves.  You didn't come across that info during all your research?

The CBI has maintained the dinars stability and even allowed it to rise some.  Is that your definition of "tanked"?  Odd definition.

Stabilize?  Yes.  Increase the value?  Not really.  For YOU, currency is wealth.  The more you got, the better, for obvious reasons.   For a CB, currency is a LIABILITY.  I think not understanding that may be the cause of most of your misunderstandings.  If the dinar goes up to a dollar, the CBI is on the hook for 70 trillion dollars worth of dinar when they only have about 80 billion dollars in reserves.  1/10th of 1 percent of dinar gets cashed in, the CBI is bankrupt.  Out of cash.  Nothing backing their currency.  The oil doesn't belong to the CBI, and even if it did they can't use it to back their currency because the GOI needs to SELL IT in order to RUN THE COUNTRY.

FYI, Iraq being massively wealthy is a common guru lie.  Their GDP is somewhere around 60th in the world, their per capita GDP is worse, and even if they pumped ALL their oil out of the ground at once and sold it it'd barely equal ONE YEAR of the wealth generated by the US every single year.  Iraq is poor, in virtually every measure of the word.

FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:59 pm

Daox13 --- Oh I am so sorry to lose you from the "forum family"   But, I really understand that once that feeling of enough is enough hits you, you have to walk away from it all.   You have been a true asset to the forum and you will be missed.  I hope that you will stop in now and then.  Please, stay in touch! Many blessings to you!

There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase Miss%20you%20already%20puppy
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FS4Enthusiast on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:04 pm

@Daox13 wrote:
I think that IF they do not switch currency... and I think that IF they can run their government instead of running the religion then there is a big chance it could go big...

You have made the correct decision.  There are 70 trillion reasons the dinar is not going to "go big".  It's a garden variety hyper inflated currency, of which there are dozens on the planet at any given time.  They either muddle around near the same rate forever (Iraq for the last decade), slowly go down the crapper (Vietnam over the last 4 decades), rapidly keep hyperinflating and lopping over and over (Brazil between 1940 and 1990), or finally give up and become demonitized altogether (Zimbabwe in 2009).  There's zero reason it would ever undergo a massive increase in value.

FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponee on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:38 pm

That makes a lot of sense FS4Enthusiast.... and I agree for the most part.  But, there is still that little piece inside of me that says none of those other countries have the resources that Iraq has.  And though I know that currencies are not based off of resources, I feel like they have a better chance of moving into a new day of prosperity ( if they could get their act together)  But, it could be years and years... and ya, you are right, it will probably just all go down the crapper. 

Sigh, I think I will go get my shoebox now and take the rest out and sell it back too.  I am so tired.

Has anyone tried to get their money out of Warka yet?  I still have a bit there that I need to see if I can get it transferred back to a USD account.  Ya, like I believe that will ever happen. I think I can kiss that part of my investment goodbye.

Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Well, each has to do what is right for themselves. As for me, I'll let things ride. It's money I don't need anyway, (I would never use money I need for something like this,) so why sell it at a loss? I might get enough for a vacation, but I don't need a vacation. Either it will increase in value or not, if it does, great, if it does not, well it won't cost me any more than it already has ... but I am confident that in time I will see a return, despite what certain self appointed arbiters of truth might keep saying.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."1 Thessalonians 5:14–18

There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase 2805820865  There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase 2805820865  There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase 2805820865  There will be NO revaluation  --posted By Anthony Chase 2805820865
Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by FS4Enthusiast on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:03 pm

@Kevind53 wrote:so why sell it at a loss?
The same reason you get out of any losing investment, to mitigate that loss.  Because the current amount of loss is very likely to be the best you'll ever do selling the dinar.  The US market value (i.e. what you can get on eBay or a dinar forum) has decreased every year since the height of the scam (2011 from what I can tell).  Remember when dealers were charging 1280+ per million and you could easily get 1100+ selling to someone on a forum?  I do.

@Kevind53 wrote:well it won't cost me any more than it already has

Yeah, but you're likely to lose more selling it back, so even though it's an unrealized loss at this point, realistically you're still continuing to lose more money.

Kevind53but I am confident that in time I will see a return

I know you are.  But unfortunately you don't have any real reasons to be confident.  You're just emotionally invested.

FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Think what you want ... an unrealized loss, or gain is not a true loss or gain until you sell. Worse case I have some pretty currency. It's a risk, but one I'm willing to take. No emotional investment. I know where my provision is and it's not the dinar. I invested after prayer and study, and I will divest when and if I hear in my spirit to do so. Until then I stand pat.

You know, you kind of remind me of the folks who talked me out of investing in Apple back in the 80's.  bigsmile 

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by FS4Enthusiast on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:57 am

@Kevind53 wrote:Think what you want ... an unrealized loss, or gain is not a true loss or gain until you sell. Worse case I have some pretty currency. 
Sure, you can pretend it isn't really a loss until you sell it, but the fact is that the reason the word "loss" is in the phrase "unrealized loss" is because your net worth has still decreased.  You can ride a bad stock all the way down until it goes bankrupt telling yourself the entire time "I haven't TRULY lost any money" but it's not a rational way to conduct investing.

@Kevind53 wrote:You know, you kind of remind me of the folks who talked me out of investing in Apple back in the 80's.  
Odd.  Did those people show you using facts, figures, economic principles, and common sense, that AAPL couldn't possibly experience massive gains in value?  I kinda doubt it.

Was 99.99% of the information out there about AAPL back then lies from con artists and huxsters trying to sell LLCs and VIP memberships?

FS4Enthusiast
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevind53 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:41 pm

No, and you know it wasn't ... but you have already made up your mind, so what I or anyone else might say is obviously wrong unless it 100% agrees with your highly sophisticated analysis of the situation ... have a nice life.

Kevind53
Kevind53
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum