Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 am by swizzlestick

» ZIGPLACE
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

» The Fundamentals of Finance and Pimpy Live
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2024 7:17 am by Dinarhater

» Why Won't the Iraqi Dinar Scam Die?
China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17, 2024 5:19 pm by RamblerNash

China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg

Go down

China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg Empty China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg

Post by Ponee Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:22 am

China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg

China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg 042e0827982e2859e6a9daa46e02b3ea72a3568d
China's central bank has signed agreements for yuan clearing arrangements with France and Luxembourg, with the aim of promoting greater use of its currency overseas (AFP Photo/Peter Parks)

China signs yuan accords with France, Luxembourg 2014-06-19T153212Z_1_LOVEA5I175NK0_RTRMADP_BASEIMAGE-960X540_UK-CHINA-CURRENCY-O
An Anglo-Chinese deal to create London's first renminbi clearing bank may have been agreed. But does it mean China's currency is any closer to rivalling the dollar as a world reserve currency? David Pollard reports.

China's central bank said it has signed agreements for yuan clearing arrangements with France and Luxembourg, with the aim of promoting greater use of its currency overseas.

The People's Bank of China (PBoC) said it would designate Chinese banks as the yuan clearing institutions in the two European countries later, according to statements issued on Sunday.

China earlier this month named the Bank of China as the clearing bank for yuan dealings in Frankfurt, Germany, and the China Construction Bank in London. A top Australian official said last week that China will designate a clearing bank in Sydney.

The moves come as China seeks to make the yuan -- also known as the renminbi -- used more internationally in keeping with the country's status as the world's second biggest economy behind the United States.

China keeps a tight grip on the value of its currency and limits capital flows into and out of the country, but officials have pledged to make the exchange rate more flexible.

Yuan clearing in France and Luxembourg would allow companies and financial institutions to use the currency for cross-border transactions, as well as promote liberalisation of trade and investment, the PBoC said.

European countries are competing to become the dominant hub for yuan business in the continent.

Banque de France called the memorandum of understanding with the PBoC the "first step" towards creation of a yuan clearing and settlement system in Paris.

"It aims at enabling the safe and efficient settlement in renminbi in an open system covering transactions in the Eurozone or the neighbouring regions," it said in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/china-signs-yuan-accords-france-luxembourg-060423838.html
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum