Dinar Daily
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Phony Tony sez: Full Steam Ahead!
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:51 am by Mission1st

» Dave Schmidt - Zim Notes for Purchase (NOT PHYSICAL NOTES)
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2024 11:45 am by Mission1st

» Russia aren't taking any prisoners
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 6:48 pm by kenlej

» Deadly stampede could affect Iraq’s World Cup hopes 1/19/23
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:02 am by Ditartyn

» ZIGPLACE
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2024 6:29 am by Zig

» CBD Vape Cartridges
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2024 2:10 pm by Arendac

» Classic Tony is back
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2024 2:53 pm by Mission1st

» THE MUSINGS OF A MADMAN
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Arendac

»  Minister of Transport: We do not have authority over any airport in Iraq
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:40 am by Verina

» Did Okie Die?
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 11:34 am by Arendac

» Hello all, I’m new
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm by Jonny_5

» The Renfrows: Prophets for Profits, Happy Anniversary!
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:46 pm by Mission1st

» What Happens when Cancer is treated with Cannabis? VIDEO
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am by MadisonParrish

» An Awesome talk between Tucker and Russell Brand
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 12:16 am by kenlej

» Trafficking in children
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 7:43 pm by kenlej

» The second American Revolution has begun, God Bless Texas
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:13 pm by kenlej

» The Global Currency Reset Evolution Event Will Begin With Gold, Zimbabwe ZWR Old Bank Notes
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 3:28 pm by Mission1st

» Tucker talking Canada
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 6:50 pm by kenlej

» Almost to the end The goodguys are winning
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 9:03 pm by kenlej

» Dinar Daily Facebook Page
Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 3:34 pm by Ponee

Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says

Go down

Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says Empty Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says

Post by Ponee Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:17 pm

Army may lose millions in Iraq bank failure, watchdog says

Failure to report frozen funds complicates recovery

By Phillip Swarts
-
The Washington Times
Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Like a replay of the Great Depression, a bank in Iraq went under in 2010, nearly taking millions of American dollars with it.

The Al-Warka Bank was already having stability problems when the U.S. began to close all its accounts as part of the withdrawal of troops from Iraq. Then the bank faltered, and the Army lost $6.5 million.

“Since the Al-Warka Bank was placed in receivership in November 2010, the Army has been unable to readily withdraw cash,” said the Pentagon’s internal inspector general in a new report.

The top brass is only now learning of the loss because the disbursing officer in charge of the funds never reported the loss, the IG said, “because she believed she would recover these funds in the future.”

About $1.1 million has been repaid so far by the bank, inspectors said, but not getting the proper Defense Department debt payment experts involved immediately puts the rest of the cash at risk.

“As a result of not reporting a loss of funds, the risk of losing the remaining balance of $5.4 million increased,” investigators said.

Army officials said that the disbursement officer and several other individuals have been reassigned to new posts, and that the U.S. Army Financial Management Command is working to recover the money.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/15/army-may-lose-millions-iraq-bank-failure-watchdog-/#ixzz2z5AH0bEm
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
Ponee
Ponee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum